Was London recorded for a dvd release ?

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

roselace
Trash
Trash

Re: Was London recorded for a dvd release ?

Post by roselace » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:05 pm

DL,

I had seats once, we were the only
enthusiastic 3 on the block! did feel "disconnected" i prefer to be with the other "crazy ones" :grin:
but it takes my energy up!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Someone just posted this on my Led Zeppelin board. Taken from Ross Halfin's blog:

"December 7

Spent the day with Jimmy Page (...) Had to have a
break in our day and rush off to Marble Arch to shoot Alice Cooper in
his hotel in which I'd set up a studio. And it went well. Alice turned
up on time, did what was asked, signed some cds for Noriega and could
not have been nicer.

Rushed back to Jimmy's in the rain, finished up a longish day and
James took us all out to dinner... It was a productive day and when
things work they work well."

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Pfew. That one took a lot of editing, and it's still very long and possibly confused. Will have to re read it again when I am not so hyper ;)

http://dragonladych.livejournal.com/159383.html

Back to work tomorrow. :/

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi

Just signed up to this site having lurked in the shadows for some time.

I have been a big Alice fan since the early 90's when I was a youg lad and have been to see him every year since the Brutal Planet tour. I went to the Brighton gig on Saturday and had a great time. I walked past the venue in the morning and saw some of you waiting outside. I'm sorry I didn't stop and say hi both then and some of the other times that I have got there far too early!

I must say that your devotion to Alice is remarkable and it makes me angry to hear about what happened in London. It can be quite intimidating at the front sometimes (Southampton last year springs to mind) but is ultimately worth the hassle so keep up the good work :)

I was really impressed with the USB deal and can't wait for the blue-ray and forthcoming album.

Ed, Taunton.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:44 pm

Welcome to the board, Ed! Maybe I was in a different area as I thought Soton was relatively calm last year (aside from the drunk woman whose hand I was forced to bite). But yes, it does make one's blood fizz when bad organisation sods it up for people.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 pm

At Southampton, I was at the front on the left hand side when some giant drunk bloke and his mate started throwing themselves around and trying to kick and punch people for no reason.

They attacked a guy who looked just like M. Manson (who was forced to leave) and were just plain dangerous. I can still recall the look on Alice's face as he could see what was happening.

I also remember some of the Motorhead fans at Bournemouth a year earlier causing all sorts of trouble too. No need really but I guess it's to be expected :(

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:36 am

Welcome, wind_up_toy.

From what I recall, some members here had some runs-ins and definite opinions of Motorhead fans at that show. I could be thinking of a different show, but the fan comments were from the Motorhead lot I'm sure of that.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:50 am

Hi, I'm sure all bands have their share of unwanted fans so not trying to tar them all with the same brush. It's just a shame that the odd one or two cause so much hassle :(

TuiiYa
Trash
Trash

Post by TuiiYa » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:20 pm

sounds as if there had been no security staff present in these gigs? our security guys would intervene for sure... or,I hope so...while getting a little bit anxious about my gig this Friday in Helsinki.
It may be your world...but this is my street.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Sadly there are always some stoopids, I had the back of my leather slashed with a blade at Alice at Wembley a few years back and didn't realise until after the gig.
There were idiots at Reading 87 and Marquee 89 even Alice Monsters Of Rock a few years ago but most bands attract undesirables with more drink in them than they can handle, the most dangerous gig I went to was a Manic Street Preachers one, I can look after myself but I thought my then girlfriend (now wife) was going to get crushed and had to get rather agressive myself to get her to the safety of the back of the venue and wouldn't subject her to that again, which is why I get seats at rock gigs these days if I'm with her
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:08 pm

You see all sorts of things but mostly it's ok. At the concert in France I mentioned earlier security was just looking at us blankly not even trying to do anything it was scary.

I was a bit surprised to see there were what, 3 or 4 four security guards in London? I'm not sure. But even in a tiny venue like Pratteln and with a crowd that has always behaved when I've been there, they have probably the same number but for a much smaller stage. To be fair the guys at the barrier, at least the one next to us was doing his job well. The one who looked like the boss was also efficient. It was the door staff that were completely underprepared.

I'm sure you'll be fine TuiiYa

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:46 pm

glamprincess wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:I love those 1975 Nightmare interviews Glam Princess, especially the guy that says "he rules!"

Not always London, remember Trashes The World DVD was Birmingham, keep meaning to freeze frame it to spot myself!
Oh, I love those 1975 Nightmare interviews too, Steven. I loved when that girl said about Alice, "He's brilliant, just brilliant". I was joking about how Brits love the word "brilliant" because I actually love British accents and expressions. I think they are brilliant! :clap:

And if you're trying to make me feel better about Trashes the World being filmed in Birmingham....well, that's still the UK isn't it?! For Britain Only......indeed! And did you say that you're on it, Steven? Where are you?
I know you were only joking about the British interviews on the Welcome To My Nightmare video/DVD Glam Princess, and I take your point we have been lucky to have had 3 live videos/DVD's released so far that were recorded here (and I was at 2 of them, 3 when this next one comes out).

