For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SisterSara
Trash
Trash

Columbus, OH Aug 1 * Spoilers*

Post by SisterSara » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:02 am

Just got home from Columbus. Great show as usual! A lot going on in this show. Alice has new costumes that are AMAZING. Calico had a hilarious role - the boys got to fantasize and drool. The set was foggy a lot! and there were more "tricks" than there has been.

The only thing that I was a bit bummed about, only 3 songs were from this decade: "Wicked Young Man", "Dirty Diamonds" and "Vengence is Mine". (I didn't cheat and look at the setlist ahead of time.) I was hoping the show would follow "Spider". That album is MADE for a show. Regardless, all of the hits were there as per usual.

The crowd was having a great time, but Montreux was really crazy wild in comparison. I got a chance to speak with Cheryl and she told me that the energy at Montreux was much higher than usual this year.

Despite what I would like to have heard on the setlist, the show is a knockout!!

SisterSara
Trash
Trash

Re: Columbus, OH Aug 1

Post by SisterSara » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:27 pm

Oh Boy..forgot to put this contains spoilers in the headline.....couldn't find the "edit" button. Just joined early this AM and am still half asleep
Twenty dollars will make you die.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Columbus, OH Aug 1 * Spoilers*

Post by mattcoddington » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:14 pm

fyi - sheryl, not cheryl. :)

also, calico wasn't in the show. glad you had fun. that was a HUGE crowd last night

SisterSara
Trash
Trash

Post by SisterSara » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:03 pm

I knew that wasn't how to spell her name, but since I just joined after I spent 3 1/2 hours driving home after the show, I couldn't find the teeny weeny edit button. I thought that was Calico..I also thought.."boy she's filled out"..and "that's a bit creepy" with the Nurse Rozetta bit..but hey what do I know. Who was it? do you know? :/
Twenty dollars will make you die.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:06 pm

SisterSara wrote:I thought that was Calico..I also thought.."boy she's filled out"..and "that's a bit creepy" with the Nurse Rozetta bit..but hey what do I know. Who was it? do you know? :/
her name is tiffany. alice did sing 'rozetta' to calico in 02.

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:24 pm

I' m back from the show last night in Columbus. The wife and I were in section 208 row A directly behind the soundboard. The seats were wonderful. The show was great folks. Alice never disappoints and just seems to get stronger every time I see him. The man is timeless.

I wasn't so sure I would like the big screens being up there because I thought it would take away from the show but I was so wrong. For those not there they had camera guys in front of the stage filming the show and they would flash it on the big screens. I thought that was pretty cool.

I totally enjoyed the set although it seemed very WTMN oriented but I really don't have a problem with that considering I'm not a big fan of ACAS. I really didn't want to hear any of that anyway. In my opinion the one song off that record "Vengeance Is Mine was the weakest song in the set besides the obligatory "Poison" which I could always do without. Other than that I thought the set was great and the band was extremely tight. Man oh man what a difference it makes having Damon Johnson back. He and Kerri Kelli together are a six string arsenal. Wow!

I can go to hell.... I even make my grandma sick. :laugh:

That was great.

One thing I have to say about Columbus that pissed me off is there was NO BEER. A buddy of mine called me at my hotel room and said there is no beer being sold at the fair. I had a full cooler at the room and my friends came over with a ton of beer and we drank and partied in the room until right before the show. It was pretty funny because everyone was doing it. No beer at an Alice Cooper show. Unbelievable.

