Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

ALICE COOPER To Enter Studio In Early 2010

Post by steven15322 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:09 pm

I just saw this on Blabbermouth - From Billboard.com

http://www.billboard.com/news/alice-coo ... 1311.story

With a revamped set list and four onstage "deaths," Alice Cooper is shaking things up a bit with his just-launched Theatre of Death North American tour.

"It's Alice all the way, but the formula is totally upside down and backwards," the veteran shock-rocker tells Billboard.com. "It's a celebration of Alice stuff. There's no moral to it. It really is just sort of a celebration of different phases of Alice."

Cooper credits Robert Jess Roth, who directed the original stage production of Walt Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" and is a big Cooper fan, with the Theatre of Death concept. "He said, 'I want your lyrics to tell the story,' " recalls Cooper, who had to write a new verse for "Devil's Food" to accommodate Roth's script. "He said, 'I want to tell four stories -- the delinquent Alice, Alice in hell, four different acts. And at the end of each act we kill you; we kill that Alice and introduce the next Alice.'

"He showed me the set list and the ideas and we started talking about what deaths would be good, this and that, and the show just stared forming. All of a sudden we had this elaborate show, new lights and props and costumes and everything, and I really liked it.

Besides the deaths, Cooper is also throwing fans by starting with his usual show-closer, "School's Out" (which is reprised at the end of the night). "People are going, 'What? You don't kill Alice in the first five songs. What's gonna happen?!' To me it's really exciting to do a new show that works like this. And it's more rockin', this show, than the last show. There's more hard rock songs in a row."

Cooper says he plans on filming and recording the Theatre of Death tour at some point before it winds down in December, though he also plans on taking the same show out again in 2010. He also isn't ruling out a future show based on his 2008 album "Along Came a Spider," although he's already started work on his next album, too.

"I've got three or four songs written for it," says Cooper, who says it involves "a new character, a new direction and probably a surprising producer on this one." He plans to hit the studio in early 2010 and finish the album before he heads back out on the road. Cooper also has a part in the upcoming vampire comedy "Suck."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ALICE COOPER To Enter Studio In Early 2010

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:38 pm

I love it!
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Great news! A little suprised about the lack of an ACAS tour, but oh well I always love new music!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:52 pm

I for one am really glad that Alice has chosen this style of production rather than touring ACAS, which lets face it, has lost all it's momentum now.

I see absolutely no point in Alice doing a tour to promote a product which has been out for such a long time.

Really looking forward to catching Alice live in Swindon, can't believe he'll be playing only 30 minutes drive from where i live!

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:54 pm

By all means film it,but on subject of recording it,why not do what a lot of bands are doing now and record each gig and sell them as official bootlegs,live and raw and the complete set, otherwise it will be like the other live albums ie,not worth having.
A new album in 2010 ? lets hope it gets better support from him than he has managed to do with ACAS so far.Theatre of Death tour back out again in 2010,do i hear the sound of a dead horse being flogged.Come on Alice we support your new work,please treat us fans with some respect,a good percentage of us have moved on from 1970`s.Although reading some of the posts on this forum.I maybe wrong (ouch,that hurts)
:x
It must be true A_Michael said so

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Rob wrote:Theatre of Death tour back out again in 2010,do i hear the sound of a dead horse being flogged.
and how many times have you seen the tour thus far??????

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Rob wrote:Come on Alice we support your new work,please treat us fans with some respect,
how does he not show respect? he's still recording and touring. that shows respect in my book.
Rob wrote:a good percentage of us have moved on from 1970`s.
and so has alice. what's your point?
Rob wrote:Although reading some of the posts on this forum.I maybe wrong (ouch,that hurts) :x
truth does hurt sometimes.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:05 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I for one am really glad that Alice has chosen this style of production rather than touring ACAS, which lets face it, has lost all it's momentum now.

I see absolutely no point in Alice doing a tour to promote a product which has been out for such a long time.

Really looking forward to catching Alice live in Swindon, can't believe he'll be playing only 30 minutes drive from where i live!
ACAS, which lets face it, has lost all it's momentum now.
We had to wait 3 years to hear any of The Last Temptation live and it worked fine.Any day now i am expecting Zipper and Dada to get the same treatment (Not)

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Rob wrote: We had to wait 3 years to hear any of The Last Temptation live and it worked fine.
*we* did??

south america heard songs in 95 and i saw songs in 96.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:15 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
Rob wrote:Come on Alice we support your new work,please treat us fans with some respect,
how does he not show respect? he's still recording and touring. that shows respect in my book.
Rob wrote:a good percentage of us have moved on from 1970`s.
and so has alice. what's your point?

My point is that only 4 tracks used in the tour are not from the 70`s.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Rob wrote: My point is that only 4 tracks used in the tour are not from the 70`s.
i suggest you search the forums here. you will find many topics explaining why that is.
Last edited by mattcoddington on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:28 pm

>We had to wait 3 years to hear any of The Last Temptation live and it worked fine.

Stuff from "Along Came The Spider" was performed last year, so some people waited even less time than you did. Go to the "News" page and read the story at:
http://www.theprogressnews.com/default.asp?read=18742 but if you can't be bothered, here's the bit you need to be aware of:
"Christine Alexander, a long-time fan, came to Clearfield County from Bedford to see the show. She named "Frankenstein" as her favorite song, and many fans said they were disappointed that the song wasn't performed last night."

