Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ALICE COOPER To Enter Studio In Early 2010

Post by mattcoddington » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 pm

here is toroto bob's exact quote:

"Now if Alice was working with Jack White or Rick Rubin, I would say the chances of a kick-ass album are at least plausible and that is something I could get excited about."

i then asked him to back up his statement, consider neither white nor rubin have worked with alice, or any other artist like alice. i asked bob why he choose these particular people and why he thought they could be the key to alice's next success. note: i never said these wouldn't be good choices, i merely asked why BOB thought would be.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Rubin could be an interesting choice because he has two solid examples that I can think of in regards to revitalizing old careers (Johnny Cash, Metallica) and as far as him never working with someone "like Alice", well he's worked with artist like the aforementioned Cash and Metallica as well as Danzig and The Beastie Boys. So while maybe he hasn't worked with an artist like Alice, he certainly can handle diverse types of artists and can coax some good music out of them. So that explains Rubin. As far as Jack White goes, I think this man does a lot with very little. The energy and groove of the White Stripes albums could of been put to good use when Alice wanted to strip things down for the Eyes of AC album. They also share a Detroit connection so I think it could make for an interesting collaboration.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:43 pm

:love: This is good news. Im so happy Alice is still going Full Steam Ahead ! He is an enertainment animal ! We are forunate that he is still going. He could "lay back" anytime he wanted too. He works harder than anyone I know in the music biz. I dont know what drives him...but it works for me. :love:
THANK YOU ALICE....Long live the KING !
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Very nice article. I'm looking forward to all of it (new album, new live dvd, continuation of ToD and potential ACAS tour).
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Edited and deleted numerous posts all over this thread starting with a few name-calling instances from one member that led to derailing the topic and making things personal.

Can we please keep this thread on task and refrain from making it nasty again? Admin would sure appreciate that. Thanks.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Rubin has also worked with Neil Diamond, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and AC/DC, among many others.

It's not a guaranteed slam dunk with Rubin, but he has a way of bringing out the best in many of the artists he has worked with.

In my mind, he pretty much resurrected Metallica after nearly two decades of extremely lackluster material from them. "Death Magnetic" is a real return to form.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:33 am

Shoesalesman wrote:Edited and deleted numerous posts all over this thread starting with a few name-calling instances from one member that led to derailing the topic and making things personal.

Can we please keep this thread on task and refrain from making it nasty again? Admin would sure appreciate that. Thanks.
thank you shoey. I was starting to regret my return to the fold. :/

as for the topic at hand, I think Rubin would be an interesting experiment, but I'll bet many of the hardcore fans would be unhappy with what he produced. My hunch is that it's Ezrin.
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:15 am

Just a guilty pleasure here, but what about David Foster as producer? He produced From The Inside, which was many, many moons ago, but I think he's still very active in music. He has credits on three songs from that album: From The Inside, Nurse Rozetta and Serious.
Granted, he's doing charity benefits lately, but I was reading his bio on his official website and he's done some collaborations with some high-ranking folks over the last few decades. A proven producer, song writer... the only question mark for me is the chemistry between him and Alice after thirty years since FTI.
Maybe it should just be a guilty pleasure, I dunno. Just thinking outside the box a bit.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:31 am

David Foster is imo too soft. I hope on a producer like Rubin.
Ezrin would be no good choise as the expectations were too high.
Arjen lucassen as a long time fan would also be interesting.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:07 am

revinkevin wrote:I have asked before but have not heard a response, Who was the producer of choice that Alice was talking about when he was writing ACAS ? Heard there were some scheduling conflicts on both sides so Alice went with Hampton instead.
I think it was Marti Frederiksen.
Me = Winning

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:58 am

My top 5 choice of Producers for next album

Rick Rubin
Brendan O’Brien
Butch Vig
Matt Coddington
Andy Michael

:smack:
It must be true A_Michael said so

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:14 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:
revinkevin wrote:I have asked before but have not heard a response, Who was the producer of choice that Alice was talking about when he was writing ACAS ? Heard there were some scheduling conflicts on both sides so Alice went with Hampton instead.
I think it was Marti Frederiksen.
Thank you. I thought there was a Aerosmith connection with the producer.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:29 pm

The more i think about this, the more i believe Arjen Lucassen would be an amazing choice as producer, he'd certainly deliver an epic sound.

Not sure Rick Rubin would work very well, i just have this horrible feeling that he'd have Alice singing country songs!

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote: Not sure Rick Rubin would work very well, i just have this horrible feeling that he'd have Alice singing country songs!
Good enough for me !

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:21 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Not sure Rick Rubin would work very well, i just have this horrible feeling that he'd have Alice singing country songs!
If they were Merle Haggard covers, I'd say go for it. ;)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:45 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:The more i think about this, the more i believe Arjen Lucassen would be an amazing choice as producer, he'd certainly deliver an epic sound.

Not sure Rick Rubin would work very well, i just have this horrible feeling that he'd have Alice singing country songs!

Damned If You Do.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Lets rejoice that Alice is already working on a new album, i was a fan back in the early eighties when we had to wait four years for the next Album. But it does sound like he is considering a total change in direction (which pleases me no end, don't like ACAS) and i wonder if the fact that he only plays one song from the album live reflects HIS lack of faith in the material.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

dadascot wrote:i wonder if the fact that he only plays one song from the album live reflects HIS lack of faith in the material.
I agree and wonder the same. The problem with ACAS is that it feels rushed. A song needs a solid riff before you fit in the lyrics. The riff is what people remember before the words, but instead of riffing we get vamping, and soloing, which really goes nowhere. I hope Alice takes his time and works out quality, catchy riffs for the next album.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:02 pm

I hope Alice takes his time and works out quality, catchy riffs for the next album.
Personally, I hope that whomever he works and writes with comes up with catchy quality music and production outing.
Me = Winning

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:09 pm

dadascot wrote:i wonder if the fact that he only plays one song from the album live reflects HIS lack of faith in the material.
Well, I think Alice didn't count out a possible ACAS tour later on in the future (I think this is the gist of what he said in a recent interview but please someone correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't think it's a lack of faith in ACAS tunes, maybe just a better idea came along for a stage show/tour theme that developed into the Theatre Of Death tour. But that's my opinion only.

And he played two songs from ACAS last year, not just one... and that was on a tour that didn't support ACAS either.