For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

MANCHESTER 15/11

Post by GAZZ » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Just a heads up to every one EVENTIM.CO.UK have just released alot of tickets in blocks A B and 103 close to the stage for Manchester on 15/11/17 iv just seen them on there site now at 20.30 . just thought id let everyone know .

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: MANCHESTER 15/11

Post by Si » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 pm

GAZZ wrote:Just a heads up to every one EVENTIM.CO.UK have just released alot of tickets in blocks A B and 103 close to the stage for Manchester on 15/11/17 iv just seen them on there site now at 20.30 . just thought id let everyone know .
They are better then the ones that went on sale back in November.... What a con.

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

Post by GAZZ » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:47 pm

I know mate. Iv got a friend that works security at the echo arena in Liverpool and they do the same thing there they keep really good seats back till a week or 2 before the gigs then release them he said he's not got a clue why they do it but they do . It is a rip off though .

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:12 am

It's just happened in Glasgow as well. @100 now on sale between 5th and 10th row right in front of the stage. They had already chipped in a couple of extra batches over the last 2-3 months with the largest batch of nearly 300 added much further back in the venue a few weeks ago. Site currently showing less than 400 left overall (which is great if accurate) but it was well under 200 about 6 weeks ago! Standard practice for the Hydro as I understand it. Perhaps the remainder of the Premium/meet and greet seats for this release given where they are so I suppose that would be a relatively understandable action.

10 extra suddenly came on sale two months ago and I managed to upgrade from the 26th row to the 7th right in the middle and resell my previous tickets at face value on the rip off Getmein site. Sold mine at cost though as hate ripping folk off.

Delighted to get the chance for better tickets but it just brings back the frustrations from when the tickets went on sale originally.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:08 am

We obviously don't know all the facts, but it appears like really atrocious behaviour and a kick in the teeth to real fans who's money they've been happily sitting on for nearly a year now.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:26 pm

just more evidence that the whole ticket-selling debacle needs a severe shake-up.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:18 am

It is shocking and I discussed this after they went on sale that I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on sale a few weeks before the concert at a reasonable price. Am I right in thinking that people were paying over £100 to be within the first several rows when they went on sale? I brought tickets for Leeds and Birmingham at standard prices to be on rows 10 and 11 and now I've just bagged me some tickets for the 4th row for a different venue.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 am

I took normal price tickets at the start and decided to keep looking to see what happened as I knew the game and was prepared to take the chance something would come up. I paid @£7 booking fee per original ticket then and then another £6 to sell on Getmein and then another booking fee to buy the new one. So, @£76 in fees for 4 tickets which you then print off yourself. Such easy money for the ticket sellers whose costs are small fraction of the price.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:38 am

the fact getmein etc exist makes a mockery of the supposed buying rules. when i got my Nick Cave ticket they said you had to turn up/ photo ID, when i was in the queue someone asked the staff and they said as long as you had a credit card w/ matching ID you were fine, but there was still touts walking up and down in full view/earshot asking to buy/sell tickets. how you can buy from a tout and have a matching credit card i have no idea, and how you can apparently buy a resell from a tout in full view of the staff and still get in, i have no idea either. but i'm makes the whole effort of keeping sales legit a total p-take.
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:23 am

killer wolf wrote:the fact getmein etc exist makes a mockery of the supposed buying rules. when i got my Nick Cave ticket they said you had to turn up/ photo ID, when i was in the queue someone asked the staff and they said as long as you had a credit card w/ matching ID you were fine, but there was still touts walking up and down in full view/earshot asking to buy/sell tickets. how you can buy from a tout and have a matching credit card i have no idea, and how you can apparently buy a resell from a tout in full view of the staff and still get in, i have no idea either. but i'm makes the whole effort of keeping sales legit a total p-take.
Not just that, but you buy a ticket via Ticketmasters tout site viagogo, and that also won`t match any of your own ID.

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

Post by GAZZ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:31 pm

I know it will never happen but i would love to go back to the old days when you queued up at the box office and the person in the box office would get out a seating chart and you could pick your own tickets and the nearer to the front of the queue you were the better tickets you got . not like now when you get up at 8am to be ready for the tickets to go on sale at 9am only to find that at 2 seconds past 9 all the best seats have gone or you go on platinum seating to pay 2x or 3x face value even then its 4 5 or 6 rows back . Or you have a situation like now in Manchester and Glasgow where good tickets have been kept back .or my pet hate stub hub and getmein nothing but ticket touts on line .

