Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:27 am

del wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 am
AliceFan wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:30 pm
del wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:54 am
Look at the tour dates for the year AliceFan.

Apart from a couple of weeks at the end of August the only real time available to rehearse a new show and setlist is in June when everyone is back from their own tours. On that basis it looks to me that any substantial change will start to be introduced from July.

I'm still not convinced about how much change there will actually be overall but I can't see it being introcuced during a two week period in August which will surely need to include a couple of days break and the travel across to Europe.
actually, del, they Alice'sband might be learning these new rarities songs for the upcoming tour currently while no one is touring at the moment, so they band have plenty of time to learn a new setlist before everyone goes on their own solo tours starting in April.
I was basically saying that I would be surprised if the planned changes (whatever they are) were made only for later in the year and that the US would miss out. You appear to be adding more evidence to that view.

Personally, I'm just happy to be having another tour to look forward to. Dreading the day that I don't..

As Padre says, enjoy the spring.
So in other words your saying that whatever the planned changes are in the setlist that for the US and later in the year in the UK/Europe that the setlists will be identical or slightly the same for the entire ol'blackeyesisback Tour? ? Correct, that's what I'm getting at from what you said.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:38 am

What I am saying is that the time to rehearse any major change to the show appears to be before the US dates.

iF I am right and IF there is a major change coming it would surely be a bit strange to rehearse it and then immediately go back to the old format until later in the year.

So, yes I think that IF a new show is coming it is PROBABLE, based on time that appears to be available to prepare it, that it will be ready for the US shows and is therefore LIKELY to be introduced from that point onwards.

There is no certainty here, just some thoughts.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:02 pm

Del, Actually there is definitely a new stage show coming i know this for sure cause Alice has officially confirmed it in every interview he's done and it was also announced on his official website along with the press release when the Tour with Halestorm was announced. You can't get anymore official than that through his official website. You know?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:58 am

Let's just wait & see, if the setlist changes so should the stage show.
But, all things considered w/o major revamping of the standard setlist past props
& senerio's will remain. If the songs change so will the show. :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:07 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:58 am
Let's just wait & see
Yes.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:43 am

Apparently on the radio show tonight Alice said that ‘Raped and Freezing’ will be returning to the set list!
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

marko10174
Trash
Trash

Post by marko10174 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:00 pm

I'm going to see Alice for the first ever time in Manchester this year, despite being a fan of his since Trash came out. I was eight years old at the time and completely obsessed with Trash and the follow up album Hey stoopid. I know there's going to be a change in the setlist, but honestly... I'd be absolutely gutted if he omitted Poison and feed my frankenstein. I'm actually really hoping he'll do a couple more songs off those albums this year, I'd love to hear house of fire or hey stoopid, and He's back, from Constrictor would be a dream come true. Does anyone know when the setlist will be released for this years shows?

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:06 pm

marko10174 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:00 pm
Does anyone know when the setlist will be released for this years shows?
When the first show happens.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:56 pm

marko10174 wrote:
but honestly... I'd be absolutely gutted if he omitted Poison and feed my frankenstein. I'm actually really hoping he'll do a couple more songs off those albums this year, I'd love to hear house of fire or hey stoopid, and He's back, from Constrictor would be a dream come true. Does anyone know when the setlist will be released for this years shows?
He won’t leave those out.

As for the other songs you’d like to hear, all 3 of those tunes have been played within the last few years, so there is a decent chance you might see them.
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:59 pm

marko10174 wrote:
I'm going to see Alice for the first ever time in Manchester this year, despite being a fan of his since Trash came out. I was eight years old at the time and completely obsessed with Trash and the follow up album Hey stoopid. I know there's going to be a change in the setlist, but honestly... I'd be absolutely gutted if he omitted Poison and feed my frankenstein. I'm actually really hoping he'll do a couple more songs off those albums this year, I'd love to hear house of fire or hey stoopid, and He's back, from Constrictor would be a dream come true. Does anyone know when the setlist will be released for this years shows?
As long as there is an Alice Cooper, Poison will be in the setlist. I don't think Feed My Frankenstein's going anywhere either - I mean, with that FrankenAlice prop, they just about have to play it.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Well i would think the FrankenAlice prop would be retired by now i mean its been used every tour since 2011 but if he must use it, substitute FMF with teenage Frankenstein...at least that way we get a song we haven't heard in years since the first leg of the Descent into Dragontown tour of 2001...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:12 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:08 pm
Well i would think the FrankenAlice prop would be retired by now
Someone mentioned to me that the VIP package no longer mentions a photo with the FrankenAlice... That could signify its gone from the new show.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:43 pm

That's great to hear that it's finally gone, I've seen it the past 5 Alice shows I went to and it's definitely run its course. Well Alice did say in an recent billboard interview that you,si, posted on the news section that the new show will have new staging, new production ,new props but keep in the regular props we know like guillotine etc.

marko10174
Trash
Trash

Post by marko10174 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:08 am

I'm not going to lie, if it has gone my heart has just sunk a little. I know he's been playing it since 2011, but this is my first time seeing him live, and that is one of my all time favourite AC songs, I've always wanted to hear it live. If he does omit it, I would hope it is replaced with something from the same album, or trash.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:31 am

Don't worry Alice will never stop playing feed my Frankenstein live, just the prop for it is gone ,cause it's a new stage show setup on this upcoming tour,hence the new tour name.

marko10174
Trash
Trash

Post by marko10174 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:53 pm

Oops, I've just realized I misinterpreted the previous posts. You guys were referring to the prop, not the song. Thank god lol.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:14 am

Sparticus wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:43 am
Apparently on the radio show tonight Alice said that ‘Raped and Freezing’ will be returning to the set list!

Will be great to hear this on the upcoming tour it's been quite a while since it was last played in 2007 on the Pyscho Circus Tour . Since I've never heard it before live, I have a feeling that this year's setlist will definitely be something to talk about. For sure. What other rarities would you all like to hear on this yearsupcoming tour?

marko10174
Trash
Trash

Post by marko10174 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:34 am

Little by little is quite possibly my favourite AC song, but I don't think he's ever played it live. I'd go nuts if he played Snakebite, the hurricane years or he's back.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:25 pm

I saw him do Unfinished Sweet in 78. The last time they played it was I believe 98/99 Tour. There's a lot of entertaining music in that song. So, AliceFan, that would be a fun one to hear again. I would enjoy Wish You Were Here.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:58 pm

For me i would be happy if any of the following made it:

Second Coming
Hallowed Be My Name
Reflected
Luney Tune
Raped and Freezin (seems to be confirmed)
Sick things
Headlines
Scarlet and sheba
Former lee warner
Anything from RYFAY but Especially Freedom, the trilogy, or prince of Darkness
Dangerous tonight
Might as well be on mars
Cold machines
Triggerman
Spirits rebellious
Zombie dance
Fireball