For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Vancouver Show & Pictures

Post by Nev » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Heres some pictures from the Vancouver show and signing.
What a show. That man has energy like no other.
It was my wifes first time seeing him and she went nuts.
I brought my severed Alice head and raised it durring I love the dead which is gonna be my new tradition! haha Chuck loved it. Meeting Alice backstage was good as well and ill post our pics up with him later. One thing I have to say about the meet and greet is that although I met Alice it wasnt all I thought it would be. It lasted maybe 20-30 min. It wasnt a personal meet and greet, it was a big circle of 7 people (no biggy, just hoped to talk one on one). I didnt get a tour of the stage etc like I was told. And the dumbest part I think was Even though there was only 7 of us VIPs, we all got 3rd row. So we paid $500 for our seats, but didnt get row 1. I think it should go with out saying that VIPs get row 1. Anyways, over all a great time and I cant wait to see him for the ACAS tour.
Heres some pics from the other night. (for those who went before and just see the signing pictures, try a hard refresh) Lemme know what ya think or comment on them in the comment area!
http://uitdenbosch.smugmug.com/gallery/ ... 4848_5Kgvz
-=Remember the Coop=-

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:42 pm

30 mins is extremely generous.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:49 pm

I have to say I agree... 30 minutes for 7 people is good going. We probably had that long in Brighton and there was about 20 or so people. Certainly not so good that you didn't get the "tour" of the stage as advertised - I'd pull Fanfire up on that, personally.

Disappointing also re: your seating. An American friend of mine who bought a platinum package for the UK and flew over here in 2005 ended up with row 7 at Wembley. This was first time round when the package "guaranteed" 1st or 2nd row seats to Platinum Package holders. I believe Fanfire changed the description of the package following a few similar complaints to read "guaranteed first ten rows". Not sure if this was the case with the Canadian packages this year though. She had to to and fro with Fanfire for around six months before they would give in and let her have a partial refund as they had not delivered what they promised.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Nev, we were in the same situation with our meet and greet in 2005. There was maybe twelve of us surrounding Alice 's table and each of us got to go up and spend a few minutes getting our stuff signed, pic taken and a chance to ask maybe one or two questions. It was no longer or shorter than I expected. :)

Most of us lucked out and got seats in the first two rows. I ordered my package the second it was available on line so I got front row, nearly center. I think fanfire takes a few seats from row one, then a few more from row two (and so on...) as not to monopolize all the seats in the first row. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this practice, it just seems to be the way they did it. The venue could have had it's own presale so the first row may have been taken by the time you got your package. Not sure if this was the case though.

Too bad you didn't get the stage tour, Nev. We had to arrive early (around 5pm) to get the stage tour, then we waited outside/elsewhere until the doors opened for the general crowd.

I know there are lots of folks who thought they got a raw deal with fanfire on the last tour (and some did), but I was fortunate that mine went off without a hitch.

For what we got with the meet and greet (ticket, meeting Alice, getting some items signed, stage tour... etc) it was well worth the price.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:30 pm

Cool pics BTW Nev. :8):

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Nice Pictures Nev. Thanks for sharing :clap:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Great pictures Nev. Thank you.
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:58 pm

They're brilliant photo's, very good quality! I like that smugmug site too. Quite refreshing.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:20 pm

Awesome pics, thanks Nev.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:42 pm

Those are really great pics Nev.Your son must have been thrilled at the B$B album.

I still haven't gotten the chance to meet that man myself....Oh well, I'm sure the day will come.

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:38 am

Well I had originally bought 2 tickets 3ed row and then about 3 days later it was announced that they were selling the meet and greet so I bought them that day. So I guess thats why they were out of row 1 and 2. Still, 3 was good.

Yeah Im ok with the time, I was just thinking that it was gonna be one on one durring the meet. That and the backstage. Ill call Fanfire I guess but I doubt I'll get any refund of any sort.
Never the less, it was a blast and it was the last thing I did with my wife (who had the time of her life) before we moved out to Ontario. We both got on the plane with our Cooper shirts. We wore them proud. heheh

Oh and thanks for the comments on the pics. I love them. I was happy to get in with my camera.
-=Remember the Coop=-

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:04 am

Nev wrote:Ill call Fanfire I guess but I doubt I'll get any refund of any sort.
Keep on 'em. If it was stated in the package I'd definitely follow up.

Glad you and your wife had fun though. :clap:

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:11 am

Loved the new shirt he's wearing, and you got really great pictures! Just noticed his belt, was it always like that? Never noticed it was a skull with make-up...
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:54 am

Excellent photos, thanks for sharing!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:00 am

Marcelocooper wrote:Loved the new shirt he's wearing, and you got really great pictures! Just noticed his belt, was it always like that? Never noticed it was a skull with make-up...
Yeah...that belt has been that way since the Dirty Diamonds tour (not sure about farther back). Wanted to see if I remembered right, so I checked some of the photos here on STUK, and even in 2005 on the DD tour...it's a skull with make up. :8):
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:09 am

It was that way for Bare Bones too. I belive hemight have started wearing it during Dragontown.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:03 pm

yes.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:43 pm

Oh, thanks! Never noticed it before, don't know why... I think I deserve the :guillotine: for that!
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

biker
Trash
Trash

Post by biker » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:46 pm

Very nice pics, Nev. Alice still looks pretty darn good without the makeup! I'm impressed.

Mike :8):
Old fan from when Alice was a very young man!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: Vancouver Show & Pictures

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:33 pm

Nev wrote:So we paid $500 for our seats, but didnt get row 1. I think it should go with out saying that VIPs get row 1.
Not always the case and never guaranteed (and may not always be possible either I'm assuming.) In fact, on AliceCooper.com it says:

"One reserved seat located within the first 10 rows of the stage."

3rd Row is still 3rd Row. Some people never even get that outright. Otherwise, glad to hear you had a good time.

Hope to hear what FanFire says, though you should check your terms of agreement aka "The Fine Print" just to make sure (assuming they made you sign one or you were emailed one.) I remember hearing when they did it a few years ago there was some stuff in it and it may say that they have the right to revoke a certain part of the experience or all of it with or without a refund. You should double check though to make sure.
Me = Winning