For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

MEET AND GREETS

Post by GAZZ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Iv meet Alice a few times in the 80s 90s and early 2000s in hotels and at the back of venues but this time round I was thinking of doing a meet and greet .Iv already got good tickets for 2 of the UK gigs but was going to add a 3rd as a meet and greet but I seen someone say on here on another post awhile back that allice’s meet and greets have changed from what they were a few years back ( like in the video’s on YouTube pre 2017 ) where he sits and chats and signs 4 or 5 items for each person plus a few pictures with them . What id like to know is how have they changed iv noticed no recent video’s have gone up on YouTube so I guess they have stopped people from taping meet and greets but what else has changed if anything . if they have made them like the kiss and def leppard ones where you get 30 seconds for a photo and that’s it I wont bother but if there not much different from his old meet and greets il do one this time round . so if anyone’s done one recently any info will be appreciated

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Re: MEET AND GREETS

Post by Sparticus » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm

I’m doing my second one this summer. I did one in the Spring of 2018 as well.

The one I did in 2018 was a full room of 20-25 people. So it was moving a little bit quicker than some of the smaller ones would. I know from the same tour there were shows with only 6-10 people where you got to spend a little bit more time with him.

That being said, I still got 4 minutes or so. Alice drew a tattoo for me on my shoulder, signed a dollar bill and my custom-made green B$B wallet, which we talked about for a few minutes because it is so unique (then a few weeks later the Alice Cooper shop coincidentally started selling black ones :evil: )

It was a once in a lifetime deal and worth the money. I got a front row center seat and caught the Halo of Flies wand that Alice tossed only because it was the last show of the leg, which is a really rare piece. So it was worth it for me.

NOW, why would I do it again?
Honestly, I’m not sure it’s worth the money to do it again. However, all of my tattoos are in the handwriting of important people in my life and there’s another one I want from Alice... so I’m ponying up for the second go-round for that reason.

If you can afford it, and you want to spend a couple minutes with him, go for it.

Otherwise, there are a lot of people who have been meeting him at comic cons here in the states and that’s a more affordable option if you get one in your area.

I can’t speak for how they’ve “changed” over the last few years, other than price... I know in the Dirty Diamonds era when I first started following Alice it was < $500USD. Of course, from what I’ve seen and the amount of time you get, Alice’s M&Gs are still a great value compared to the rest of the market.
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

Post by GAZZ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:51 am

Thanks Sparticus think i will do the meet and greet this time .

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:47 pm

For comparison, Queen + Adam Lambert are charging roughly $3,000 USD for a front row ticket and picture on a red carpet (don’t get to meet the band).
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:07 pm

It's perfectly OK to pay whatever it cost for a Meet and Greet event, if this is what you want. But, what I find very strange, is when people say that they can't afford to pay for that, because of their obligations, etc..., and first thing you see, is their pictures on instagram, with their favorites Rock Star, and they even claim that, the Rock Star in question, is their friend.... Like, completely delusional.... :bam:

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Does anyone know if M&G people will get early access to the standing Brighton show? The AEG website says they get a 'P1 General Admission Concert Ticket' whatever that is.

I'm planning on queuing up early like I usually do for general admission shows, but it would be good to know if it will be worth it in advance.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 pm

You should get early access to Brighton, because they are still including the stage tour as part of the vip package and that happens before the show. They should send you info on where to meet up for that, closer to the gig time.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:33 pm

And Gazz, the M &G does seem to have changed, but as far as I can see, it's only the price (which is now double, eeeek) and the fact that it now seems to sell out earlier.....can't work that one out....
I've done a few, so, any questions let me know😊
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:54 am

Thanks, I'm not doing VIP I just wanted to know if I had a chance of getting to the front after queuing up for hours ;)

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Sparticus wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:47 pm
For comparison, Queen + Adam Lambert are charging roughly $3,000 USD for a front row ticket and picture on a red carpet (don’t get to meet the band).
Probably for the best...Imagine paying $3,000 to meet a band that covers their own songs :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:41 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:54 am
Thanks, I'm not doing VIP I just wanted to know if I had a chance of getting to the front after queuing up for hours ;)
I don't know if it's any different in the UK, but the VIP packages here in the US for general admission shows make getting on the barrier pretty difficult nowadays.

