Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by Si » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:04 am

Rob wrote:did you get tickets it just worked for me
Oh you can get tickets, they just aren`t worth having!
Sorry if that comes off badly, but I don`t want to pay for a ticket/travel/hotel to stand on a flat floor behind 1000 people taller then me, holding up their phones.
That isn`t enjoyable, especially when there are definitly better tickets that haven`t gone on sale yet.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:08 am

It's a Bad Situation :smack:

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 am

This is total rubbish. I've been trying ticketmaster presale since the supposed 9am! Nothing available!! Someone's posted on facebook that they rang Leeds box office & got 2nd row no problem... so I tried & as expected no availability until tomorrow. Totally disheartened right now.
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:46 am

What a bloody shambles that was , nothing worked yesterday when I tried , this morning nothing worked , checked my email for pre-sales and that worked , managed to get Block A3 Row 20 , never had this trouble in getting Alice tickets before and I have been on every UK tour from 1982 ,
Good job it`s so far away I might of calmed down by then !
:angry:
It must be true A_Michael said so

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:23 am

Managed to sort some fairly decent tickets out. Row M for both Leeds and Birmingham. Considering the first ten rows are made up of VIP I'll take three rows after that. Happy with doing the two this tour. Can't justify paying for more. Managed to order mine via ticketmaster pre-sale, had to follow the link from the e-mail for anyone interested.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:53 am

Just scored tickets for Glasgow in Row A...

... of the balcony to the side. Not perfect by any means but at least we'll be elevated and have no one in front of us.

The Hydro looks like a good venue with some nice hotels nearby so I'll now put the negatives aside and look forward to this over the coming year. I just really hope it's not the same show that I saw in 2012 and last year in Plymouth.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:14 pm

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think we shouldn`t have complained so much about the Crue tour.
No problem getting tickets, little problem getting to the front if you wished (as no seats), and could leave early to hang out or go home.
Sure it was a shorter show which sucked, but we didn`t have the misery we have now...
Never thought I would say that.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Si wrote:You know, the more I think about it, the more I think we shouldn`t have complained so much about the Crue tour.
No problem getting tickets, little problem getting to the front if you wished (as no seats), and could leave early to hang out or go home.
Sure it was a shorter show which sucked, but we didn`t have the misery we have now...
Never thought I would say that.
I see where your coming from but I think it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth when there are so many tickets for VIP's near the front. I recall Cardiff a few years ago where I was able to get tickets in the second row through the 'fan club'. I think it's bad that I can get better seats through ticketmaster than I can through the Alice pre-sale.

I'd also be happy to pay an annual fee for a year to be a part of a fan club which would entitle you to a discount on merchandise, new releases and would grant you a priority over other pre-sales. I'd quite happily pay £30 - £40 a year for something like that. I know Ginger from the Wildhearts and Rammstein do something similar.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:43 pm

Hypothetically if Alice doesn't sell his VIP tickets what happens to those seats that nobody has booked up? Would it be fair to then sell them to the general public a week before the show for the same price?
If they are left empty and people further back clock on you may also have a scenario of people clambering to get further forward to these empties resulting in fights etc.
There will always be an element of 10-30 people off here who regularly go to all the UK shows and I find it sad that we haven't been considered in the whole ticket allocation.
I think it's fairly obvious Alice doesn't have much say in how his tickets are distributed but how this has been handled has dealt a massive blow to those that are genuine Alice fanatics.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:47 pm

bigbradwolf wrote: I'd also be happy to pay an annual fee for a year to be a part of a fan club which would entitle you to a discount on merchandise, new releases and would grant you a priority over other pre-sales. I'd quite happily pay £30 - £40 a year for something like that. I know Ginger from the Wildhearts and Rammstein do something similar.
Not the first time this and similar things have been suggested, and of course I'm sure they have considered such things without us prodding them haha.
The issue mostly I think is that such things also cost money to run. It's whether it can be done cost effectively, and even then there can be nightmare problems.
The AC.com pre-sales were a step in that direction, and in the past they have normally had good tickets, often the best available anywhere. Kyler has said it's a new company this year and it shows, and they don`t seem to give a crap about what they reserve for us. A shame.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:54 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:Hypothetically if Alice doesn't sell his VIP tickets what happens to those seats that nobody has booked up? Would it be fair to then sell them to the general public a week before the show for the same price?
We've seen in the past that that is exactly what can happen, or sometimes they are given to guests, or maybe even a local radio promotion. It's not often they are empty from my experience. I've seen/talked to people in the front row center who have said they were just walking past and on a whim bought tickets and got front row a couple of hours before the show started.

But what can they do. Better to have someone in them then no one, but it still sucks when they sit back with their feet up watching and chatting in front of the fans who paid out a months before.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Bigbradwolf makes an excellent point in that there are clearly people here who essentially go on tour with Alice and see all his shows. In fact, the combined cost of their tickets means they probably shell out more cash than some of the 'VIPs' that will sit in front of them.

What would have been really cool is if good seats could have been allocated at every venue for people attending all the shows. I imagine this could have been offered as a package fairly easily despite the fact that we're dealing with multiple venues?

Anyway, I feel for all of those trying to get good seats for multiple venues. You're the life and soul of the shows and they will be poorer for not having you up the front.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:18 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:What would have been really cool is if good seats could have been allocated at every venue for people attending all the shows. I imagine this could have been offered as a package fairly easily despite the fact that we're dealing with multiple venues?
That's a whole other realm of bullshit: every year I follow a band who play 600-1000 capacity venues. I don't need to buy tickets, but I do. In July I tried to buy all four tickets from one merchant - right up to the point where they told me that I couldn't add them to a basket, and that I would have to buy each ticket separately and pay a transaction fee on each one!
I went through independent agencies (who, amazingly, were able to process multiple orders in one transaction...) and the venues direct.

