For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jram
Killer
Killer

Glasgow meet-up?

Post by jram » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Anyone made a plan? Anyone want to make one?

Also, if you're in town early with time to kill, and want to do something other than drink(!), there's a new live-action scare attraction right next to Central Station - called Dread - it's a guided scare tour. There's a 2-tickets-and-food deal here: https://www.designmynight.com/glasgow/w ... ?t=tickets

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Glasgow meet-up?

Post by dadascot » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:00 am

Don't have time for dread but wouldn't I mind meeting fellow sick things before the gig!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:41 am

dadascot wrote:Don't have time for dread but wouldn't I mind meeting fellow sick things before the gig!
I'll be around at all the shows but will have limited access to internet so may not see any posts about meet up locations.
Looking forward to meeting everyone again but please... remind me who you are, as I have the WORST memory for matching faces to names! People come up and say "hi" and we chat, and I know the face but often can`t connect it to the name, and I feel sooooo bad about it as often I really should know!! So please please have pity on my old brain and introduce yourself if we haven`t seen each other for a while! :ghostface:

(I'll be the one with the Crutch, limping along and probably looking like an extra from the Living Dead)

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:31 pm

I'll be at lebowskis bar in Argyle St near the hydro early afternoon. Grabbing food across the road @ 4:30 then either back to the pub for an hour or wander down to the hydro for @6:30 ish.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:41 pm

no interest in the support so i'm not aiming to be there til after 7, but if i see anyone identifiable i'll say hi.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Anyone know when Alice is on for this one...I am not bothered about seeing either suppot act.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Alice at 21:20
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:41 am

wind_up_toy wrote:Alice at 21:20
Cheers

I intend on being in Glasgow by about 2, Resisting the urge for that first pint all day is going to be no easy job. But I have no intention of turning up paralytic

Oh well, maybe take Stadium tour of Hampden or Celtic Park.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:51 am

rgallie wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:Alice at 21:20
Cheers

I intend on being in Glasgow by about 2, Resisting the urge for that first pint all day is going to be no easy job. But I have no intention of turning up paralytic

Oh well, maybe take Stadium tour of Hampden or Celtic Park.
Celtic Park easily the best, wonderful stadium. We have a view of Ibrox from our hotel :)

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:30 am

We can't make it til seven, we are in the first circle, we are a group of seven, me and the Mrs, my mate who has blonde hair and glasses, the fourteen year old who looks like sheldon Cooper, my grown up daughter and her partner, who has an osama bin laden beard, and my son who is 6'4. Please say hello, my name is graeme and I will be wearing a blue special forces t-shirt and leather jacket. Would love to put a face to some of you guys!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:05 am

Ancient white LITD T-shirt with the eves on a sleeve. Row 6 so in a different place altogether but may catch you in the foyer somewhere. My SF shirt has shrunk so much it would fit a small dog now...

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:54 am

I'm broken hearted that my original sf tshirt has gone to the great jumble sale in the sky, this is a new print but still brings back many happy memories

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:06 pm

A bunch of us are meeting the Clydebank Bar and Grill next to the venue from now.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Anyone n sse rewards lounge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:23 pm

So did anyone else think maybe Glen set the curtains on fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 am

well that was [as expected] an effing STORMING show, some really good unexpecteds and just a fabulous performance all around.

really, really effed off w/ the merch people though. got there about half seven and all the shirts i wanted in the size i wanted were sold out and no restocks forthcoming. looks like i can get the Love The Dead one from the store [backstreet] but i wanted the Comic Book one too, and that's not listed, anyone know where i might get one? the merch page on Coop's own site is even sparser than backstreet's :-/
TIA
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Wow what a gig, Alice was in great voice. Many highlights, such energy from the touring band but when the ACG were about to go on I thought I was going to have a heart attack lol. The mrs, who isn't a huge Alice fan, had seen Bruno Mars at the hydro a few months ago, she is a fan of his. She said Alice blew him away, no comparison and that she would go back to an Alice gig over Bruno mars any day of the week! It was my first time in the hydro and my only complaint was that in the circle there was a complete lack of atmosphere. But hey ho, gone are the days of fighting with the bouncer and pushing to the front. But what a gig!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Saw the curtains smouldering away at the end but hadn't seen what happened before.

Great gig. Crowd was subdued for a long time and it took a while to fill up but in the end the place came alive and the gig was excellent. Loved to see ACG clearly enjoying themselves and to see more interplay between Alice and Cheryl than there used to be in the past. Pain was excellent as was Woman of Mass Distraction. The World Needs Guts went down really well down the front.

Was concerned about the empty 8th row behind me right up until 15 mins before Alice came on. Concerns were washed away when Phil Campbell and his sons turned up. Had a great chat with them. Really nice guys. For the Scots on this site we also had Winston from Still Game who is a massive fan and sang along wildly thoughout Alice's set.

Highlights...Schools Out, Dwight Frye, BDB and MOL and seeing Alice with a massive grin on his face during the encore.

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Another great Alice gig in Glasgow ...That band are perfect , and Alice really is in great voice ...

Far too many highlights to mention , but just to add to the others mentioned ...

Alice conducting the band during Halo Of Flies wearing black tails and top hat , waving a baton ..... Simple , yet utterly brilliant ...funny and as cool as hell ....

Seeing Dennis doing his trademark high kicks xxx

But probably most of all is the sheer enjoyment Nina Strauss brings to every second she's on stage ....

and it's not just because she's good looking ...

Orianthi was also good looking , yet she spent most of the shows with that long dour face , looking as if someone had just farted in her general direction ...

From what I've seen she did the same with Jacko .......

Nina Strauss is a FAR better foil for Alice ....

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:50 pm

alan1958 wrote:Another great Alice gig in Glasgow ...That band are perfect , and Alice really is in great voice ...

Far too many highlights to mention , but just to add to the others mentioned ...

Alice conducting the band during Halo Of Flies wearing black tails and top hat , waving a baton ..... Simple , yet utterly brilliant ...funny and as cool as hell ....

Seeing Dennis doing his trademark high kicks xxx

But probably most of all is the sheer enjoyment NiTa Strauss brings to every second she's on stage ....

and it's not just because she's good looking ...

Orianthi was also good looking , yet she spent most of the shows with that long dour face , looking as if someone had just farted in her general direction ...

From what I've seen she did the same with Jacko .......

NiTa Strauss is a FAR better foil for Alice ....
******fixed******