For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

UK Ticket Sales

Post by del » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:49 am

Am I wrong or are we heading for a sellout UK tour? Certainly looks to be the case for 5 of the gigs in the next couple of weeks. Number 6 isn't too far behind and 7 (Leeds) is lagging but making good progress.

When was the last time that happened?

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: UK Ticket Sales

Post by del » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 am

Cardiff sold out. Birmingham and London with only a few tickets left. Aberdeen and Brighton slightly behind.

Clearly proving that with or without the original band Alice is still pulling a very healthy crowd in the UK.

In Europe even the rock meets classic dates next year look to be selling really well. Not my cup of tea but really good to see in my book.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 am

good to see, maybe the fact there's so few dates helps?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Just checked the O2 London site and there seems to be quite a lot of unsold seats, even in A1 and A3, I have bought A2 row C seat 37!
With all the fees the ticket was £65.25. so it might be worth checking out if you still need tickets!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:58 pm

The best tickets for the 02 show did NOT go on sale when the show pre-sales etc happened.
The front three blocks (A1-A3 rows 2 to around row 22) and the lower seats on the sides actually went on sale mid-May.... months AFTER most big fans had already rushed to buy tickets and got poor seats, logically thinking the best tickets had already been sold and having to take a choice of what was left.

They hadn't been sold. They never went on sale until mid-May. It seems to have been done by promoter AEG/02, presumably to sell more tickets. It had NOTHING to do with AC management.

Casual fans, ie the ones who aren't jumping on pre-sales etc, are far more likely to buy a seat if they see really good ones for face value when they happen to look, while the hardcore fans will grab whatever they can get as soon as they go on sale. Therefore the biggest fans get terrible seats, or are forced to pay premium prices to get something good, or even just buy a second ticket later and try and dump the original one.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:45 pm

KeithGale wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm
Just checked the O2 London site and there seems to be quite a lot of unsold seats, even in A1 and A3, I have bought A2 row C seat 37!
With all the fees the ticket was £65.25. so it might be worth checking out if you still need tickets!
Unfortunately now that you've unearthed the Promoters nefarious plan to hold back seats they figure they can sell anytime :8): they'll change the scheme again & again! Their goal is to fill the Hall by any means necessary. If that means some fans eat their tickets for an upgrade that still means the seat was sold! :teach:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:46 am

Si wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:58 pm
The best tickets for the 02 show did NOT go on sale when the show pre-sales etc happened.
The front three blocks (A1-A3 rows 2 to around row 22) and the lower seats on the sides actually went on sale mid-May.... months AFTER most big fans had already rushed to buy tickets and got poor seats, logically thinking the best tickets had already been sold and having to take a choice of what was left.

They hadn't been sold. They never went on sale until mid-May. It seems to have been done by promoter AEG/02, presumably to sell more tickets. It had NOTHING to do with AC management.

Casual fans, ie the ones who aren't jumping on pre-sales etc, are far more likely to buy a seat if they see really good ones for face value when they happen to look, while the hardcore fans will grab whatever they can get as soon as they go on sale. Therefore the biggest fans get terrible seats, or are forced to pay premium prices to get something good, or even just buy a second ticket later and try and dump the original one.
didn't this happen previously - several previouslies, probably? Sure one of the AC team had been made aware of it and tried to help out, unless i'm mixing up issues, which is quite possible, given my age :-D I do know for a fact I tried to get presales last time, never happened cos the 'ing system wouldn't let me buy a single ticket, then after the tickets went on general sale I got a better seat than anything that had been left on the presale seating plan.

whatever, it's a ****ty trick to pull, and one more reason why a little sparkle's gone out of live events.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:09 am

Wish it was old school, seats for the older patrons/casual fans and the floor for standing and the hardcore who can stand outside waiting in line to get to the front. That way the fans/dedicated get to the front no extra cost involved.......but then you cannot sell premium VIP ticket packages advertising front row tickets....
I hate it, seats are a disaster for exciting rock concerts.