Point being, if they can simultaneously inconvenience you and fleece you, they will. It's not in the promoters or outlets interest to help the fans, and we're probably talking small enough numbers that the artist won't make special dispensation - not for the admin involved.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:23 pm

jram wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:What would have been really cool is if good seats could have been allocated at every venue for people attending all the shows. I imagine this could have been offered as a package fairly easily despite the fact that we're dealing with multiple venues?
That's a whole other realm of bullshit: every year I follow a band who play 600-1000 capacity venues. I don't need to buy tickets, but I do. In July I tried to buy all four tickets from one merchant - right up to the point where they told me that I couldn't add them to a basket, and that I would have to buy each ticket separately and pay a transaction fee on each one!
I went through independent agencies (who, amazingly, were able to process multiple orders in one transaction...) and the venues direct.

Point being, if they can simultaneously inconvenience you and fleece you, they will. It's not in the promoters or outlets interest to help the fans, and we're probably talking small enough numbers that the artist won't make special dispensation - not for the admin involved.
That really sucks.

They must surely see that offering good tickets to diehards at all shows in the same country makes good financial sense. It sounds like many are on a knife-edge, or will go to just some of the shows, so a little help given would probably please both parties.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:35 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:Bigbradwolf makes an excellent point in that there are clearly people here who essentially go on tour with Alice and see all his shows. In fact, the combined cost of their tickets means they probably shell out more cash than some of the 'VIPs' that will sit in front of them.

What would have been really cool is if good seats could have been allocated at every venue for people attending all the shows. I imagine this could have been offered as a package fairly easily despite the fact that we're dealing with multiple venues?

Anyway, I feel for all of those trying to get good seats for multiple venues. You're the life and soul of the shows and they will be poorer for not having you up the front.
When you total up hotels and travel costs it certainly would. Would this not be a reasonable proposal to put to Alice's management? A travel package with coach travel, hotel and tickets all included..presuming they could get enough interest. Would be a cool package...I'd certainly look into this and see if it could be arranged, throw in a meet and greet with Alice and I'm sure there would be a good level of interest.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:41 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:Bigbradwolf makes an excellent point in that there are clearly people here who essentially go on tour with Alice and see all his shows. In fact, the combined cost of their tickets means they probably shell out more cash than some of the 'VIPs' that will sit in front of them.

When you total up hotels and travel costs it certainly would. Would this not be a reasonable proposal to put to Alice's management? A travel package with coach travel, hotel and tickets all included..presuming they could get enough interest. Would be a cool package...I'd certainly look into this and see if it could be arranged, throw in a meet and greet with Alice and I'm sure there would be a good level of interest.
Well they do read these posts so you never know (I think the ticket package would have been workable at the very least). It's sad though that this hasn't been accommodated already, it's not like selling concert tickets to ardent fans is something that started in 2016.

I still prefer my idea of an intimate gig at a bar or something.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:52 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:When you total up hotels and travel costs it certainly would. Would this not be a reasonable proposal to put to Alice's management? A travel package with coach travel, hotel and tickets all included..presuming they could get enough interest. Would be a cool package...I'd certainly look into this and see if it could be arranged, throw in a meet and greet with Alice and I'm sure there would be a good level of interest.
Iron Maiden used to do this through their fan club, maybe still do - coaches, hotels, and gig tickets all included in the price. So the model exists, and whatever company they use (I forget offhand) was well known/reputable. It was mostly for one-off or foreign gigs - rather than the full UK tour - but I suspect for Alice (and no disservice meant) you might only need a minibus...

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:01 pm

jram wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:When you total up hotels and travel costs it certainly would. Would this not be a reasonable proposal to put to Alice's management? A travel package with coach travel, hotel and tickets all included..presuming they could get enough interest. Would be a cool package...I'd certainly look into this and see if it could be arranged, throw in a meet and greet with Alice and I'm sure there would be a good level of interest.
Iron Maiden used to do this through their fan club, maybe still do - coaches, hotels, and gig tickets all included in the price. So the model exists, and whatever company they use (I forget offhand) was well known/reputable. It was mostly for one-off or foreign gigs - rather than the full UK tour - but I suspect for Alice (and no disservice meant) you might only need a minibus...
I'm sure the people paying £450 for the VIP experience would fork out £1k for the whole tour, as I say if you were to throw in the meet and greet with Alice you'd get a lot more interest in the whole tour idea I reckon.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:04 pm

bigbradwolf wrote: I'm sure the people paying £450 for the VIP experience would fork out £1k for the whole tour, as I say if you were to throw in the meet and greet with Alice you'd get a lot more interest in the whole tour idea I reckon.
It's not the people paying for VIPS that are the ones that go to all the shows.We can deal with transport and hotels, always have. It's getting the good tickets that's the issue.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Si wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote: I'm sure the people paying £450 for the VIP experience would fork out £1k for the whole tour, as I say if you were to throw in the meet and greet with Alice you'd get a lot more interest in the whole tour idea I reckon.
It's not the people paying for VIPS that are the ones that go to all the shows.We can deal with transport and hotels, always have. It's getting the good tickets that's the issue.
No I understand that, it's merely a suggestion where a package for good seats could be offered to everyone who wants to go to every show. However I'm hoping they don't have seated gigs after this one.