Anyway it was a blast and the show rocked. I loved the stage set up, the costumes were cool as hell, and Nurse Rozetta my oh my. :love: All in all a great night

Enjoy!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Devils Food wrote:One thing I have to say about Columbus that pissed me off is there was NO BEER. A buddy of mine called me at my hotel room and said there is no beer being sold at the fair. I had a full cooler at the room and my friends came over with a ton of beer and we drank and partied in the room until right before the show. It was pretty funny because everyone was doing it. No beer at an Alice Cooper show. Unbelievable.
Could be the fair is a family thing, where a specific Alice show at a theater or concert hall is okay for booze as it's a concert only with no other family events there. But I really don't know how US fairs work so I could be wrong. That's how they operate here anyway.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
Devils Food wrote:One thing I have to say about Columbus that pissed me off is there was NO BEER. A buddy of mine called me at my hotel room and said there is no beer being sold at the fair. I had a full cooler at the room and my friends came over with a ton of beer and we drank and partied in the room until right before the show. It was pretty funny because everyone was doing it. No beer at an Alice Cooper show. Unbelievable.
Could be the fair is a family thing, where a specific Alice show at a theater or concert hall is okay for booze as it's a concert only with no other family events there. But I really don't know how US fairs work so I could be wrong. That's how they operate here anyway.
That is the way it worked there yesterday. It was very much a family environment and to be honest I could understand why they would want it that way after being in that area. It was a little scary in some places. throw alcohol on that and wow. The show was indoors so I figured they would at least sell it inside but they weren't even geared to do that at that venue. At least that was my interpretation.

Thing is I remember drinking at that particular fair in the past at least I think so. Maybe it was an artificial memory?

Another thing I failed to mention about Columbus was that the merch booth was inside the arena. Usually they are in the hall outside the arena. Very weird and nicely controlled. Single file line that wrapped around and moved rather swiftly. I purchased a black and white "Theatre Of Death" t-shirt that is pretty cool. I'll try to post a pic of it when I figure out how. Unfortunately we didn't have a camera with me at the show. Taking pictures at the show always interfers with the experience IMO. I did get Rudy Sarzo and Buck Dharma's autograph though for what ist worth. They watched the Alice set from the sound board and were sitting just in front and under us. Kinda cool.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Devils Food wrote:One thing I have to say about Columbus that pissed me off is there was NO BEER.
i appreciated that. drunk fans are not cool at concerts. not saying you in particular would be drunk, just making a general statement.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:57 pm

No way...Rudy's with BOC again? ROCK ON! Can't wait to see him Thursday!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Actually, just visited BOC's site...looks like he's just IN the band now, huH? Cool. He's amazing.

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Well. I am so glad that Hunter posted photos so I don't have to try to describe Alice's outfits (or link to my photos, which are mostly terrible). The pants/trousers are pretty fab with the buckles and the spider patch...and I am so pleased that Alice is savvy enough to wear leather FRONTED pants(trousers) instead of all leather. At his age and with as much moving around as he does, all leather pants(trousers) would be a mistake, I think.;)
The big news costume wise, in my opinion, is what I call the Goes to Hell outfit. That HAT with the feathers and the bone jacket with crocodile tails, shrunken heads and rosaries--oh MY. I had to sit down for a minute after he came out with that.
The school's out mirrored outfit is incredible. There were at least two more jackets as well--one with big metal studs down the back that reminded me quite a bit of something Halford might wear. Overall it was something of a nod back to the Trashes the World era costumewise. Not a bad thing for sure!
The merch this year is very high quality. I got the t shirt Alice is wearing in the backstage photos (the front is a sort of indemnity contract that is really hilarious, and the back has lots of lovely goth lettering with the tour dates and shadowy Alice figures on the side. Another shirt features Alice in the skeleton suit with the theater of death logo and a slogan at the bottom which reads "they keep killing him and he keeps coming back!" I got that in the form of a keychain. There were at least three other t shirt designs, including a Poison design, a Trashes the world design (I came VERY close to getting that one!) and one with the theater of death face from the screen. I also got a set of very high quality vinyl stickers featuring three different "eyes", a theater of death head, and a couple of the designs from the ACAS album. There were buttons too, but I didn't check them out closely)

