For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:53 pm

Do you think Alice knows what is happening, seeing as people around him read these posts? And if so, could he have any say in what is happening? Alice knows the diehards in the UK, wonder what he would think if he looked out from stage and couldn't see anyone he recognised.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:27 pm

I find all of the complaining about "all seated" interesting. Ever since the 1979 tragedy at The Who concert in Cincinnati, virtually all of the non-club shows I've attended have been reserved seating. The only two Alice shows I've ever attended that had general admission were the 2010 Nashville show with Rob Zombie, which had reserved seats, but general admission on the floor (and no seats), and Louisville in 2012. The latter show had seats, but they weren't reserved. I've also attended shows at outdoor venues that had lawn seating, but the actual seats up front were all reserved (excepting the 2012 Louisville show).

The ticket situation has been the norm in the U.S. for many years. It's exceedingly difficult to get good seats, even before they tied the first ten rows to VIP packages. When getting tickets, you just have to decide what's most acceptable of the choices you're given. I was in the 8th row in Nashville last year, and 14th row in Louisville, and I was lucky to get those, as checking for seats in the subsequent months never turned up anything better.

That said, in the U.S., they do release those unsold up-front seats in the weeks or days before the show. That's how a friend of mine got us third-row seats for Indianapolis. But he was just lucky to have checked on the day they happened to release them, as I never saw any of the released seats. And I, too, have talked to people who just walked up to the box office day-of-show and snagged front- or second-row seats.

Good luck to you all! I'll be facing the same situations again when shows near me are announced....

Hunter

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Two things to bare in mind Hunter.
1) 90%+ of rock/metal shows at these venues are general admission standing on the floor. It's normal for them to be that way. This is the abnormality.
2) We aren`t talking nice little theaters here like the places I've been to in the US, we're talking enormous 8-10,000 seat sheds. All the floor seating is on one level, meaning unless you are over 6ft tall you can`t see anything behind but heads and phones outside the first few rows. And if you go for up the sides there is no atmosphere at all. You might as well watch YouTube the next day.

I got conned a few years ago for Rush tickets. Box office told me they were third row front block, so I bought them. Turned out they were second block back and honestly Jenn didn`t see the band at all that night, and I couldn`t see very much. Utter waste of money.

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

Post by GAZZ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:04 pm

Ravenred wrote:This is total rubbish. I've been trying ticketmaster presale since the supposed 9am! Nothing available!! Someone's posted on facebook that they rang Leeds box office & got 2nd row no problem... so I tried & as expected no availability until tomorrow. Totally disheartened right now.

I dont know if you have your tickets sorted yet but i just called Eventim the company doing the tickets for Manchester and Leeds and the nice lady on the phone just got me block B row C for Leeds and block 114 row E for Manchester . I am made up with that considering how bad its been yesterday and today trying to get good seats with out paying silly prices . iv just got Birmingham and London to sort tomorrow now with any luck :clap:

somekindofstranger
Trash
Trash

Post by somekindofstranger » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:05 pm

I picked up my tickets for Wembley Arena in the o2 presale (as the fan presale didnt seem to materialise on time). Front row of an upper tier about half way back (block N9). I dont know about the about the usual quality of seats in AC fans presales, but the usual presale lottery seemed to apply here...not neccessarily the best seats, but you get to book them early and ensure a spot. As my wife is only 5ft we wanted to make sure we were somewhere we could see if people started to stand - which I assume they will - and these tickets fitted the bill so I am pretty happy with that.

btw, I am a big Mission fan too - have seen them regularly since the 90's and we had one of their songs (like a child again) as the first dance at our wedding! There was a period a while back where their gigs could be hit or miss from night to night, but we saw the current lineup a couple of months back and it was one of the best gigs of theirs I have seen for a while, so I am very optimistic for their support slot (and would love to see people attempt the traditional standing-on-shoulders during 'Tower of Strength' at a seated gig....)

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Si wrote:Two things to bare in mind Hunter.
1) 90%+ of rock/metal shows at these venues are general admission standing on the floor. It's normal for them to be that way. This is the abnormality.
Oh, I get it. That's why I said it's interesting to me. That hasn't generally been the case in the U.S. since 1979. I didn't realize it wasn't that way everywhere until I started reading reports from STUKers back in the day.

And I was referring to the large venues when I said I always just look for something on the side. It does kill the atmosphere a lot, but at least you can see!

In other words, I'm not disputing anything, just commiserating! :)

Hunter

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Just looking on the Event IM presale for Manchester, you can select the seat(s) you want. There's some decent enough ones, eighth row, block C (not too far left of centre) available.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:24 pm

lordcatfish wrote:Just looking on the Event IM presale for Manchester, you can select the seat(s) you want. There's some decent enough ones, eighth row, block C (not too far left of centre) available.
Curiosity got me - just checked the Hydro site again, and suddenly they have a pair of tickets in the 14th row of the front centre block - three rows nearer the stage than they had or offered this morning.

Whole thing's a total swizz

Pretty Ballerina
Trash
Trash

Post by Pretty Ballerina » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Sorry to read all your stories of difficulty in getting good tickets. ::((:
Especially after the excitement of finding out that Alice was coming to the UK. :clap:

Will be booking up a ticket tomorrow in the General Sale for Glasgow.

Any suggestions as to what might be the best website? I usually use Ticketmaster, but it sounds like their tickets are some of the furthest from the stage.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:30 pm

jram wrote:Curiosity got me - just checked the Hydro site again, and suddenly they have a pair of tickets in the 14th row of the front centre block - three rows nearer the stage than they had or offered this morning.
Yep, that happens frequently in the U.S.

