Alice parodies "I'm Eighteen" on Stern (c. 1991?)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Alice parodies "I'm Eighteen" on Stern (c. 1991?)

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:36 pm

Someone posted this on the Nights forum, I had not heard this before or seen it mentioned (though some here probably had heard it, but others may be not!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAHhrUc0w_0
Me = Winning

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:03 am

I had never heard of that WYM.Thanks.

That was interesting.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:09 am

That was trippy. Thanks WYM!!!
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:13 am

alice has been on several times.

# Alice Cooper Visits. 08/13/1991. 8:10am
Howard had Alice Cooper come in a short time later. He said that he and Alice have the same hair and the same nose, they could be brothers. Alice said he was out to eat at a restaurant and this guy came up to him and giving him stuff for free. Then the guy told him ''I listen to your show every morning...'' Howard said he should go over to that restaurant and check it out.

Alice said he got Howard some metallic underwear so he gave that to him. Howard said he remembers seeing Alice for the first time at a concert. He talked about how cute his wife was and how he was flown in by helicopter. Howard was back stage and saw them bring Alice in all draped in towels so no one would look at him. He said it was unreal to see that happening, it was too cool. He said that Alice's wife was also in blankets. Alice didn't remember all of that, he said he doesn't remember 1978 to about 1982. Alice said he was throwing up blood every morning back in those days.

Alice said he was afraid to give up drinking alcohol back in those days and that's why he kept it going. He said he didn't want to know how Howard prepares for his show. Alice said that Howard's mother sure came on strong. Howard said that she doesn't put it on for the radio either. She lectures him on everything.

Howard talked about doing his transcendental meditation and that led to Alice talking about that relaxation tape he played earlier. Howard played a little more of that for him. Alice talked about the concerts that he's doing and some of the crazy stuff they do during the show. Howard said he likes the theatrics that they do in his shows. He said he used to be able to get his mother out of the house by playing Alice's music. He said that his mother would listen to a lot of the music he listened to, but not Alice's.

Howard asked Alice about his wife and found out that Alice married her when she was only 17. Howard asked why he married her out of everyone he had been with. Alice said that she was ''the one'' and he just knew it. He said he's never cheated on her in all the years they had been married. Howard spent some time talking to him about her and then had to take a break.

# More With Alice Cooper. 08/13/1991. 8:25am
After the break Howard said that Alice was asking him what kind of music he's listening to at home. He wasn't quite sure how to answer that. He said he was listening to Sinead O'Conner's first album. Then he played a song that he liked, Joe Piscopo's ''Kimberly'' song. Alice said that's a very romantic thing to do. Alice was asking Howard about some woman who was on the show recently. Howard said he was probably talking about Busty Dusty who had some big cans. Howard asked Alice how big his wife's boobs were. Alice wasn't sure.

Howard asked Alice how he met his wife. He said she was actually in his show and played a part. Howard asked about her parents letting her participate in something like that. Alice said she didn't know who he was at the time. She was into him though and she was very different than the other women he knew.

Howard said he would like to listen to some of Alice's new album. He talked to Alice about his hair and said he was thinking of letting his grow out a bit. He also talked to him about tattoos and how he was afraid to get one because he could get AIDS. He said that he'd probably let Dee Snider help him pick out something since he seems to know what's cool.

Alice said he's had people tattoo his face on their body and he thinks that's crazy because they're going to have that on them for the rest of their lives. He thinks that's quite a commitment to get something like that done.

Howard wanted to get to the song parody that they were going to perform but Fred was nowhere to be found. He was also told that they hadn't made copies of the lyrics since Jackie was waiting for his okay. Alice didn't know how the song went so Howard reminded him that it was to his song ''Eighteen.'' Fred came back and started playing guitar for the song and Alice seemed to be impressed with his playing. Alice then sang the lyrics that the guys had written for him. The song was about Jeffrey Dahmer.

Alice asked Howard who wrote the song. Howard told him it was Fred and Jackie, the two deviants, who had done that. Howard then got into some of Alice's new album. He played a little bit of ''Hey Stupid'' and then checked out a little bit of ''Feed My Frankenstein.'' Howard then told Alice he was going to call the PMRC and report him for writing satanic songs. The call didn't work out so well though. The woman who picked up just hung up on Howard when she heard who it was.

Howard asked Alice if he wanted to stick around during Robin's news. He ended up talking about how wild Howard's mother sounded when she called in earlier. They spent a short time talking about that call. Howard asked Robin to start her news after that. Robin read through some news stories and got Howard and Alice talking about President Bush for a short time. Howard was also asking Alice if he stays regular by drinking coffee after Robin mentioned something about that in a news story. Alice said that he's the most regular person he knows.

Howard gave Alice credit for some stuff he's given to the rock and roll world as far as the theatrics he does on stage and the type of music he does. Howard spent a few more minutes with Alice and then wrapped up the interview and let him go and went to break.