Now, let me say a word to all the hardcore fans who are disappointed in the setlist: as glamprincess said in the other thread, you REALLY need to see this show before passing judgement.
This is the most twisted, psychotic show I've seen Alice do. You will never listen to "Poison", "Is It My Body" or "I Never Cry" the same way again. In fact, I am trying right now to erase the visual of Alice in the nurses outfit and wig singing I Never Cry while in the noose. It's my favorite sappy song and I don't want my skin to crawl every time I listen to it! Seriously, you may think you've heard all these songs a thousand times(and some of you may have!) but you've NEVER heard them like this. The show doesn't so much follow the story of ACAS as give what appears to be the most indepth glimpse into the twisted inner life of patient#1111/Steven(?) we've ever had. If you are on the fence at all about going to this show, GET OFF IT and get your tickets! :nono:
A couple performance notes: I'm guessing it's because it came much sooner in the show than usual, but Alice sang "Poison" better than I've ever heard him before. On the other hand, I really hated Keri's guitar playing on it. I was trying very hard to keep an open mind about him (not being Roxie and all) but the major change he did in the riff really made me mad. Damon, on the other hand, was incredible. He played some really fantastic solos. The new drummer was good-kept his solo nice and short :)--but he didnt' catch the hat at the end. That had to have been embarassing.
Chuck led "I Love the Dead" :clap: and looked and sounded fabulous. He is quite smooth faced. ;)
Alice's voice on "Only Women Bleed" was also better than I've ever heard live. And I have to say that the fact that it ISN'T calico playing Nurse R really drives up the sexual tension. That whole part of the set is extremely creepy and wonderful. :)
Columbus had some trouble with the concept of "party time" at first---bouncing the balloons AWAY from the stage instead of toward it where Alice could pop them. They caught on eventually. ;)
And some of you might be as thrilled as me to know that the outtro music was "My Stars". Just a little closer to actually getting it in the setlist! :p
The Ohio State Fair was a trip. I was introduced to the alarming practice of "Mutton Bustin." :guntohead:
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:05 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
Devils Food wrote:One thing I have to say about Columbus that pissed me off is there was NO BEER.
i appreciated that. drunk fans are not cool at concerts. not saying you in particular would be drunk, just making a general statement.
Not to go off topic, but I completely agree. I will never understand why some peope feel the need to get hammered before / during a show.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Oh, I also agree about the booze. I was a little surprised about it at first, because I too have memories of folks careening around the Ohio State Fair wasted out of their minds, but it made the concert way more lovely not to have bad drunken behaviors and people constantly getting up to get more beer.
We stopped at a gas station on our way back to the hotel and picked up a post concert 6 pack. As someone from PA, gas station beer is quite a luxury. ;)

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:14 pm

alienspice wrote:In fact, I am trying right now to erase the visual of Alice in the nurses outfit and wig singing I Never Cry while in the noose. It's my favorite sappy song and I don't want my skin to crawl every time I listen to it! Seriously, you may think you've heard all these songs a thousand times(and some of you may have!) but you've NEVER heard them like this.
I am specifically looking forward to this! Seeing the pic of him in his inmate uniform with the nurse's coat and wig, in the noose....I just SO want to see that picture come to life. Can't wait!

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:16 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
Yeah I understand what you are saying it just made the audience seemed a little sterile. Took away the party rock and roll atmosphere. It didn't take away from the show at all. There were still a few stumblers around they just did it elsewhere I guess. I wasn't one of them even though we drank in the room.

Last night would have been a perfect show to take my daughter to. We didn't take her because the last Alice show we went to the guy next to us burned during the whole show.

