Could ACAS go Gold?

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:06 pm

It would be nice and I would love to see it.. but the way things are now days it prob won't happen. It would be nice though to see it sell better (as well as chart better) than the last 4 BP, DT, Eyes, DD . That would be cool and at least show things going in a better direction sales wise.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:38 pm

I think it could chart in the Billboard Top 100....it would be nice if it did outsell the several Cd's,but with nothing being played on radio according to WYM,then u can't expect the world.At least there seems to be more promotion as opposed to recent releases..........btw..what website shows Alice's radio play??
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:17 pm

A gold record would be hard to do with out radio play and Alice is in a hard place for that. Classic rock stations rarely play anything new from a artist and modern radio rarley plays anything from someone from the 70's. But then again most radio stations suck and are pretty ball less. They need a programer and demographics to tell them what to do. Still, there has been some very good promotion with this disc and there seems to be a buzz and some momentum with ACAS. That may bring out the curious and if they go to see him in concert, well Alice will slay them and they will be fans for life. I would think ACAS will out sell Dirty Diamonds and BB. Maybe even 100,000 units, which would be great.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:24 pm

Shockrock: www.yes.com
Me = Winning

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:55 pm

You still on air the WYM ?
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:09 pm

Thx for the website,btw,great job on the Alice site!!.it sure needed an overhaul!........your right revinkevin a 100,000 might be obtainable,but if ACAS was on Sony,we would be looking at a hit i do believe.,oh well as long as hes still putting out decent material,who cares!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:20 pm

shock rock wrote:Thx for the website,btw,great job on the Alice site!!.it sure needed an overhaul!........
Thanks but credit goes to Piggy D for the design and Gabrielle for her brilliant photos featured throughout the site. Only thing of mine that made it through was the discography. I couldn't have done it better myself.
Me = Winning

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:50 pm

Good stuff, WYM. :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Stuart
Trash
Trash

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Does anyone know how many copies DD and the Eyes sold? It'll be interesting to compare the numbers ina yer or two, will the publicity pay off.

IMHO, for a rock album to sell a lot Alice will have to get a hold of young people, if teens buy the album then it'll mean numbers shifting.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:22 pm

The last update that came last year or two years ago had them both around the 30,000 mark, which I'm sure has changed since then.
Me = Winning

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Some of you keep saying that ACAS is getting great publicity. But until the general public has heard of ACAS, I would argue that the great publicity you keep referring to is just an exaggeration.

When huge bands on big labels with great hype surrounding their albums have difficulty achieving gold albums nowadays, it is really not very realistic to speculate that ACAS is going to go gold, in my honest opinion.

Hobo in the Snow
Trash
Trash

Post by Hobo in the Snow » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:23 pm

This ones going gold folks..... Not only is it the best album in years, there is a wave of interest in classic acts, Whitesnake, Def Lep, Motley Crue, Journey, have all had their best album sales in years this summer, people are buying good stuff. happy days are here again...

When it goes gold, I'll crack open a bottle of champagne in celebration with you all online some night (or if Alice would prefer, a case of diet coke :) )

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:00 pm

[quote="glamprincess"]Some of you keep saying that ACAS is getting great publicity. But until the general public has heard of ACAS, I would argue that the great publicity you keep referring to is just an exaggeration.

I totally agree.

A lot of the publicity is in places where Coop fans hang out anyway, AliceCooper.com, Alice Cooper MySpace, Alice Cooper YouTube, etc.
Admttedly, there is some good stuff in Classic Rock, but a lot of it seems to be preaching to the converted.
Whilst it may look good, is a pinball game gunna make somebody go buy the album.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 pm

I just checked Yes.com.and a still don't see anything from ACAS played with a week to release!...........so can no airplay equate to a gold album?

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:56 am

It seams to me that Horror Flicks are on the rise in Theaters.
That should draw in some New Meat ! All teens love Horror...maybe this album will touch all Horror fans. :laugh: I have high hopes for the album. And I really like it. Maybe this is Alice's big year. :alice:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 am

Hobo in the Snow wrote:Whitesnake,
Sold 20,000 copies before being off the Billboard Top 200 in a matter of two or three weeks.
Def Lep
153,000 before dropping off the Top 200
Motley Crue,
169,000 as of today.
Journey
Probably the closest to going gold at 336,000 after a month and a half.
have all had their best album sales in years this summer, people are buying good stuff. happy days are here again...
Really? That's not saying too much if that's true.
Me = Winning

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:35 am

336,000 after a month and a half? That isn't bad. Many records don't go gold or platinum for years after the release. Give it time.

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:13 pm

I think it will do a lot better than the last 2, but not sure about GOLD material.
I hope so.
-=Remember the Coop=-

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:42 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:Many records don't go gold or platinum for years after the release.
Or at all, especially anymore.
Me = Winning

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:15 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:336,000 after a month and a half? That isn't bad. Many records don't go gold or platinum for years after the release. Give it time.
Are you comparing this release to the Journey "Revelation" release? Really??

The Journey release is a CD with new songs.... along with a second CD with re-recorded greatest hits... and also a DVD of a recently recorded concert.

This also had an exlusive distribution deal with Walmart which garnered them additional advertising and promotion.

They also had a 10 minute feature on the CBS Sunday Morning program talking about their new Steve Perry clone lead singer and new album.

You're not honestly comparing the Alice sitatuion to that because they are as different as night and day for the product, distribution and promotion.

And that album STILL hasn't gone gold.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."