Jason Hook Gone?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Jason Hook Gone?

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:21 am

Over at MetalSludge they're reporting that Jason Hook is replacing Darrell Roberts in Five Finger Death Punch.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.ph ... &Itemid=42

I can only imagine this means Alice will be looking for yet another new guitarist for the upcoming tour.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Jason Hook Gone?

Post by Si » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:28 am

Well spotted. I'll check into it.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:57 am

Good luck to him. I had a hunch he would be leaving this year to be honest. That said, Five Finger Death Punch have some POTENTIALLY good music but I think their singer/lyrics blow it. Just me.
Me = Winning

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:37 am

He didn't seem happy in the last posted interview and frankly seemed pretty bummed out when I spoke with him in Boston.

I know who I would like to see shave his beard and come back.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Guess we now know why Coop's not playing halftime today.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Not really. The band wasn't going to be there anyway.

Also, this is NOT confirmed yet afaik.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:47 pm

I got the impression from that interview with Jason the other day that he really wants to pursue music where he can contribute musically more than just being a hired gun. Plus the drummer in this new group is his buddy so I would bet that had something to do with it if the stories are true. I really enjoyed seeing him play live and he has some serious chops. Will be missed. The hired gun concept that Alice pursued with ACAS is the only fault I have with the cd. When I listen to it I seem to enjoy the songs with the band more than the stuff recorded with the producers. Anyway, who do you think would be a good fit if Alice does need a new guitarist ?? My vote would be for Gibby Clark. He is tight with Kerri and Eric and he has a real swagger in his playing. I think it would be a nice fit.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:07 pm

This is still a rumor...If it is true then someone let the cat out of the bag a bit early.

Anyway to answer Revinkevin's question, the only one I would like to see with Coop on the ACAS tour would be a gentleman who currently resides in Sweeden. I think the chemestry would be out of this world. :rock:
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:58 pm

I would love to see Ryan Roxie back too. It's just that the last atricle I saw on him seemed to indicate that Sweeden will be his home for a while and Alice's knack for long tours would make it difficult for him to be home with family which seems to be top priority now that he has a child.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Will be interesting to see what develops.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:10 am

sure hope so, never was a fan of Jason's style.

Keri on the other hand, is awesome!
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 pm

The more I think about this Coop should bring back Damon and Ryan to play with Keri and have 3 guitars like the old Skynyrd. With Coop's history it would be good to carry a spare tire, just in case, LOL!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Keri and Ryan would be killer. They've played in many bands together in the past. The chemistry is there.
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:02 am

Jumping Jack wrote:The more I think about this Coop should bring back Damon and Ryan to play with Keri and have 3 guitars like the old Skynyrd. With Coop's history it would be good to carry a spare tire, just in case, LOL!
Well....I have zero idea about Ryan's possiblities, but Damon's pretty invested in WF right now, far as I can tell!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:30 am

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jason is awesome, I hope he doesn't leave. I like his style he fits in with the band sooo well! But, if Ryan comes back i'll be okay with it.
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!..
check it out: www.uhfd.com

likeamonster
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by likeamonster » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Jason is cool!
What's about Ryan and Keri together?
Oh my god that would be freakin' awesome :D
:alice: He's back :alice:
The man behind the mask
And he's out of control

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Don't wish to be a party pooper but why would Ryan come back? And to really throw a spanner in the works, after Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter to name but two I am afraid Mr. Roxie doesn't come close .... why all the acclaim and adulation?

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:58 pm

Many fans, including myself, feel that Ryan really grew into and ended up owning the role that he was in and became a fan favorite. He became the face you expected to see with Alice along with Eric Singer. While not as huge, but maybe in the fans eyes it was something similar to Daltry/Townshend, Ozzy/Wydle, etc. On top of that, he was definitely a favorite backstage on a personal level with so many fans because of his personality and how accommodating he was to people. Not to mention, he was a hell of a player IMHO.

Combine that force with Keri Kelli and a blackhole will form from all the awesomeness like none other ;)
Me = Winning

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:08 am

(From http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=112843)

Los Angeles-based metal band FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH has confirmed that it has parted ways with guitarist Darrell Roberts and replaced him with Jason Hook.

The group said in a statement: "The rumors are true, only with less spins and no turbulence. Every band has its growing pains, and after 18 months in the trenches, relentless touring and living together, we all came to a conclusion that a change had to be made. It was a mutual agreement between the band and Darrell, and both parties wanted to handle this with class and as friends in our own time and on our own terms. However, the rumor mill seems to work faster than anyone thought... It was a swift and smooth transition and we all remain good friends. All clichés aside, we really wish him the best on his musical endeavors. As for us, Darrell joined the band after our debut album was already recorded, so the direction and sound of FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH obviously won't change a bit."

Jason has worked with many acts over the years, including ALICE COOPER, BULLETBOYS, STEPHEN PEARCY and VINCE NEIL. He also has a solo album out, called "Safety Dunce", which won the L.A. Music Award in 2005 for "Best Independent Instrumental Album." The CD saw Hook partnering with FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH drummer and co-producer Jeremy Spencer to make a collection of recordings that strayed from traditional guitar instrumental music.

Commented FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH guitarist Zoltan Bathory: "[Jason's] an unbelievable player, and a good friend of all of us, so we hope our fans will welcome him in the DEATH PUNCH crew."

He added, "We are pushing forward; the European tour is just a couple of weeks away. We're planning on more international tours in '09 and the release of our next record sometime this summer. We'd also like to use this opportunity to thank all of our fans for their dedication and their continuous support.... It's a rarity these days, but you guys are truly amazing and made this band a big success."

Video footage of Jason Hook rocking the axe for FPE-TV can be viewed below.

Darrell Roberts played guitar for W.A.S.P. for several years and took part in the "Neon God" recording and touring cycle. He was also a member of TUFF and he played the "James Hetfield" role in the popular late '90s West Coast METALLICA tribute band ALCHOLICA.

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH was cited as one of the breakout rock bands of 2008, with their debut album, "The Way of the Fist", selling more than a quarter of a million copies and producing three singles, including the new "Stranger Than Fiction". With the new track climbing the charts and more touring on the horizon, singer Ivan Moody told The Pulse of Radio that the stakes are getting higher for the band in 2009. "It's getting intimidating, yeah," he said. "It seems like the more people falling into us, the more weight is put on our shoulders, the higher the expectations, but you know, I've never been one to run away from that kind of thing. For me, if it takes a little bit more pressure to get us out there to more people, and to make the shows better, I'm all about it. Bring as much of the pressure as you can possibly manage."

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH's previous single, "Never Enough", was taken from an expanded edition of "The Way of the Fist" released late last year.

"The Way of the Fist" has sold 278,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The Canadian version of the CD, which was released on November 4, includes a live version of "The Devil's Own" and an acoustic version of "The Bleeding".
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks for the update RI.
While officially he hasn't left Alice's band, I really can't see how he can do both with Alice's long tours. FFDP are not the same thing as ESP, Union etc. as they are a relatively new band intent on touring and promoting their album for much of the year to make a name for themselves. I just can't see them waiting around for Jason to finish an Alice tour.

If he has gone then all the best Jason. Thanks for the last couple of years and I think we all wish you the best for the future.
You may think you're gone, but you can never quite escape the AC band hahahaha