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:34 am

well that version was all well and good when bands played TOURS, and not 3 dates. about 90% of what/who i've seen over the past decade, i've had to travel 150 miles each way ~ seems the vast majority of acts don't realise the UK has cities other than London, Birmingham, Manch and Glasgow. If we went back to the box-office only - much as i loved that when buying tickets for my home town - i would have missed dozens of shows.
online is good, but until the government etc REALLY does something about it, it will remain a rip-off joke. i'm used to seeing touts in the vicinity of a show, but them wandering up and down in front of the goddamn staff shouting that they would buy/sell tickets is just effing ridiculous. if the venues can enforce bag checks, why are they so reluctant to enforce ID/ticket rules?
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am

killer wolf wrote:well that version was all well and good when bands played TOURS, and not 3 dates. about 90% of what/who i've seen over the past decade, i've had to travel 150 miles each way ~ seems the vast majority of acts don't realise the UK has cities other than London, Birmingham, Manch and Glasgow. If we went back to the box-office only - much as i loved that when buying tickets for my home town - i would have missed dozens of shows.
The buy at box office was good in general but I agree, if you wanted to see more then the show down the road it was nightmare as well. Try buying tickets for 5 shows at the same time by phone? I did it many times and it was possible but you had to be very well organised with other people to get good seats for every show.
killer wolf wrote: online is good, but until the government etc REALLY does something about it, it will remain a rip-off joke. i'm used to seeing touts in the vicinity of a show, but them wandering up and down in front of the goddamn staff shouting that they would buy/sell tickets is just effing ridiculous. if the venues can enforce bag checks, why are they so reluctant to enforce ID/ticket rules?
One problem is that the venue, I think, don`t have the legal right to move people on, and the Police have better things to do for all but the biggest shows. That's the problem of stopping the touts outside.

The problem with the ID thing, as has been pointed out already, is that official ticket outlets like Ticketmaster are themselves touts through viagogo etc, and the ID thing stops them from touting their own tickets as the ticket and ID won't match. Neither the venue nor the ticket agencies actually care who has the tickets as long as they are sold. They only SAY they do when caught out and the scam gets press. We have venues, ticket agencies, promotors and band management (NOT Alice's) all skimming the best tickets to make extra money either under the counter or via VIP packages etc.
It's why, generally speaking, general admission shows are so much better for fans then seated. With GA everyone has a reasonable chance of getting to the front if they want, and getting GA tickets is pretty simple for most shows as there isn`t the rush. That's good for us, but then the above groups can`t make the extra money. It's all about that extra money they can make.

We are reading about investigations and ticketing issues for big tours constantly nowadays. The situation is under a microscope, but until someone makes something better into law it won`t change. But it has to be said that in our case we are relatively lucky. I know for a FACT that most of the Alice Cooper management HATE that this all happens and how AC fans keep getting screwed over. Unfortunately they are over a barrel as well. If they don't play the game to some degree they can't tour. It's that simple. (If you don`t believe me look up what happened to Pearl Jam when they tried to bypass the system a decade ago). They do what they can to alleviate the problem (AC.com pre-sales etc, which is limited to the tickets the promoter assigns them) but they aren't Metallica or Iron Maiden any more. They don`t have the power of those mega-bands and can only do so much. To bypass the Ticketmaster monopoly means you are severely limited on what venues you can play, and at a time when every penny counts if you don`t play the game you are out of it.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:39 am

you're probably right about moving people on, but all it needs is signs saying they are strictly enforcing the ID policy - if people still buy tickets after that, that's their own fault. the policy should not be down to ticketbast themselves, it should be enforced by the promoters who can force the sellers to print the warnings on the tickets and outlets' pages etc.
it would seem the venues don't seem to care who holds the ticket, i don't know what impact it would have on them TO enforce it though? maybe a couple of lost beer sales or something?

GA is all well and good, but not for me. i [generally speaking, as previously mentioned] have to travel 150 miles to a venue ~ traffic and anything else can impact an arrival time, and even if it doesn't, i have three hours in a car then usually a 90~120 min wait before the act itself. the last thing i want is to add another couple hours to that [including possible extra parking charges] just to turn up early and stand around hoping to get up to the barriers and then spend more time standing around until the show starts. i want to know i have a guaranteed place when i turn up. that should mean i've been able to pick the seat to some degree and know i've got a good view too, but we all know about ticketbast's "best available" lucky dip system.