In Columbus yesterday, I had access to the venue's early admission fan club line and was 6th through the gate (behind the VIP people)... and the entire barrier was pretty much taken. I think the first few people did end up technically on the barrier, but were so far off to the side that they probably weren't in front of the stage itself.

Once they added the cheaper stage tour VIP options, it made getting first row very unlikely at a general admission show.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:17 am

Thanks, yes it unfortunately sounds like a long shot now. Fair enough though, those castles don’t pay for themselves!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 am

I know some fans are willing to pay the cost (and fair play to anyone who would want to) but it seems allot of these M&G are taken up by casual fans with money to burn who want to boast on instagram of meeting/knowing a famous star. These people then take the front of a venue (even in standing events so i hear from the above!?!) and this kills any atmosphere in the gig.
I found what blackie lawless said something interesting on the act of meeting fans/M&G (and yes I know blackie is quite famous for being a difficult arse hole) But he said something akin to - you all know me, my lyrics my music my life but I know nothing about you, I don't know what to say to those people so why pretend - again paraphrasing but the point is the same. I always found that interesting and i can imagine it being a strange to possibly horrible experience.....
Still castles don't pay for themselves :)

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:56 pm

A couple of years ago I attended a show and an elderly couple (even older than Pitkin) was up front. At a GA show no less. They did the VIP and were asking me about the show before Alice went on. It was clear they bought the VIP because they could, not because they were fans. If they were Alice fans, they were in the most casual way possible, like they knew he's famous and wanted to see him.
They stood there like statues the entire show.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:32 am

"These people then take the front of a venue (even in standing events so i hear from the above!?!) and this kills any atmosphere in the gig."
bit of exaggeration there.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 am

killer wolf wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:32 am
"These people then take the front of a venue (even in standing events so i hear from the above!?!) and this kills any atmosphere in the gig."
bit of exaggeration there.
Maybe, but not without substance. Often been at shows and seen people in the front rows constantly leaving and returning during the show for beers or food, sitting and chatting, playing with their phones, only know Poison/SO etc. It kills the atmosphere for those around them.
But it's also a problem caused by seated shows in huge venues. Most if the Arenas in the UK are soulless sheds and making them seated makes the problem worse. I imagine the 02 will be dreadful in this regards. It 's not the performers fault, it's purely down to the situation.
You will never get an atmosphere like Hammersmith/Astoria or even the Ally Pally show (which was a big place but unseated) in a place like Wembley when there are seats at the front, many (not all) of which have gone to the high flyers wanting a selfie with a celebrity.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:43 pm

that's your opinion. I've been going to gigs since 1984 and 90%+ were seated, can't ever once recalling feeling the "atmosphere" was spoiled by it.
that food/beer thing is in no way only related to people in front rows, or to "high fliers", and that goes double for people and their phones.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 pm

The best concerts I ever attended were standing general admission shows.

The atmosphere between a seated show and a standing show is drastically different.

A seated show has half the crowd energy of a standing crowd.

Times have changed and concert goers are now more concerned with playing with their phones...as they sit...eating nachos and french fries...as they sit...watching the show through their viewfinder...as they sit. Where does leave time to have the energy to get into the performer?

They have conversations about kids soccer games. They talk about Alice and how great he is with their phones in the air filming him..instead of watching and enjoying the show.

I very rarely go to concerts anymore because of this. There is more energy at a funeral parlor than at most of today's concerts.

"Excuse me...i have to get out...i have to go get a beer and some cheesy nachos" all this while "Steven" is being performed.

The concert experience in 2019.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:03 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 pm
The best concerts I ever attended were standing general admission shows.

The atmosphere between a seated show and a standing show is drastically different.

A seated show has half the crowd energy of a standing crowd.

Times have changed and concert goers are now more concerned with playing with their phones...as they sit...eating nachos and french fries...as they sit...watching the show through their viewfinder...as they sit. Where does leave time to have the energy to get into the performer?

They have conversations about kids soccer games. They talk about Alice and how great he is with their phones in the air filming him..instead of watching and enjoying the show.

I very rarely go to concerts anymore because of this. There is more energy at a funeral parlor than at most of today's concerts.

"Excuse me...i have to get out...i have to go get a beer and some cheesy nachos" all this while "Steven" is being performed.

The concert experience in 2019.
And I am supposed to believe you won't be wandering off for a Fanta and a Polish dog during Bed of Nails?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Maybe one of those giant Primanti Bros sandwiches out in Pittsburgh!