Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:44 am 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 202
Location: RI
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Looking like Roses will be played throughout the festivals maybe not just Wacken:

In this new show, we’re doing a lot of metal festivals, so I’m looking at this one song, “Roses on White Lace,” because my guitar player is a shredder. Nita Strauss is just a pure shredder, so I’ve got to give her a few things to shred on. And that will have another character in it too that’s being prepared right now.

Interesting I wonder if this will be the Jack the Ripper-esque character that is alluded to in the Trilogy...or something else entirely different...either way...I want to see this song done live...hope somebody films this one

I'm quite sure someone will definitely film a rarity like this song, I'm pretty sure it'll end up being posted on blabbermouth.net or YouTube soon after it gets performed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:35 pm
Posts: 5339
From JoeyBananagoose:
"but no bloody decent footage exists! So frustrating."

There is some rehearsal footage on the reissued version of "Prime Cuts".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 am 
Offline
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:39 pm
Posts: 14966
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Haven't seen any song from RYFAY live. Would be bucket list for me.










_________________
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 758
Shoesalesman wrote:
Haven't seen any song from RYFAY live. Would be bucket list for me.

I have and would be happy never to see any again!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 408
Location: Tennessee
Raise Your Fist and Yell is one of Alice's most underrated albums in my opinion and the Live in the Flesh tour for that album was one of the best of Alice's career in my opinion. On other music boards numerous fans talk about the desire for Alice to play songs off that album again, so I definitely hope he plays something. I still think "Freedom" would be a great song to regularly appear in the setlist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3425
Location: calif
dadascot wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:
Haven't seen any song from RYFAY live. Would be bucket list for me.

I have and would be happy never to see any again!



Plus 1










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:06 am 
Offline
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:55 pm
Posts: 669
Location: Hamilton Ontario
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
killer wolf wrote:
Be great to hear it, think it would be better as the full trilogy though.


Been my concert dream to see the trilogy in person done live with all of the appropriate theatrics to go with it(

Me too!!










_________________
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:11 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am
Posts: 3425
Location: calif
There is no such thing as the trilogy. It is just a fan made up thing.










_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbeFMpdVIA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:06 am 
Offline
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Louisville, Ky
I'm 37...beem a fan of the Coops since I was a kid and I can safely say RYFAY is my all-time favorite album with freedom being my fav song of his...the second side is genius and yes the Trilogy comprised of Chop chop chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace is genius and the theatrics that accompanied it were awesome...when Roses returns, it will be an amazing treat for the fans


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:08 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 1206
Location: Sweden
pitkin88 wrote:
There is no such thing as the trilogy. It is just a fan made up thing.

Really? I don't know if Alice himself ever called it a trilogy but three songs following each other all about a woman named Gail (There's a whisper of Gail at about 2:10 in RoWL), also always played in album order on the "Live In the Flesh" tour? That sounds like an intended trilogy to me.










_________________
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:32 am 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 202
Location: RI
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
I'm 37...beem a fan of the Coops since I was a kid and I can safely say RYFAY is my all-time favorite album with freedom being my fav song of his...the second side is genius and yes the Trilogy comprised of Chop chop chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace is genius and the theatrics that accompanied it were awesome...when Roses returns, it will be an amazing treat for the fans

Not long now before "Roses" return at Wacken festival this weekend so excited for it. I know it'll get posted online somewhere via YouTube probably. Anyone else excited for this like I am share your thoughts and then reactions after it gets played.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:41 am 
Offline
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Louisville, Ky
AliceFan wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
I'm 37...beem a fan of the Coops since I was a kid and I can safely say RYFAY is my all-time favorite album with freedom being my fav song of his...the second side is genius and yes the Trilogy comprised of Chop chop chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace is genius and the theatrics that accompanied it were awesome...when Roses returns, it will be an amazing treat for the fans

Not long now before "Roses" return at Wacken festival this weekend so excited for it. I know it'll get posted online somewhere via YouTube probably. Anyone else excited for this like I am share your thoughts and then reactions after it gets played.


I am beyond pumped to see it...i hope if there are theatrics related to it it brings the song to life...we shall see...wish this would be played for future dates but better once then never again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:51 am 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 202
Location: RI
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
AliceFan wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
I'm 37...beem a fan of the Coops since I was a kid and I can safely say RYFAY is my all-time favorite album with freedom being my fav song of his...the second side is genius and yes the Trilogy comprised of Chop chop chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace is genius and the theatrics that accompanied it were awesome...when Roses returns, it will be an amazing treat for the fans

Not long now before "Roses" return at Wacken festival this weekend so excited for it. I know it'll get posted online somewhere via YouTube probably. Anyone else excited for this like I am share your thoughts and then reactions after it gets played.


I am beyond pumped to see it...i hope if there are theatrics related to it it brings the song to life...we shall see...wish this would be played for future dates but better once then never again

Me too beyond excited to hear it somehow probably via YouTube and to answer your question yes Alice said in a recent interview with AZcentral about this song that there will be a new character and theatrics for roses. Then again maybe Alice will love playing it live and decide to keep it in the setlist, like he did with world needs Guts, hey a guy can dream..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 408
Location: Tennessee
I think it would be very cool to have hopefully The World Needs Guts, He's Back (the Man Behind the Mask) and Roses on White Lace in the set together. I love the Raise Your Fist and Yell album. The albums from 1986-2000 are my favorite era(s) of Alice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:42 am 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 202
Location: RI
cooperrocks wrote:
I think it would be very cool to have hopefully The World Needs Guts, He's Back (the Man Behind the Mask) and Roses on White Lace in the set together. I love the Raise Your Fist and Yell album. The albums from 1986-2000 are my favorite era(s) of Alice.

Cooperrocks, I was thinking the same thing recently about adding he's back(man behind the mask) to those 2 on the setlist, probably won't happen but it might. Here's something even better if found on the news page today says Alice's set at Wacken festival tomorrow will be Streamed live through a webcast. Isn't that great news? I'm over the moon about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Louisville, Ky
What time does that mean for Eastern Standard Time?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:04 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Bowling Green, KY
1 PM Eastern


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:34 am
Posts: 80
Woo! Starting now!

Also, what are the chances Alice shows up to do The Toy Master with Avantasia? They play a bit later in the night. I'd say slim to none, but it would be cool nonetheless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Louisville, Ky
I tuned right at Poison..he hasn't done Roses yet has he? (I'm at work right now so I have to be discreet LOL)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:34 am
Posts: 80
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
I tuned right at Poison..he hasn't done Roses yet has he? (I'm at work right now so I have to be discreet LOL)

Nope. Also Lost In America and Pain were skipped. Not boding well for Roses. I was expecting it either right after The World Needs Guts or after Nita's solo.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group



SickthingsUK is not associated with Alice Cooper, Alive Enterprises, Universal Records or any official entity.
This is an unofficial fan site.
I am NOT Alice Cooper, Toby Mamis OR Shep Gordon. Honest!
The SickthingsUK News Page and Site are copyright © 1997-2016; all rights reserved. Any duplication or reproduction of items on this page without permission is prohibited unless you provide a link please. Credits and acknowledgements are noted where known. No copyright infringement is intended.
I accept all news stories related to Alice Cooper; click here to contact me.
SickthingsUK is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk