For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ech
Trash
Trash

Alice Cooper in L.A.

Post by ech » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 am

My fourth show on the Paranormal tour cycle took place in sunny Los Angeles, in the beautiful Greek Theatre. What a great venue.

Ace Frehley, the original guitarist from KISS, was the opening act. I hadn't seen the guy since the KISS reunion tour in 1996 but I had seen recent clips on YouTube and I was expecting a disaster. It wasn't quite the embarrassment it could have been, thanks to the drummer/singer who was the MVP of that band. Richie Scarlet on second guitar looked like Johnny Thunders if he was mainlining bacon instead of heroin, but he did the job. Ace was the weak link in the band: his vocals were terrible and his playing was mediocre but for some reason it worked. He did his smoking guitar trick, which must mean that Gene Simmons forgot to trademark it... Maybe it was the margaritas I had ingested but it I had a great time and I loved hearing those KISS classics and some solo songs too. At some point, he asked: "I still got it, wouldn't you say?" It's debatable if he ever had it but it was a fun start to a great night.

https://electriceyephoto.blogspot.com/2 ... geles.html

I've already written several lengthy reviews of the current Alice Cooper show. Suffice to say it's as brilliant as ever. He swapped some songs this time around, it was great hearing Serious live for the first time. I love that record and I wish he would play ore songs off of it. Orianthi came back to play a lead on School's Out which was a nice little surprise. Oh, and I was sitting behind Eric Singer! For some reason, even though I had a good seat I didn't manage to take one good picture. These will have to do:

https://electriceyephoto.blogspot.com/2 ... geles.html

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice Cooper in L.A.

Post by Maaki » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Thanks for the pictures :)

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper in L.A.

Post by tuneylune » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:12 am

Good photos and thanks for the review of the shows also.
"I need everything the world owes me..."