"they aren't Metallica or Iron Maiden any more" maybe not, but if all those big names make and effort and do things, what could all of them do if they co-ordinated and did things together? i'm pretty sure that between them they could set up their own dedicated ticket-selling company that would be able to do better arrangements for fan club/VIP tickets and makes sure all/the majority of tickets went to fans.
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 am

killer wolf wrote: "they aren't Metallica or Iron Maiden any more" maybe not, but if all those big names make and effort and do things, what could all of them do if they co-ordinated and did things together? i'm pretty sure that between them they could set up their own dedicated ticket-selling company that would be able to do better arrangements for fan club/VIP tickets and makes sure all/the majority of tickets went to fans.
I think Iron Maiden tried to do all that on their current tour to some success. I think maybe they hire the venue as a whole and then have complete control over ticketing, but most acts aren`t in that situation.
Things are being tried to fix the situation, and I agree that if all the big guns got together something could be done, but many of these acts are now just corporate companies trying to make as much money as possible so they don`t care about the fans, just their money. For them the situation works just fine.
Just look at the prices of tickets for a lot of these big shows. A decent seat on Roger Waters just announced dates is over £100 on it's own. Sure he puts on a HUGE show but that is a lot of money for 2-3 hours entertainment, not to mention all the additional costs for a night out (travel/parking/drinks etc). In the current climate they are pricing many people out of the market.
On top of that many of these big bands aren`t going to be around much longer. Even if the musicians themselves still care (and I think many DO care) everyone around them wants to make a killing while they still can, and the bands themselves have limited power to do anything.

MVS 1009
Trash
Trash

Post by MVS 1009 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:10 am

Does anyone know how the ticket sales are selling for the Wembley concert?

I am taking some friends with me that have never seen Alice before so having bombarded them over the years about Alice a full and packed Wembley would certainly add to the occasion.

Apologies for straying from the subject matter.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Feel sick seeing the tickets on sale in Glasgow much closer to the front and a better view for not much more than what I paid for worse tickets.

Ticketmaster (or whoever) has ruined this for me.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 am

I certainly think the seats down the front in Glasgow have to be related to the premium priced offerings and the remaining unsold tickets are now being sold off at normal prices. For that, you can probably blame whoever sets up the deal for these tickets i.e. Promoter.

The Hydro has a habit of gradually releasing tickets for those gigs which aren't instant sellouts which means that seats further back and to the side gradually become available. Fairly standard practice for many venues and understandable I suppose. However, they also only sell alternate rows in the second tier of seating for some blocks. This means that as the venue fills up really good tiered seating can be made available out of nowhere. I've no idea why that happens other than to potentially give an illusion of a bigger crowd if you are looking up from the stage or floor.

On top of all this, every now and again small groups of seats have come up all around the hall. They don't operate a refund scheme if you change your mind having bought tickets so I've no idea what's going on there.

It's great that it looks like an 8,000+ crowd for Glasgow now but the real fans are going to be scattered all over the place and some last minute walk ups may end up in the first few rows and spend the evening asking when Poison is being played.

All in all it's been a complete joke from the start and I wouldn't be surprised if the security try to stop folk standing at the gig just to complete the experience.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:30 am

rgallie wrote:Feel sick seeing the tickets on sale in Glasgow much closer to the front and a better view for not much more than what I paid for worse tickets.

Ticketmaster (or whoever) has ruined this for me.
i'm not even going to look. as far as i'm concerned, if more tickets are released they should at least offer an exchange to people who paid early on.
KW
/X\oo/X\

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:06 am

Si wrote:To bypass the Ticketmaster monopoly means you are severely limited on what venues you can play, and at a time when every penny counts if you don`t play the game you are out of it.
Precisely. I recently read an interview with Michael McDonald that shed a little light on the problem. He said if you make a million dollars on a tour, that after paying travel, lodging, band, meals, crew and everyone and everything else, you pocket about $33,000. Add that to the problem of "free" downloads, etc, and there's not a lot of cash to be made.

So...ya gotta tour to earn a living, and that living ain't the kinda loot they used to score in the 70's. Promoters and that certain ticket agency have taken the place of big record companies when it comes to legal robbery of artists and fans. Like you said, you either play their game, their way, or you're off the team.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."