You just never know.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:19 pm

alienspice wrote:Well. I am so glad that Hunter posted photos so I don't have to try to describe Alice's outfits (or link to my photos, which are mostly terrible). The pants/trousers are pretty fab with the buckles and the spider patch...and I am so pleased that Alice is savvy enough to wear leather FRONTED pants(trousers) instead of all leather. At his age and with as much moving around as he does, all leather pants(trousers) would be a mistake, I think.;)
The big news costume wise, in my opinion, is what I call the Goes to Hell outfit. That HAT with the feathers and the bone jacket with crocodile tails, shrunken heads and rosaries--oh MY. I had to sit down for a minute after he came out with that.
The school's out mirrored outfit is incredible. There were at least two more jackets as well--one with big metal studs down the back that reminded me quite a bit of something Halford might wear. Overall it was something of a nod back to the Trashes the World era costumewise. Not a bad thing for sure!
The merch this year is very high quality. I got the t shirt Alice is wearing in the backstage photos (the front is a sort of indemnity contract that is really hilarious, and the back has lots of lovely goth lettering with the tour dates and shadowy Alice figures on the side. Another shirt features Alice in the skeleton suit with the theater of death logo and a slogan at the bottom which reads "they keep killing him and he keeps coming back!" I got that in the form of a keychain. There were at least three other t shirt designs, including a Poison design, a Trashes the world design (I came VERY close to getting that one!) and one with the theater of death face from the screen. I also got a set of very high quality vinyl stickers featuring three different "eyes", a theater of death head, and a couple of the designs from the ACAS album. There were buttons too, but I didn't check them out closely)

Now, let me say a word to all the hardcore fans who are disappointed in the setlist: as glamprincess said in the other thread, you REALLY need to see this show before passing judgement.
This is the most twisted, psychotic show I've seen Alice do. You will never listen to "Poison", "Is It My Body" or "I Never Cry" the same way again. In fact, I am trying right now to erase the visual of Alice in the nurses outfit and wig singing I Never Cry while in the noose. It's my favorite sappy song and I don't want my skin to crawl every time I listen to it! Seriously, you may think you've heard all these songs a thousand times(and some of you may have!) but you've NEVER heard them like this. The show doesn't so much follow the story of ACAS as give what appears to be the most indepth glimpse into the twisted inner life of patient#1111/Steven(?) we've ever had. If you are on the fence at all about going to this show, GET OFF IT and get your tickets! :nono:
A couple performance notes: I'm guessing it's because it came much sooner in the show than usual, but Alice sang "Poison" better than I've ever heard him before. On the other hand, I really hated Keri's guitar playing on it. I was trying very hard to keep an open mind about him (not being Roxie and all) but the major change he did in the riff really made me mad. Damon, on the other hand, was incredible. He played some really fantastic solos. The new drummer was good-kept his solo nice and short :)--but he didnt' catch the hat at the end. That had to have been embarassing.
Chuck led "I Love the Dead" :clap: and looked and sounded fabulous. He is quite smooth faced. ;)
Alice's voice on "Only Women Bleed" was also better than I've ever heard live. And I have to say that the fact that it ISN'T calico playing Nurse R really drives up the sexual tension. That whole part of the set is extremely creepy and wonderful. :)
Columbus had some trouble with the concept of "party time" at first---bouncing the balloons AWAY from the stage instead of toward it where Alice could pop them. They caught on eventually. ;)
And some of you might be as thrilled as me to know that the outtro music was "My Stars". Just a little closer to actually getting it in the setlist! :p
The Ohio State Fair was a trip. I was introduced to the alarming practice of "Mutton Bustin." :guntohead:
Great post! Thanks! The show sounds fantastic. It sounds like the theatrics are spectacular and the show is quite exciting. And the costumes sound perfect too.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:24 pm

alienspice wrote:and one with the theater of death face from the screen.
A shirt with the pic of the large silk screen covering the front of the stage? Oh boy! :rock:
Appreciate the list of merch, spice. Sounds like the swag table had some great stuff.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks alienspice! I am now even more excited about seeing this show (if that were possible). Just 81 days or so...
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:16 pm

One other thing I wanted to mention--this is the first big rock show I've ever been to with a sign language interpreter. She was doing her very best, and it was sometimes kinda funny to look over and see how she signed some of the lyrics.
Thinking back I wonder if deaf folks wouldn't have gotten more out of just watching the SHOW than tyring to follow along what she was signing, which would presumably keep them from focusing on the action onstage (she was in a little box off to the right side)