For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:20 am

Some video has surfaced of Alice taking a tumble at the show the other night. He carried on though so seems to have avoided injury thankfully.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:13 pm

Nothing spectaculair just a simple dive. But great to see how he continues the song.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Giant Baby likely made potty on the stage and Alice slipped in it.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:11 am

Re, folks not getting into the deep catalog stuff, all I can say is, Oh well. One of my favorite recent set lists from the last tour started with Brutal Planet, then some hits and then went through Grim Facts, Lost in America, Serious, Fallen in Love, and Woman of Mass Distraction. I loved it. We had some young fans around us who were totally rocking out at the start, having a blast, but clearly drifted out of the groove by Serious and wandered off to powder their noses. Or something.

They were back during Poison, totally into it again. Oh well. Maybe they know the catalog and just aren't into those eras. But maybe they don't know the whole catalog. Even good songs don't necessarily click with people the first time they hear them.

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:33 am

He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask) was added to the set in Berlin last night - it was Friday the 13th, of course!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am

Paris next Friday...can't wait.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Is he still doing Desperado???

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:49 pm

mestreech wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:13 pm
Is he still doing Desperado???
Only played at two shows and then dropped again. Could always come back of course.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Man behind the mask has been added!

It seemed like nothing was dropped.
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:34 am

what!?!?!??!? oh man if this is true i will lose my mind!

marko10174
Trash
Trash

Post by marko10174 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 am

I can't express how happy I am that He's back has been put in the setlist!!! please god I hope he keeps it in for my gig in Manchester on October 4th.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Any photos of the merch table popped up

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:16 am

Paris last night. Great crowd of over 5000 in a good venue and a fantastic atnosphere with most standing. I'm Back was a real hit but to be fair everything went well including My Stars was but Bed of Nails went down a storm, just behind Dead Babies, Poison and Schools Out.

Black Star Riders supported and did a great job of getting the crowd going. Can only hope the MC50 and Stranglers do half as well in the U.K.

ech
Trash
Trash

Post by ech » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 pm

del wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:16 am
Paris last night. Great crowd of over 5000 in a good venue and a fantastic atnosphere with most standing. I'm Back was a real hit but to be fair everything went well including My Stars was but Bed of Nails went down a storm, just behind Dead Babies, Poison and Schools Out.

Black Star Riders supported and did a great job of getting the crowd going. Can only hope the MC50 and Stranglers do half as well in the U.K.
The band that opened was called Black Stone Cherry. Black Star Riders are the Thin Lizzy offshoot with the guy from Almighty on vocals.

But everything else is spot on: killer show, a great crowd in a cool venue. Check out my pics and video here:

https://bit.ly/2kVfKJ9

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Absolutely right. I've mistakenly thought it was BSR since booking the tickets and telling my wife she was getting to see Scott Gorham for the first time in 30 yrs. Still getting it wrong with a hangover this morning... Still, a great show.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:23 am

Been to Alice in Brussels yesterday evening;
He's back is still in the show.
Guess the place was sold out, enthousiastic crowd. Raped and Freezing didn't get much reaction, coming right after the well (or better)know Bed of Nails. My Stars didn't seem to be known very well neither...
but as mentioned before, very good setlist and Alice as good as ever !
you really wouldn't understand..

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:09 pm

ech wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 pm
del wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:16 am

Black Star Riders are the Thin Lizzy offshoot with the guy from Almighty on vocals.
Ricky Warwick
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

snakebite91
Trash
Trash

Post by snakebite91 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Does anyone on here have the Gold VIP Package for Alice's Manchester UK show on the 4th October?

Reason I ask is because I have had an email from AXS a few weeks ago saying that it can no longer be honoured due to 'logistical issues'.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same email with regards to this as I haven't had any correspondence about it. They gave me 3 options in the email which I chose and sorted but had nothing back from them. I chased it up last week and they said they would have an answer by that Friday (20th) but again had nothing.

I'm just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me with regards to this as I feel that AXS are leaving it a bit late seeig as the concert is only over 1 week away!

Any help would be very much appreciated, as I'm starting to worry that my tickets won't be sent out in time for the gig.

Thanks,
Dan

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:11 pm

a week now after the gig in Brussels, I saw on youtube the version of the night before in Paris. Looking back now it's interesting to notice that you always miss something . for instance I didn"'t see the "baby" breaking through the wall, and yet .. it"s big enough :)
the reviews in the papers are mostly postive about the show.
you really wouldn't understand..

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:18 pm

To stand or not to stand that is the question? The last 2 times I have seen Alice was both seated. The first time as soon as the music started a Mexican wave effect pumped through the audience as everyone stood for the entire show. The second time, not so much. I think I may have a few drams then try and entice some standing in Aberdeen, if it does not catch on i guess i shall just sheepishly sit down again so not to ruin other folks night.