Birmingham for Trashes The World was recorded over 2 nights and I was near the front of stage, in fact I even caught Al Pitrelli's signed Alice Cooper Trash Guitar Pick (which I'm going to use for the first time at a gig Monday when I play an acoustic version of 'Only Women Bleed'!).

Most of the footage was recorded on one night so I might not be on the DVD.

Remember though, the Good To See You Again, Strange Case Of and Nightmare Returns releases were not recorded here and we never even got the first 2 of those touring here for various reasons, so the North American continent gets it's fair share of Alice!

I'm just pleased those 2 major shows mentioned that never came here, have at least been released in one form or another.

I remember you saying you were at the Welcome To My Nightmare show in Canada as a young girl with your father, now that is something really special you lucky woman!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:55 pm

steven_crayn wrote: I know you were only joking about the British interviews on the Welcome To My Nightmare video/DVD Glam Princess, and I take your point we have been lucky to have had 3 live videos/DVD's released so far that were recorded here (and I was at 2 of them, 3 when this next one comes out).

Birmingham for Trashes The World was recorded over 2 nights and I was near the front of stage, in fact I even caught Al Pitrelli's signed Alice Cooper Trash Guitar Pick (which I'm going to use for the first time at a gig Monday when I play an acoustic version of 'Only Women Bleed'!).

Most of the footage was recorded on one night so I might not be on the DVD.

Remember though, the Good To See You Again, Strange Case Of and Nightmare Returns releases were not recorded here and we never even got the first 2 of those touring here for various reasons, so the North American continent gets it's fair share of Alice!

I'm just pleased those 2 major shows mentioned that never came here, have at least been released in one form or another.

I remember you saying you were at the Welcome To My Nightmare show in Canada as a young girl with your father, now that is something really special you lucky woman!
I believe the "Good to See You Again AC" show was filmed in Texas and the "Nightmare Returns" show was filmed in Detroit. Since I live in Toronto, that doesn't give me any consolation. ::((: :rotfl:

You are right that I was at the Welcome to My Nightmare show, which I saw in Montreal. I was not with my father though. I was very young but it was my sister and her boyfriend who took me to that show. I know a lot of fans think I'm lucky that I got to see the legendary WtMN show. But I've always wished that I could have seen the Killer or Billion Dollar Babies shows which I never saw because I was just too young in those days. The WtMN show was when Alice had become more of a mainstream entertainer, so I always wished I could have seen Alice when he was considered the "baddest" rocker ever which was during the 1971-1973 tours.

But you are right, Steven, that I am lucky that I did manage to see such a legendary show. And I have to tell you that the giant spider web was pretty amazing. So was the split screen.

quad73
Trash
Trash

Post by quad73 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:20 pm

¨Me and my girlfriend was almost front row at the gig! tehe was a girl standing beside me though with an Alice Cooper t-shist on.. and the sad thing was, she didn´t show any kind of emotion during the show.
Not once did she sing along or react to what was going on on stage. Not even schools out and Poison got her in the mood..
I wondered what she was doin there at all. :angry:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:11 pm

glamprincess wrote:Since I live in Toronto, that doesn't give me any consolation. ::((: :rotfl:
You guys got the Chicken Incident, though. ;) :p

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:42 am

quad73 wrote:¨Me and my girlfriend was almost front row at the gig! tehe was a girl standing beside me though with an Alice Cooper t-shist on.. and the sad thing was, she didn´t show any kind of emotion during the show.
Not once did she sing along or react to what was going on on stage. Not even schools out and Poison got her in the mood..
I wondered what she was doin there at all. :angry:
Thats what I hate, people who fight their way to the front, and don't know any song when they get there. I think the barrier should be saved for us sickies. Who's with me!? :evil:
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:27 am

Well, some people are just not demonstrative, she probably enjoy herself too.
But what gets me is people who go out to buy beer or food in the middle of a concerts and walk around chatting loudly. Why bother to go to a concert then? There are thousands of people who'd rather be in their place.

Like the other day at the Bruce Kulick showcase. I'm sure some fans would have travelled miles to see that, and you still had some idiots talking and drinking beer in the middle of Bruce's demo! It was an exclusive thing with only 150 places, they had the big luck to be there but no, they couldn't care less :(

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
glamprincess wrote:Since I live in Toronto, that doesn't give me any consolation. ::((: :rotfl:
You guys got the Chicken Incident, though. ;) :p
Yes, we did. And the 1980 riot took place in Toronto too.

And don't forget that Bob Ezrin is from Toronto! :clap:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 pm

True, but Bob Ezrin was inducted into the Canadian Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame during the Junos in Edmonton. ;)

I know, that was a weak attempt on my part. :/

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:19 pm

DL. I agree with you. Never understood why people do that, I mean, you pay money to see the gig not natter over beers.
...And personally, I don't care.