Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:44 am

guttertrash wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:09 pm
Poison is a well-written song compared to the majority of songs from that era, but even it is still lacking in musical integrity to me. I’d love to never have to hear it or the rest of the Trash again. Always bathroom break time when that comes around.

Interesting how people like to make all these over generalizations about generations liking or not liking eras. I’m not saying my comment sums up what people like either, but as a 37 year old and a bar manager who has seen a lot of different crowds come and go, the majority of people who play Alice Cooper on the jukebox generally play School’s Out, 18, No More Mr. Nice Guy. There are very few people younger than me that I have talked to about music that mention liking Motley Crue or Guns N’ Roses much less Ratt, Poison, Cinderella, or 80s or current Alice Cooper. Most rock fans I come across are into 70s music like The Stones, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin or bands that have that stripped down vibe like The Black Crowes, Tom Petty, Greta Van Fleet, Jack White (ugh).

I have not heard Poison played one time at the bar in over a decade. I wear Alice shirts at work often, and the majority of people who mention that song when I have conversations are between my age and 50.
Wow! Your bar has a Cd Jukebox? Or is it 45's? I thought it was all Corporate by now! But, since you have your own attire -I understand. :clap: I used to mess with the 45 jukebox at the bar I frequented because I found a 45 (by U2) that had 1 song on the B-Side that played at 33! :yawn: Sounded like "Alvin & The Chipmunk's! :rotfl: Most times the bar was so noisy that they didn't even reset. :bam: The older crowd had programmed Sinatra's "My Way" & "New York, New York" Ugh! I couldn't stand them then. But, I can appreciate those songs now, Bono changed that with an awards speech I heard. I think it was the Grammys.
P.S. I don't think I recall seeing AC or the ACG on that Jukebox. ::((:
Last edited by Daggers & Contracts on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:50 am

guttertrash wrote:
Poison is a well-written song compared to the majority of songs from that era, but even it is still lacking in musical integrity to me. I’d love to never have to hear it or the rest of the Trash again. Always bathroom break time when that comes around.

Interesting how people like to make all these over generalizations about generations liking or not liking eras. I’m not saying my comment sums up what people like either, but as a 37 year old and a bar manager who has seen a lot of different crowds come and go, the majority of people who play Alice Cooper on the jukebox generally play School’s Out, 18, No More Mr. Nice Guy. There are very few people younger than me that I have talked to about music that mention liking Motley Crue or Guns N’ Roses much less Ratt, Poison, Cinderella, or 80s or current Alice Cooper. Most rock fans I come across are into 70s music like The Stones, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin or bands that have that stripped down vibe like The Black Crowes, Tom Petty, Greta Van Fleet, Jack White (ugh).

I have not heard Poison played one time at the bar in over a decade. I wear Alice shirts at work often, and the majority of people who mention that song when I have conversations are between my age and 50. The casual younger person tends to know and like at least one of the three older songs that I mentioned. Poison is seen as coming from an era that is passé. The polished, overproduced music of the 80s became a dinosaur when the Seattle scene hit with it’s more back to basics approach, and it is seen across much of the world of music outside of the small percentage of corporate rock bands still in existence that the majority of bands and what many people are listening too have a more stripped down approach that hearkens back to the 60s and 70s which in turn creates more appeal of the earlier Alice catalog.

Again, not saying this is an end all, be all comment, but the overgeneralization of what people in their 20s and 30s likes is inaccurate. I’m sure there are many who do like that era, but it does not fit and pretty much ignores what has happened in the world of rock music and culture since 1991 which makes up a much larger population than just the realm of corporate rock which has become a minor blip on the radar at this point.
Great post. It made me think of my best friend's 22 year old nephew. I talk to him about music when he around and he loves Pink Floyd, Led Zep and other classic bands.

When it comes to Alice he loves the original band...and has almost no liking of anything after 1974.

The "kids" his age mock the hair metal bands and people who listen to them. They call them "Wingers". The funny thing is the kid wasn't even alive when hair metal was popular.

That's the kind of reputation it had earned. Kind of how my generation mocked disco.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:17 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:50 am

Great post. It made me think of my best friend's 22 year old nephew. I talk to him about music when he around and he loves Pink Floyd, Led Zep and other classic bands.