Whatever Alice does, someone complains. He can't win.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:31 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:Whatever Alice does, someone complains. He can't win.
So true... he's better off ignoring all of us!
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Rob wrote:A new album in 2010 ? lets hope it gets better support from him than he has managed to do with ACAS so far.Theatre of Death tour back out again in 2010,do i hear the sound of a dead horse being flogged.Come on Alice we support your new work,please treat us fans with some respect
How is the "Theatre of Death" tour continuing into 2010 flogging a dead horse? It's a brand new show and sounds like one of Alice's most exciting theatrical presentations which is what many fans said they wanted. People who have actually seen the show are saying they are really loving it, so why wouldn't Alice continue with this exciting new show? How many other veteran rock stars are still coming up with new stage ideas and new theatrical thrills? How many other veteran rock stars are touring every single year? How many other veteran rock stars are still putting out so many new albums? Considering how much new material Alice is still putting out in both albums and shows, I honestly don't understand how you can say he doesn't respect his fans?

The people who have actually SEEN the show are giving it rave reviews. So what if Alice doesn't have enough new material in the setlist? He puts out new music and does exciting new stuff in the show. He's being way more creative than most other veteran rock acts. I think it's amazing how creative he still is.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:02 pm

God, I truly hope Alice doesn't hear some of the sh*t that's said on this board. ::((:

Rob, you're in the wrong here buddy. Dead horse? :laugh: Give me a break. First of all, have you seen the show? (no). Have you even checked out pictures and videos on YouTube? This is a COMPLETELY different show than anyone has seen this decade from Alice. Quit drawing conclusions from the setlist.

I'd really like to see YOUR setlist, and theatrics for YOUR Alice show. Don't forget the hits. Don't forget 1 or 2 rare tracks from the early albums. Don't forget a couple of tracks from this era. That era. This album. That album. Brutal Planet, DD, ACAS. Oh, and make sure it flows nicely. And the band knows how to play it. And it sounds good live. And it has to be an 90 minutes long. And it will get the crowd going.

Brutal Planet is probably my favorite Alice album...and I'm THRILLED (1) track is being played from the album because Alice's catalogue is SO BIG, with 25 studio albums...I realize that he will never please everyone. So he tries to please 90% of the crowd by playing all of the hits...because that's what the casual fan wants to hear. I'm STOKED to hear Guilty live, but I could never tell you with a straight face that it will get the same reaction live as School's Out.

But go ahead, and humor me....and show us the setlist and show you'd like to see.
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 pm

>God, I truly hope Alice doesn't hear some of the sh*t that's said on this board.

Alice has been hearing about this stuff since before this site was created.

>I'd really like to see YOUR setlist, and theatrics for YOUR Alice show. Don't forget the hits. Don't forget 1 or 2 rare tracks from the early albums. Don't forget a couple of tracks from this era. That era. This album. That album. Brutal Planet, DD, ACAS. Oh, and make sure it flows nicely. And the band knows how to play it. And it sounds good live. And it has to be an 90 minutes long. And it will get the crowd going.

Very well put.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:35 pm

What I just don't get is, that we have a 'Legendary' artist here, of some significant calibre who announces that he is to add yet another album to his already substantial catalogue and further announcement of more touring of this new show.............. and then there are gripes!?

The Blabbermouth article provides some serious insight into the creation of the show, (which is nothing short of fascinating) and at the same time we learn that Alice has this unique opportunity to pull off this kind of Theatrical Retrospective!?

I mean, just how cool is that?! No, really!

It is widely acknowledged he writes albums in pairs, and it seems he is close to Touring pairs of shows too.

I really do not see the problem.

Wouldn't retirement be more of an issue to complain about?, or his health?, or anything else he may choose to put before recording and touring?

He is a truly remarkable individual.

And, as for 'flogging a dead horse', that goes withn the territory doesn't it?; at school - yeah, decades ago! - we had this saying,

Q. "I am a sado-masochistic necrophiliac, am I flogging a dead horse?"

A. "No, you're Alice Cooper!"
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:18 pm

would be happy to get to any alice show right now..the complaining is mind boggling I tell ya! I just caught the show opening video on you tube and my hairs on my arm were sticking straight up,complete with goosebumps!

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Rob wrote:By all means film it,but on subject of recording it,why not do what a lot of bands are doing now and record each gig and sell them as official bootlegs,live and raw and the complete set, otherwise it will be like the other live albums ie,not worth having.
A new album in 2010 ? lets hope it gets better support from him than he has managed to do with ACAS so far.Theatre of Death tour back out again in 2010,do i hear the sound of a dead horse being flogged.Come on Alice we support your new work,please treat us fans with some respect,a good percentage of us have moved on from 1970`s.Although reading some of the posts on this forum.I maybe wrong (ouch,that hurts)
:x
"Theatre Of Death" is an amazing show. Alice is not flogging a dead horse. Just go see it and then maybe you will have some credibility with the judgement. It is something special indeed.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:26 am

Rob wrote:Theatre of Death tour back out again in 2010,do i hear the sound of a dead horse being flogged.
For some of us who probably won't see another Coop show until 2010 (maybe even later) I'd gladly see ANY tour, let alone the Theatre of Death tour. Alice is putting out the music and he keeps touring... how much more respectful can he be to us? Give me more School's Out, more Poison, more standards, just give me more shows, no matter what they are.

And great news about Alice putting out ANOTHER album. I already see some disappointment and unrealistic expectations in it even before the damn thing's released (not picking on you rob, just commenting generally).

Let Alice do his thing!!!
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...