Hunter

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:58 pm

I spent yesterday feeling miserbale with my tickets. But ya know what, we are getting a new album and i'm going to see (hope thats the right word) Alice again in Glasgow....Just like last time i'm gonna find out the setlist and make a CD to listen to on the road down with the studio versions of those songs and i'll probably take the Alexandra Palace live album as well. Let the good times commence.

In persepective I got tickets for Still Game in Feb on the ground level but further back (than my Alice tickets) and I was dead chuffed, yet i got closer tickets for Alice and was raging. Why, cos I saw the last Still Game show from as far back as you can get and last time Alice played the Clyde Auditoriam I was in the 5th row or something. Now I just think, i'm glad to be going.

On a side note ticketmaster are a scummy company in my eyes now, didn't realise they had their own tout exchange website.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:59 pm

Be warned. I just noticed that the Seat map on ASX (ie AC.com presale and ASX own presale) for Leeds Arena doesn`t show the front four blocks.

Going by their chart if you could buy (you can`t) Block 105 row A you would think you just scored front row. You havent, as Eventim who sell the direct Leeds Area tickets show (and have sold) tickets in the blocks A, B, C, and D, which other seating charts and photos show are in front of the numbered blocks.

Deliberate?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:11 am

Si wrote:Two things to bare in mind Hunter.
2) We aren`t talking nice little theaters here like the places I've been to in the US, we're talking enormous 8-10,000 seat sheds. All the floor seating is on one level, meaning unless you are over 6ft tall you can`t see anything behind but heads and phones outside the first few rows. And if you go for up the sides there is no atmosphere at all. You might as well watch YouTube the next day.

I got conned a few years ago for Rush tickets. Box office told me they were third row front block, so I bought them. Turned out they were second block back and honestly Jenn didn`t see the band at all that night, and I couldn`t see very much. Utter waste of money.
As Hunter mentioned in another post, when we say US shows, we are talking theater AND arena. They just bring in folding chairs, cover the arena floor in them, and sell them reserved. It leaves the option for GA shows in those locations, but the vast majority of rock shows are sold-no matter the venue size-as reserved seating, even the 20,000 seat arenas in my town and in Milwaukee are usually that way.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:15 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
What would have been really cool is if good seats could have been allocated at every venue for people attending all the shows. I imagine this could have been offered as a package fairly easily despite the fact that we're dealing with multiple venues?

Anyway, I feel for all of those trying to get good seats for multiple venues. You're the life and soul of the shows and they will be poorer for not having you up the front.
I have to admit, the selfish part of me thinks....what about those in the U.S., or Canada, or other countries that try to attend as many shows as possible? If this were to happen in the UK, would it then be extended to us in some fashion? Clearly, we can't go to every show in the country, but I know people that will attend 5-10+ shows in a tour when given the chance. We do our best to get good seats in reserved venues, and fully understand how you feel in this. I have shows in certain locations where I know that I will see 20-25 die hard Coop fans. We just have to deal with not sitting near each other, and we take the opportunity beforehand and afterward to have dinner together, get drinks together, and just hang out that way. It still ends up being a great time connecting with friends, meeting new fans, and enjoying a killer rock show!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:43 am

NotSoPerfect wrote: I have to admit, the selfish part of me thinks....what about those in the U.S., or Canada, or other countries that try to attend as many shows as possible? If this were to happen in the UK, would it then be extended to us in some fashion?
Of course it should be, if it ever happened in the way you describe, which I doubt.

They have tried to help out the fans with the AC.com pre-sales and look at the grief that has caused them when it goes wrong like this time?

The fact is we are really lucky in many ways. Kyler, Toby etc could simply stand back and say "we have no control over ticketing" and leave us in the lap of the gods.

Instead they have tried to put something in place to at least help, and it has more often then not, with the AC.com allocation normally being the best seats available.

When it goes belly up it is very rarely if ever because they have made a mistake. It's the ticketing agencies and promotors who mess it up, as they couldn`t care less who buys tickets as long as they pay, and may even be pissed off having to deal with it as it's less tickets they can push to their scalper friends..

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:49 am

Si wrote:
The fact is we are really lucky in many ways. Kyler, Toby etc could simply stand back and say "we have no control over ticketing" and leave us in the lap of the gods.

Agreed! We are exceedingly lucky with the communication, outreach, help, and just plain kindness showed to the fans by those in Coop's camp.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:06 am

A few better tickets now showing on general sale. not bothering with the hassle of buying those and selling my current ones. Life's too short to be raging, i'll be there hopefully with a half decent view where I don't find myself watching the stage screens.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:24 am

Pretty Ballerina wrote:Will be booking up a ticket tomorrow in the General Sale for Glasgow. Any suggestions as to what might be the best website? I usually use Ticketmaster, but it sounds like their tickets are some of the furthest from the stage.
Don't bother with Tickets Scotland, they only have block 225 available, and nothing on ground level.

I waited 15 minutes on hold to the Hydro/Ticketmaster, and gave up. Their site is currently only offering tickets in block 012, front but off to the side.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:52 am

Ticket and hotel experiences showing but not sure if any left as all the ones I looked at show >8

Says rows 7-10 and a hotel for £170.
Alright If going solo I guess.

I'm going with partner and staying in Premier Inn for about £60 for both of us though so £340 is a bit too much for us.
If I was 100% sure I was going alone id pay £170 for that though

(edit) just seen prices are per person and based on 2 people sharing.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:55 am

So done with this.

Just to get this misery over with I went with the Ticketmaster "platinum" aka scalped tickets. £100 each but front row for Brum and Wembley. Now just have to hope they aren`t in front of the speaker stacks where you can't see anything.

I'd say "never again"... but it will happen again.. and again.. unless something gets fixed to make all this illegal.