When it comes to Alice he loves the original band...and has almost no liking of anything after 1974.

The "kids" his age mock the hair metal bands and people who listen to them. They call them "Wingers". The funny thing is the kid wasn't even alive when hair metal was popular.

That's the kind of reputation it had earned. Kind of how my generation mocked disco.
I'll let you ride on that one mr. b.
That was my Era & yes, the Corporate "Winger" bands ruled the airwaves.
My Local FM stations managed to incorporate many local artists into their playlist but, they also had contests to find the "next big thing" & many stayed. Others disappeared... however, some managed to get out an album or 2 & I treasure those because they didn't get to the next level & just released what was tried & true with a club audience.
Do you want a list? Some are truly "Classic" no matter how you slice it.
I'm talking Wash./Balt. area bands.
PM me, the late 70's to the early 90's were when the "Big Money" were concentrating on the local scene.
But, if you do a little research Little Feat had a demo studio on a barge in Baltimore's "Inner Harbor". :bam:

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:38 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 pm
Dannorama wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:10 am
NotSoPerfect wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:57 pm

I was there, too! Hometown shows rock!!
Schweeeeet! Maybe you saw me? I was the bald guy in a black t-shirt.
Haha!

FWIW, I was on the barrier RIGHT in front of T's mic stand.
I was about 10 feet to your 7 o'clock. Close to the guy who had the little girl on his shoulders. See you next time!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:27 am

Dannorama wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:38 am
NotSoPerfect wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 pm
Dannorama wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:10 am

Schweeeeet! Maybe you saw me? I was the bald guy in a black t-shirt.
Haha!

FWIW, I was on the barrier RIGHT in front of T's mic stand.
I was about 10 feet to your 7 o'clock. Close to the guy who had the little girl on his shoulders. See you next time!
Ah, yes! I definitely did see the girl on dad's shoulders!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:52 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:44 am
guttertrash wrote:

I have not heard Poison played one time at the bar in over a decade. I wear Alice shirts at work often, and the majority of people who mention that song when I have conversations are between my age and 50.
Wow! Your bar has a Cd Jukebox? Or is it 45's? I thought it was all Corporate by now! But, since you have your own attire -I understand. :clap: I used to mess with the 45 jukebox at the bar I frequented because I found a 45 (by U2) that had 1 song on the B-Side that played at 33! :yawn: Sounded like "Alvin & The Chipmunk's! :rotfl: Most times the bar was so noisy that they didn't even reset. :bam: The older crowd had programmed Sinatra's "My Way" & "New York, New York" Ugh! I couldn't stand them then. But, I can appreciate those songs now, Bono changed that with an awards speech I heard. I think it was the Grammys.
P.S. I don't think I recall seeing AC or the ACG on that Jukebox. ::((:
As with most bars that I have been to in the past five years, we have the new digital Touchtunes jukebox. I hate it, so much music, and so little worth listening too.

Nonetheless, much of Alice’s catalog is on it. Sadly the Life and Crimes box set is all that represents anything from the blackout years or RYFAY, but all of Constrictor is on there at list... :/

Somebody earlier mentioned the more metal approach to songs, and I’d love to see it disappear, especially if we could get a keyboard and organ player back. Miss Zigzag during those early 2000s shows.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:50 am
guttertrash wrote:

I have not heard Poison played one time at the bar in over a decade. I wear Alice shirts at work often, and the majority of people who mention that song when I have conversations are between my age and 50. The casual younger person tends to know and like at least one of the three older songs that I mentioned. Poison is seen as coming from an era that is passé. The polished, overproduced music of the 80s became a dinosaur when the Seattle scene hit with it’s more back to basics approach, and it is seen across much of the world of music outside of the small percentage of corporate rock bands still in existence that the majority of bands and what many people are listening too have a more stripped down approach that hearkens back to the 60s and 70s which in turn creates more appeal of the earlier Alice catalog.

Again, not saying this is an end all, be all comment, but the overgeneralization of what people in their 20s and 30s likes is inaccurate. I’m sure there are many who do like that era, but it does not fit and pretty much ignores what has happened in the world of rock music and culture since 1991 which makes up a much larger population than just the realm of corporate rock which has become a minor blip on the radar at this point.

Suppose I was generalising (but certainly not overgeneralising) but nothing wrong with that as, as we all know, the general trend just now is away from rock in all its genres and generally speaking Classic Rock is not something the kids seek out as they have their own areas of musical interest.

I'm a fan since '72 and Killer, Schools Out and BDB are my three favourite albums with School's Out my favourite track as quite simply it changed my life. I love Poison as a song and because it absolutely put Alice back on the career rails and recharged the fan base. I love Bed of Nails as a song as well. There is a simplicity and an edge to it that just gets me.

Music has always been about generations and eras, I'd defy anyone to prove otherwise. That said there are always people who aren't part of the general trend but that's the minority. If it wasn't Classic Rock wouldn't be losing its audience year on year. Each generation has its own likes and as time moves on tastes change, fact.

I'd love to say that School's Out Eighteen or My Stars are more recognised by the younger music fans I meet but can't because over the last few years I have seldom come across anyone under 30 who is not a rock (any genre) fan and doesn't mention Poison as the only Alice song they know, if they know any. Usually because their dad was a rock fan in the 80's rather than the 70's.

Yes the Hair Metal years, probably more pop metal here in UK, were classic for two reasons:

1. It was a commercial peak of a couple of years where bands like Bon Jovi, Europe, Kiss, Alice, Guns and Roses and to a lesser extent Poison etc were everywhere. It brought a whole new audience into rock and I'm sure a lot of them broadened out into other genres.
2. It was the second major wave of glam in rock.

Of course it's a blip in the history of rock but so is Death Metal, Industrial Metal etc. Doesn't stop hem having a place in history and having their fans, no matter how others try and position their own preferences.

What people mock is pretty irrelevant to me. The mods mocked the rockers, the disco kids mocked rock, then rock mocked disco, punk mocked everybody and some of today's dance folk mock all forms of classic rock because it's their grandfathers music and has no relevance to them.

If you were a hair metal fan in your youth it will mean a lot to you and no amount of "my favourite music is better than yours" will change that. I'm fairly sure that without these folk the number of members on this site would be a lot smaller and the average a lot higher.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:46 pm

del wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 pm
If you were a hair metal fan in your youth it will mean a lot to you and no amount of "my favourite music is better than yours" will change that. I'm fairly sure that without these folk the number of members on this site would be a lot smaller and the average a lot higher.
Spot on.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:42 pm

I think there maybe a stark contrast between the UK and US. The experience that I have had over the years between bartending/managing a bar and being on tour here in the U.S. is that 80s rock music died a hard death in 1991 as witnessed by all of those bands trying to take a usually darker, less arena rock approach on their subsequent albums. This never truly recovered here. Besides Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, and Bon Jovi, the musicians of that era, have an extremely hard time playing shows for more than 500 people unless it is a festival, and even many of those are much smaller turnouts than most would imagine.

I play some 80s songs from time to time at the bar, but it is not a winner in the book of the kids here. EDM, hip-hop, Phish, Widespread Panic, The Grateful Dead, Little Feat, Led Zeppelin, The Stones, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, and bands that are trying to emulate those bands are the thing here for most of the kids I meet. The ones who know Alice know the Alice of the 70s here, because it is the era of classic rock that they predominantly listen too.

I’d be curious to here other people’s takes on what they see where they live, because I could see it as being very much a regional thing.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:32 am

Ironically the beloved metal era tune "Roses On White Lace" had Kip Winger and Kane Roberts as co-writers. Winger would go on to become the butt of many hair band jokes and Roberts may have done the same if he weren't such a parody of himself. Roberts was also one of the co-writers on that alleged "turd" "Bed of Nails".

The purist reaction to the "hair band" era is comical. Rock became commercial again and the record companies spent money on album production and image creation. Just like they did in the '70s with the ACG.

You may not like the Desmond Child trademark shouty choruses but production aside Trash and Hey Stupid are pretty much on par with Constrictor and Raise Your Foot and Yell.