# Howard's Tirade And Robin's News. 08/13/1991. 9:00am
After the break Howard said he had just reamed out Jackie and Fred because they didn't make copies of the lyrics. They had left out a whole chorus and stuff too. Howard said Fred could have said something to Alice when he left out the chorus. Fred said he didn't have a copy of the lyrics. Fred said that he had passed the lyrics over to Jackie and Jackie said he was waiting for Howard to give the okay on them.

Howard went off on everyone but Fred and Jackie tried to defend themselves. Howard said the moment was gone because Alice is now gone. He said Gary could have done something too but he didn't tell them they had the guy coming in until this morning.

Gary said he told them last week that Alice was coming in. Jackie said that's true, they did know he was coming in. Howard kicked Gary out of there, calling him a Big Toothed Bastard. Howard said it was nice that they had a cool guy in there like Alice Cooper and Fred is in the bathroom peeing when they're trying to start the song parody. Howard continued to go off on everyone about the song parody. He was complaining about Fred disappearing in the bathroom so Fred asked him if he wanted him to leave. Howard said that would be fine but then had Robin get back to her news without getting rid of Fred.

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:39 am

That was really interesting (both the first and Matt's)....not sure it was my favorite.... I think the only day that I really liked Stern was on 9/11: he was the only one able to keep it live and real that day (oddly enough).

Aside from that: Alice is quick witted undoubtably, but Stern just keeps 'beating dead horses'....(so your wife, your wife, your wife..her breasts...how'd you meet?..etc....) - "pig angle"....

I'd love to see Alice on Chelsea Lately..

Nice one, though.

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:32 am

Wow! What an extensive piece of typing Matt.; bilmey! (oh, and thanks very much!).

I have not seen the clip yet, - Youtube is not accessible from work pc - so thanks in advance of seeing it when I get home WYM.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

Wicked Little Lady
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Wicked Little Lady » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:30 pm

I am glad that Matt gave a little more information regarding the origin of the lyrics to the parody. When I first heard it, I assumed that Alice himself had either written them for shock value or just "winged it" blurting out anything that came to mind at the moment. I giggled and was enthused, assuming Alice had made his own "SickThings Sings" but was somewhat surprised because I thought the subject matter was somewhat sicker than usual for Alice. (Why??--Im not sure. There were quite a few Jeffrey Dahmer jokes flying around his his hey day.)

I know, I know--that is what Stern does. If ya dont like that kind of stuff, turn him off--nobody is forcing anyone to listen. I am glad it was made public that Alice did not make those lyrics up himself. I am wondering, in order to further conversation, if there were any repercussions or comments made later on regarding the parody being offensive to some; i.e. friends and family of Dahmer victims or Dahmer himself.

Thanks for posting the link WYM and the extra input Matt--both were interresting and much enjoyed. :clap:
Worship the ground you walk on

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks for that Matt. :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks for that WYN, and thanks Matt, good read.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:50 pm

for all you trivia fans out there - that was the second time alice has sung a parody on stern's show. also, alice performed i'm 18 (the real version) on another occasion.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:56 pm

glad i was able to add to the topic, but i didn't write that synopsis. i found it on a howard stern archive site that i visit regularly. a few interesting facts:

howard brings up alice and 'his wife' being wrapped in a carpet, at least once a year.

alice cooper is mentioned on the show many times a year (for different reasons.)

comedian artie lange is a big alice cooper fan.

a poster of maurice escargot can be seen in howard's movie 'private parts.'

some of howard's guests have said that he looks like alice cooper.

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:59 pm

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Wow...that was real.........bad.
Thanks for the link WYM.
I dont like H.S. He is a big mouth. But to each , his own. ;)
Thanks for the good read Matt. :laugh:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:49 pm

Has anyone ever heard Alice's parody on Stairway To Heaven?
'Stairway To Heatherton' really funny.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:55 pm

steven_crayn wrote:Has anyone ever heard Alice's parody on Stairway To Heaven?
:rotfl: Oh my.....I bet that is really funny......can we hear it somewhere?

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:26 am

daytripper63 wrote:
:rotfl: Oh my.....I bet that is really funny......can we hear it somewhere?
I'll have to dig it out and put it online when I get a moment
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:18 pm

of course. that is why i mentioned it. it was a duet with alice and howard. from alice's first appearance in oct of 86, i believe.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Any reason why Alice hasn't been on his program in so long? Not on Alice's or Howard's to-do list anymore?
Me = Winning

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:29 pm

howard doesn't deem alice as being 'important' enough to be on the show. i concur.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:37 pm

mattcoddington wrote:howard doesn't deem alice as being 'important' enough to be on the show. i concur.
Why? Let's not forget that Howard has had some real D-list "celebrities" on his show.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:20 pm

true, howard does have on d-list, but ask yourself - why? they are all people who are either friends of the show, or they are controversial. alice has a been on the show a few times, but he's not considered a 'show regular,' and he's not really controversial anymore. there is no valid reason to have alice on at this point.