Stage Props.....Caught any?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Stage Props.....Caught any?

Post by Dave Conway » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:12 pm

On the few occasions I have been near the front at Alice concerts, our eldest and I have always made a particular effort to see if we can catch any of the stuff that gets chucked in to the crowd from the stage..... ;)

So far, no luck ::((: .

At Monsters of Rock 06, at the end of Eighteen, Alice threw his crutch in to the crowd. Our lad and me BOTH got our hands on it as it fell :8): ....but could not hang on when others in the crowd also took a liking to it :smack:

We have tried to reach for 'Dirty Diamonds' necklesses, (always seem to go further back in the crowd), Billion Dollar notes (always seem to blow the wrong way) and plectrums (never got one near us), but no such luck at all.

At Excel last summer, at the end of the concert, we waited begging the stewards to dish up some of the debris, (notes etc) off the floor at the foot of the stage, they picked some up....but gave them to the ladies next to us. Eldest was really disappointed at this, so much so I had to take him to the 'T'shirt shop and buy him a set of Eric Singer signed drum sticks :angry: .

You had any better luck????????
...And personally, I don't care.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Re: Stage Props.....Caught any?

Post by Baz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Not personally, but folks around here seem to have everything he`s ever thrown into the crowd, ranging from those dirty diamonds to whips and beyond.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:43 pm

I have so far got a couple of canes (my son also has a cane), riding crop, eric Singers drum sticks,various bits of balloons & a very sticky large red lollipop (complete with Alice hair lol) from 98 when he sang unfinished sweet.
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:47 pm

I caught Alice's cold once.
Me = Winning

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:11 pm

>very sticky large red lollipop (complete with Alice hair lol) from 98 when he sang unfinished sweet.

That's interesting. I may have been the one who provided that item.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:16 pm

All these years Ravenred thought he had a lock of Alice`s hair, when all the time it was yours Andy.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 pm

I seem to recall starting a smiliar thread last year but it's buried in the depths of the forum, and I got an error while searching.

Anyway my answer is easy, look here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonlady ... 539296264/
Taken a year ago so it's missing the piece of balloon and two dollars I caught last year. Nice t-shirt ey?

My best item so far is one of the diamond necklaces. and one of Ryan's picks.

Like most of us I've been dreaming of catching the riding crop, no luck over the last 20 years. Maybe next week?

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:26 pm

Baz wrote:All these years Ravenred thought he had a lock of Alice`s hair, when all the time it was yours Andy.
Now that would be funny lol

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:27 pm

>All these years Ravenred thought he had a lock of Alice`s hair, when all the time it was yours Andy.

Don't worry Ravenred - Baz is joking.

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Like most of us I've been dreaming of catching the riding crop, no luck over the last 20 years. Maybe next week?[/quote]

Think i fought Sparky for this @ Bournemouth? Only finally getting it coz it was for Kai (just checked his bedroom & yes it's there)

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:53 pm

My husband grabbed a 'dirty diamonds' necklace, but sadly we shared it with someone else when it gave way!

Other than that, the only thing I have 'caught' - is Alice's monika on the stuff I took to the meet and greet a few years ago.
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Got the dollar bill, pick from jason hook, the set list from the show, ballon, and a piece of tape used to glue come cables on the stage that I tought was something else when the security man trew it... And keept it anyway 'cause anything from Alice is up to trowing away. Got also a pick from Michael Bruce that he gave me, got the set list used on the show signed by him and Bob Russel, and all of the lyrics to the songs that they used for reahearse that I asked the band and they gave to me after the show.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:56 pm

i've caught lots and lots of stuff over the years. and some stuff has caught me...... in the head.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:24 am

mattcoddington wrote:i've caught lots and lots of stuff over the years. and some stuff has caught me...... in the head.
Ryan Roxie flicked a red pick at me in '99 and caught me right above the eye.

Other than that, I've been fortunate enough to get...
Lighter used by Alice after he lit T-Bone Caradonna's cigarette (Trash tour). Over the last four years of tours... lots of picks, bills, necklaces galore from last tour, balloon pieces. I almost took home a cane last year if it wasn't for two other sinister lookin' fellas lookin' to fist fight for it (we caught it at the same time). Not worth getting arrested over, I assure you. I managed to also get a backstage guitar-change list last year in Lethbridge.

Haven't been lucky enough to get any Andy hair though. ;)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Post by zoogirl » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:50 am

Okay, lessee, a pick from Chuck, a cross from Jason, two dollars, a 3" chunk of "Diamonds", a piece of balloon, confetti and of course, the ultimate, my chicken feather.

I guess I'd better explain that one! Back in '77, during the tour for L&W, Alice had giant dancing, machine gun toting chickens onstage. Their feathers were made of stuffed orange and white fake fur and were a couple of feet long. One of them got ripped off and tossed straight to me! I've had it ever since.

I had the pleasure of showing it ot Alice and Brian at the Scrape Records CD signing back in September. Brian remembered everyone talking about the piece when I first mentioned it on the boards. I got a great quote from Alice -

"Hey! Did you know I married one of those chickens?!"
I'm too young to be this old!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 am

:rotfl: :rotfl: Good one!

I was really lucky with the diamond necklace. In Montreux in 2005 most of them had landed in the pit. And I begged the photographers, knowing they're not supposed to help. But one of them did! I am eternally greateful!

Otherwise everything gets tossed further back in the crowd which is ok with me, everyone has to get something. Most of the things I have I found after the concert on the floor. :alice:

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:56 pm

I've got plenty of dollar bills, wasn't too far off where the crutch went into the audience at MOR so I must've been stood nearish to you Dave! And don't get me started on the damn necklaces, so close and yet so far every bloody time. If only I were taller I'd have one lol. Or if the mean security woman would've handed it to me when it fell just short on the other side of the barrier in 07, instead of taking it backstage :angry:

Oh and I caught Alice's cold too haha.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Same here for the most part... a small fortune in "dollar bills", a few DD necklaces, pics from Roxie, Chuck, Jason and Keri, drumstick, a couple of canes (one from the Christmas Pudding show last year) and a riding crop. I didn't actually have to fight for the crop, or even catch it, since Alice was mega nice to me in Vegas last year and let me take it right outta his mouth...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d164/ ... ngcrop.jpg

NSP's head does rather get in the way but that's me in my white outfit. :laugh:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:47 pm

I knew you'd mention your crop....as you should. But also was pretty sure you'd mention my head! I didn't know what was going to happen and that Matt was snapping a shot! :laugh:

I, also, have lots of things like picks, balloon pieces, dirty diamonds (tho, I've NEVER caught one), drum sticks (from Eric and Jason), setlists, and my fave--a riding crop.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:00 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:NSP's head does rather get in the way but that's me in my white outfit. :laugh:
at least we get to see your nose and your eye.