I did see a newer clip of "My Stars" and it's definitely gotten better even though in that show (Peoria) one of the guitars keeps dropping out of the mix. The song is still cut in half but the transition to Devil's Food is much cleaner.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:31 am

guttertrash wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:42 pm
I think there maybe a stark contrast between the UK and US. The experience that I have had over the years between bartending/managing a bar and being on tour here in the U.S. is that 80s rock music died a hard death in 1991 as witnessed by all of those bands trying to take a usually darker, less arena rock approach on their subsequent albums. This never truly recovered here. Besides Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, and Bon Jovi, the musicians of that era, have an extremely hard time playing shows for more than 500 people unless it is a festival, and even many of those are much smaller turnouts than most would imagine.

I play some 80s songs from time to time at the bar, but it is not a winner in the book of the kids here. EDM, hip-hop, Phish, Widespread Panic, The Grateful Dead, Little Feat, Led Zeppelin, The Stones, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, and bands that are trying to emulate those bands are the thing here for most of the kids I meet. The ones who know Alice know the Alice of the 70s here, because it is the era of classic rock that they predominantly listen too.

I’d be curious to here other people’s takes on what they see where they live, because I could see it as being very much a regional thing.
Some of that is just the way of the world these days. The hair metal period was relatively brief in the big picture. As big as they may have been at the time, few of those bands had the longevity to expect to draw now in an age where multi-bills and festivals are common. In fact some of those acts are drawing just fine in those arrangements.

Keep in mind that the nostalgia wave that that carried '70s and early '80s culture back into fashion has not yet reached the late '80s and early '90s. In a few more years the teenagers of that era will begin hitting middle age and you may be surprised. Of course popular media will probably push back on that given the political incorrectness of a lot of those songs and their videos, but we'll see. I look forward to a New Century video interpretation of "Girls, Girls, Girls".

Part of the reason Alice can still do solo gigs in good sized venues is because he has worked hard to stay relevant and because of that he scored a minor hit 20 years after the band's original success. Fans (and the original band members too) should all be thankful for that.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:41 am

del wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 pm

(snip..)

What people mock is pretty irrelevant to me. The mods mocked the rockers, the disco kids mocked rock, then rock mocked disco, punk mocked everybody and some of today's dance folk mock all forms of classic rock because it's their grandfathers music and has no relevance to them.

Well put. For decades music has been a part of the ritual of growing up and it by definition as a generational experience cannot be the same as your mum's music was. Individuals will of course make their own choices.

I find this or that generation of pop being "better" than something else rather amusing, frankly, and I admit it does troll me to some bad responses on this forum from time to time. But it is all there is. There was an excellent cartoon in Finnish some time ago that I saw: There was this semi-regocnizable Finnish rock personality / journalist drawn musing about how young people only listen to shit music today and how their lives must be terrible and finally, how lucky he is himself, because he only likes good music.

Pop music has always been about popularity. At some time progressive rock was popular. It's still nothing like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA

At either rate we or at least most of us are fans of an artist whose career has spanned quite a few of eras timewise. He also has gone through several transformations music wise as long as we look into popular music close enough. Now that he has turned back into the glory years we can debate which of these eras were:
- best as a matter of taste
- most important
- most popular
- etc.

It is frustrating when someone thinks so highly of himself (or herself) that they deem themselves worthy of pulling the best card as an ultimate discussion closer.

But I digress. The new tour is awesome and full of the energy that to me is the soul of rock and roll, the castle is great, the theatrics on Roses on white lace are adorable etc. It is a positive - not a negative that Alice has such a vast catalog to pull from that not everyone can be pleased.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Maaki wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:41 am
But I digress. The new tour is awesome and full of the energy that to me is the soul of rock and roll, the castle is great, the theatrics on Roses on white lace are adorable etc. It is a positive - not a negative that Alice has such a vast catalog to pull from that not everyone can be pleased.
Quote of the day & back on Topic!
Good Job! :clap:

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 pm

There are several things I want to comment on so I am not going to quote everyone, but just my own two cents.

