Other (discuss below)
No votes

Total votes: 16

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:15 am

Symbiotic Function wrote:
Alicehunter2000 wrote: Hmmm. Well don't expect to see a George W. Bush impersonator anytime soon despite the horrendously large amount of Dubya masks readily available. At least I still like AC's music...
???

Have you ever gone to an Alice Cooper show?

He's had a George W. Bush mask onstage both election years.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Symbiotic Function
Trash
Trash

Post by Symbiotic Function » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:06 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Alicehunter2000 wrote: Hmmm. Well don't expect to see a George W. Bush impersonator anytime soon despite the horrendously large amount of Dubya masks readily available. At least I still like AC's music...

???

Have you ever gone to an Alice Cooper show?

He's had a George W. Bush mask onstage both election years.

Have I ever gone to a AC show? Yes, in answer to your ??? query, I've seen AC live 9 times from '89 to '05. But I have never seen a Dubya impersonator - just my luck!! But I bet he still wasn't holding an oil can or the official figures on US soldiers killed in yet another pointless conflict. But your point was appreciated just the same. :)

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:05 am

Symbiotic Function wrote: Have I ever gone to a AC show? Yes, in answer to your ??? query, I've seen AC live 9 times from '89 to '05. But I have never seen a Dubya impersonator - just my luck!! But I bet he still wasn't holding an oil can or the official figures on US soldiers killed in yet another pointless conflict. But your point was appreciated just the same. :)
Maybe Alice can act out A-hab the arab running a jet airliner into large building on the next tour and it'll all finally click for you.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:36 am

SF, he started doing the Bush thing last year about late July when "Elected" was put it into the set on the U.S. part of the tour I believe. Also, I *think* he's seen at the end of Brutally Live during "Elected" but I haven't paid too much attention to it and haven't watched it in a while.
Me = Winning

WeirdKat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by WeirdKat » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:16 am

I believe he puts in "Elected" into the show whenever there's a presidential campaign that year, and it features the candidates for president, if he can get the masks. In "Brutally Live" in 2000, he had a fight start between "Gore" and "Bush" with "Clinton" and "Hillary" joining in. Last year, he had "Bush" and "Kerry" start out doing some goofy dance, with "Kerry" ripping the front out of "Bush's" shirt (wardrobe accident! ) and then jumping up and down in glee until his pants fell down and revealed Spongebob Squarepants boxer shorts. :p If you watch the video of Elected at the end of the bonus disc in Prime Cuts, you'll see the candidates from that year...he just uses whoever is running, or in office, or whatever. No politics to it, other than to make fun of politics in general.
My carbon footprint wears baby shoes

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:14 am

On the brutally live DVD Nixon, Kennedy and the Clintons (Bill without pants) is onstage during Elected. But I think Bush was on the Dragontown tour.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:56 pm

Alice DID have someone wearing a George W. Bush mask during the two tours that happened during election years, during the 2000 and 2004 tours. He had people wearing the masks of both the Democrat and Republican candidates and made fun of both parties equally. So, people should not assume that he only made fun of one political party or that he picked sides with his stage show.

Symbiotic Function
Trash
Trash

Post by Symbiotic Function » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:38 pm

Good replies on the subject of Dubya appearances at AC gigs and why or who has been lampooned - very interesting to read. Of course, my thoughts on this arise from AC's very open Dubya support on his radio show. To be honest, I can only recall seeing a Clinton lookalike (with his trousers missing) - at the RNR Carnival tour I think. I'm clearly gonna have to pay more attention to the stage act during Elected. :)

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:32 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Symbiotic Function wrote: Have I ever gone to a AC show? Yes, in answer to your ??? query, I've seen AC live 9 times from '89 to '05. But I have never seen a Dubya impersonator - just my luck!! But I bet he still wasn't holding an oil can or the official figures on US soldiers killed in yet another pointless conflict. But your point was appreciated just the same. :)

Maybe Alice can act out A-hab the arab running a jet airliner into large building on the next tour and it'll all finally click for you.
just think about all of the oil and what its worth.has it clicked with you yet?
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

Symbiotic Function
Trash
Trash

Post by Symbiotic Function » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:26 pm

This is my fault since this all directly stems from one of my posts. I'm with hywei on this one. There are no direct links between the shocking 9/11 terrorist attack and Saddam's Iraq - even George W. Bush has reluctantly admitted to this, after his administration had already heavily hinted otherwise to the US populace, in order to gain support for the war in Iraq. And that is pure fact, accept it. I've seen so many forum arguments arise over politics that I'm loath to discuss this any further in public. The really sad part, is that this would never have been discussed at all if AC would just refrain from frequently publically remarking on his political stance. It makes his concert mickey-taking of politics extremely dubious and very difficult to accept for many of his fans. All imo of course!! See ya'll elsewhere on the forum.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:39 pm

Symbiotic Function wrote:I've seen so many forum arguments arise over politics that I'm loath to discuss this any further in public. The really sad part, is that this would never have been discussed at all if AC would just refrain from frequently publically remarking on his political stance.

Dude you brought it up.

But anyhow, Saddam was a blatant supporter of terrorism and he needed to be taken out. Go cry for him somewhere else.

I'm sure you have no problem with guys spouting their political beliefs when they agree with yours though.

Edited By RemarkablyInsincere on 1133134916

83-1102012922

Post by 83-1102012922 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:44 pm

Politics is NOT a subject for this message board. Please keep this VERY Alice related or it will be stopped.

Symbiotic Function
Trash
Trash

Post by Symbiotic Function » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:09 am

Si wrote:Politics is NOT a subject for this message board. Please keep this VERY Alice related or it will be stopped.
Point taken.

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:21 am

I'm with Alice and RemarkablyInsincere ;)
AH2000
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

Jay
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jay » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:04 am

Politics SUCK!!! A boring bunch of liars! (Remember, this is just my opinion). Who gives a crap who Alice supports, it doesn't change the music. And speaking of music, wasn't this thread originally about the B$B DVD?
All of the above is just my opinion.

Mad Axeman
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Mad Axeman » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:33 pm

How come we Brits have to wait so long to buy this?
I thought Alice loved us...For Britain Only'....etc
I'm gonna go and sulk 'til January now
To the Axeman, all supplicants are the same height...

http://www.myspace.com/6stringsiseverything

Jay
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jay » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:13 am

I'm finally going to buy my copy later on today. :laugh: It's been long wait. It sucks that overseas has to wait.
All of the above is just my opinion.