1) I love the hair bands and there is a good following for that. Take the syndicated show, Dee Snider's House of Hair. It has been around over 20 years and is on over 200 stations. There are a lot of bands out there for those of us say 40-55.
2) I don't mean for this to be an original group vs solo Alice argument, but I have always viewed the original band as just one era of Alice. Alice has been solo for almost 45 years. I have never understood how anyone could claim they are a fan of just one or two eras, yet claim to be an Alice fan. You don't have to like everything but if you haven't liked an album since say 1975 or bought anything in 45 years, then to me that isn't really a fan you just like a few select albums which is your business. I can honestly say I like it all, some more than others.
3) I love the more metal sound. This isn't 1972 anymore, it is 2019 and a harder edged sound has been the way it has been for decades now. To me, I only want keyboards used sparingly it softens the sound to me. The current band makes every song sound lethal. There is so much power in all of it, even the tired 70's songs. I know in the mid to late 80's when Kane Roberts and company joined the band, I absolutely loved how the old stuff sounded and for many years that was my favorite lineup, until the current band the last five years after Nita Strauss joined. Now this is my favorite lineup, simply often.
4) There is a place I like to go shoot pool every once and a while and they have one of those newer jukeboxes. There isn't a ton of hard rock played (a lot more rap and hip hop) but there are a few people come in and play hard rock and metal and Alice is played a lot when they are there (plus I will play some as well). The 70's stuff is rarely played except for School's Out, it is usually the more modern albums. The only 70's album there gets any play regularly is From the Inside.
5) The teenagers and people in the early 20's in my family have become Alice fans largely because they always heard me talking about and listening to Alice lol and I will tell you that most of them aren't into the 70's material. Their love usually starts with Constrictor and they like the heavier albums. They seem to really like Along Came a Spider as well. They would much rather hear Feed My Frankenstein than Eighteen. That is what everyone needs to remember. Not everyone has that same affection for the original band or early solo Alice. Some people jumped on board mid 80's or around the Trash album. I will tell you a lot of people love the Trash album including a lot of my family.
6) In terms of the original band. Obviously I like a lot of that stuff personally, but it is not the be all, end all for me. I like all the eras, every last one of them. The blackout era for example is one of my favorites. Anyway getting back to the original band, some great songs and material no doubt but I don't consider all of it classic. Love it To Death is my favorite original band album but there are four or five solo albums I like better. Muscle of Love is probably my least favorite album outside of Pretties For You. I only really like two songs on that album. I also think School's Out is kind of hit or miss. Half the album is brilliant, but half of it not so much. I also prefer Alice's live singing much more from 1986 to the present. He is so much more seasoned of a live singer.

Just my thoughts. I guess my longwinded point is let's remember Alice has a 50 plus year career going on there is so much great material and so many great band lineups and songs from every era. All of it is brilliant in its own way and for some Trash is just as important and significant as Love It To Death is.

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Since nobody has mentioned the Cleveland show yet, I'll throw in some stuff.

Went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for Alice Cooper fan day. To be fairly honest, past what was advertised, didn't really see anything too special. Missed the interview section (they were probably 15 minutes in and the viewing area was pretty crowded), so went straight to looking around the displays. Same old stuff as far as I could tell from the last time I was there 8 months ago or so. Didn't really see anything Alice Cooper related other than Alice's snake skin boots on display in a glass cabinet and the electric chair in the pinball room. I was hoping they'd have a little something extra on display this time. Maybe swap a display out in the wardrobe area with the mannequins for Alice or a guillotine with a fake head?

It was a pleasure to finally see most of AstroTurf! Got in right before "I'm Eighteen" started playing. Gotta say, the little animations between songs were a wonderful touch and helped tell the story. Can't wait till this comes out on DVD! Got a ticket souvenir too afterwards (was labeled 75/200 on the back) and a sticker. Since that run of the movie ended at 1:45 PM, I headed off to the outdoor stage to see Dennis Dunaway and Co. (Blue Coupe) play at 2:00.

Well... I don't know what I was expecting. They had a rotating mix of School of Rock students from both Philadelphia and Cleveland. The songs ranged from Dancing Queen to Midnight Moses to Ace's High. A general mix of everything. The band currently on stage left about 1:55 and then came back on at 2, looking a bit awkward. It was about 2:15-2:20 that Dennis and Co. showed up on stage, performed School's out and Don't Fear The Reaper before leaving the stage. During Reaper, a bunch of students hopped on stage with cow bells. I thought they'd play a couple more songs, but something is better than nothing.

The gift shop/store (Ran by F.Y.E.) had a fair amount of merch. Welcome To My Nightmare tour poster in the poster section. Several copies of Dennis's book displayed with vinal copies of Greatest Hits and Go To Hell. The CD section had a couple different albums, most surprisingly 2 copies of "Zipper Catch Skin" (labeled "Imported on the wrapping). They also had a new copy of the abridged School's Out box set (the one with 4 CDs), which I bought.
---------------

SPOILERS!!!

I won't review the whole show because it was very similar to Columbus last Saturday, but I will point out some differences. Alice came out with a Cleveland Indians baseball jersey during "Under My Wheels", which got a huge crowd pop!

During "Dead Babies", the giant baby didn't come out and attack Alice. The baby wound up coming out during School's Out. Same fashion, busting through the wall and seeming to have a good time instead of attacking Alice. The baby did mess with the band similar to how Franken Alice usually does though.

Dennis Dunaway also performed during School's Out, and he appeared to be having a wonderful time as well. Excellent show as usual, highly recommend getting tickets to see this tour if you haven't already!

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:07 pm

nrc wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:31 am
guttertrash wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Keep in mind that the nostalgia wave that that carried '70s and early '80s culture back into fashion has not yet reached the late '80s and early '90s. In a few more years the teenagers of that era will begin hitting middle age and you may be surprised. Of course popular media will probably push back on that given the political incorrectness of a lot of those songs and their videos, but we'll see. I look forward to a New Century video interpretation of "Girls, Girls, Girls".

Part of the reason Alice can still do solo gigs in good sized venues is because he has worked hard to stay relevant and because of that he scored a minor hit 20 years after the band's original success. Fans (and the original band members too) should all be thankful for that.
Good oist but one thing that is not accurate is the fact Alice had some post original band hits with some ballads in the mid to late 70's. Clones was a minor hit in 1980, but Poison was not a minor hit it was MAJOR hit. Internationally speaking when you combine the entire world, Poison is actually Alice's biggest song. Yes it was from the hair band era but it was a huge hit for Alice.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:33 am

cooperrocks wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:07 pm
Good oist but one thing that is not accurate is the fact Alice had some post original band hits with some ballads in the mid to late 70's. Clones was a minor hit in 1980, but Poison was not a minor hit it was MAJOR hit. Internationally speaking when you combine the entire world, Poison is actually Alice's biggest song. Yes it was from the hair band era but it was a huge hit for Alice.
I didn't say that he didn't have any other solo hits. In fact, those hit ballads etc are part of what I was referring to in him trying to stay relevant.

The point is that Poison appealed to its era and was a hit a decade after the last of those others. That's a big part of the reason Alice appeals across generations.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:09 am

jettrainfan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:49 pm
SPOILERS!!!

During "Dead Babies", the giant baby didn't come out and attack Alice. The baby wound up coming out during School's Out. Same fashion, busting through the wall and seeming to have a good time instead of attacking Alice. The baby did mess with the band similar to how Franken Alice usually does though.
Thanks for the info on that. I thought about trying to make a trip up for the day but schedules didn't permit.

So did they just have the baby-headed crew and nurse Sheryl come out to stop him from hacking up Betty?

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:08 pm

Is that Ryan with a Strato on Escape? I thought he was a Gibson man.

I can't wait to 10.10. I have tickets for me and my wife - who is not too much into Rock - but I am hoping to get a pair on the Deck that will go on sale later, which would probably go down better with her candy ass :D

EDIT: Some other songs as well. I try to resist the clips on youtube but I fail, repeatedly.

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:52 am

nrc wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:09 am
jettrainfan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:49 pm
SPOILERS!!!

Thanks for the info on that. I thought about trying to make a trip up for the day but schedules didn't permit.

So did they just have the baby-headed crew and nurse Sheryl come out to stop him from hacking up Betty?
Yep, baby heads and nurse were still there.