For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by Si » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:58 pm

The best tickets I've seen up for sale on secondary market so far is row E, and I'm not convinced they actually have them as they disappear as "sold" after a few seconds, but when you refresh a couple of times the same tickets are available again, so I think it's a scam to push you into buying something else in desperation..

All we can hope is that something better shows up over the next two days, but after sitting here searching, clicking, and answering emails for help (which I obviously can`t give) for the past 12 hours I'm just about done in.

jmadsen
Trash
Trash

Post by jmadsen » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:00 pm

We have always loved to see Alice in UK, but we give up :(

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Appears I got very lucky with my presale ticket by the sounds of it. Seems to be front row in Manchester but off to the side.

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

Post by GAZZ » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Iron Maiden have taken there own measures to stop ticket touts and scalping sites for there 2017 tour . i personally think its one of the best ideas iv seen . check this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37438005

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Today saw presales on the official site, and for O2 and SSE customers.
Tomorrow there are presales on Ticketmaster, AXS, and the venue websites.
General sale is Friday.

So, that's seven places you need to look in search of a decent seat, with access limited for some of the presales (and an Amex allocation you'll never see), plus StubHub, Getmein, and whatever other secondary sites (and Ticketmaster-endorsed subsidiaries/affiliates) will be touting tickets.

I can't be alone in thinking if it was anyone other than Alice I wouldn't bother. This has sucked all the joy out the tour announcement, and is burning goodwill from the fans who invest the most time and loyalty. Almost to the point of thinking maybe it's not worth it.

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:26 pm

GAZZ wrote:Iron Maiden have taken there own measures to stop ticket touts and scalping sites for there 2017 tour . i personally think its one of the best ideas iv seen . check this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37438005
Yes! We are seeing maiden in May! And this is great that they are trying to stop the touts!! And even though there is a VIP package, it's still a standing gig at The hydro! So happy to queue throughout the day for a spot near the front.

And again Kiss have a ridiculous VIP package but also a standing gig at The Hydro!

i have nothing against the VIP package even if it includes a ticket... but who's mad idea was it to make it all seated!!
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:32 pm

jram wrote:Today saw presales on the official site, and for O2 and SSE customers.
Tomorrow there are presales on Ticketmaster, AXS, and the venue websites.
General sale is Friday.

So, that's seven places you need to look in search of a decent seat, with access limited for some of the presales (and an Amex allocation you'll never see), plus StubHub, Getmein, and whatever other secondary sites (and Ticketmaster-endorsed subsidiaries/affiliates) will be touting tickets.

I can't be alone in thinking if it was anyone other than Alice I wouldn't bother. This has sucked all the joy out the tour announcement, and is burning goodwill from the fans who invest the most time and loyalty. Almost to the point of thinking maybe it's not worth it.
Yup I agree.

I went to the Halloween show all those years ago in Glasgow and got decent tickets no problem for about £40. This time was a nightmare and im not that chuffed with my tickets I have but I bought them in fear that they are only going to get worse. Will keep an eye out for better tickets but deflated inside and lost the excitement I had when I seen the announcement last night.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 pm

jram wrote: I can't be alone in thinking if it was anyone other than Alice I wouldn't bother. This has sucked all the joy out the tour announcement, and is burning goodwill from the fans who invest the most time and loyalty. Almost to the point of thinking maybe it's not worth it.
I was writing a post when your post came up. You are exactly right. I would NOT go through this for ANYONE but Alice.

Your mention of there being so many different outlets, even just official ones like the venues and company pre-sales, brings up another thing that is frustrating for some of us.

How can you be on so many sites at the same time trying to get decent tickets for all the shows? You simply can`t. If you score on one, you likely lose on the others.
It wouldn`t be the first time I've bought tickets thinking "well, it looks like that`s the best I'll get" only to find front row available the following day, or even later the same day. It's madness.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:55 pm

ElectedPlus wrote:Are we sure Birmingham is seated? The arena layout looks like it isn't, and the tickets it continually offers is Block B, Row Z, 3 + 4 on the floor ....
----edit---
forget it. deffinetly seated. offered row R...no seating plan on there though
Is this any help to anyone going to Birmingham concert?

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/bi ... g-plan.htm
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Scottdawg
Trash
Trash

Post by Scottdawg » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:18 am

Hello. Been a lurker a long time but never posted. (I guess I'm shy).

Been to see Alice every time he's been in Glasgow for nearly 20 years, but looks like i'm going to skip this one. The decision for this tour to be entirely seated is ridiculous. Venues this size can easily accomodate standing and seating. I think Alice has said in the past he prefers seated venues so the show feels more theatrical, which is fair enough in smaller venues, but there's no way you can have a theatrical experience in the enormodomes on this tour.

The ticketing is a slap in the face to fans. Previously AC.com had great seats on the presale, the ones available now are shocking. I know from Kyler's post not everyone behind the scenes is in favour of the way this has been handled, but its a sad state of affairs that the long term fans can't get a decent seat without having to check 7-8 different presales or paying a fortune for a VIP package.

I'm sure the show will be great, but sorely disappointed with the way this has been organised.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:41 am

Scottdawg wrote:Hello. Been a lurker a long time but never posted. (I guess I'm shy).

Been to see Alice every time he's been in Glasgow for nearly 20 years, but looks like i'm going to skip this one. The decision for this tour to be entirely seated is ridiculous. Venues this size can easily accomodate standing and seating. I think Alice has said in the past he prefers seated venues so the show feels more theatrical, which is fair enough in smaller venues, but there's no way you can have a theatrical experience in the enormodomes on this tour.

The ticketing is a slap in the face to fans. Previously AC.com had great seats on the presale, the ones available now are shocking. I know from Kyler's post not everyone behind the scenes is in favour of the way this has been handled, but its a sad state of affairs that the long term fans can't get a decent seat without having to check 7-8 different presales or paying a fortune for a VIP package.

I'm sure the show will be great, but sorely disappointed with the way this has been organised.
Greetings!

You've hit the nail on the head! I would have gone to four or five of these shows but I'm now thinking about doing just the local one in Brum with family and Leeds with mates. Whilst I'll enjoy the show whether I am in the front row or the back row I can't help but think it's going to be a very subdued atmosphere. I've always been a massive fan of the Alice pre-sale as you say they have always provided very good seats (in standing only venues) but there is that many pre-sales I'd worry about getting anything at all by the time they go on general sale on Friday.
As a die hard Alice nut I kind of feel like a modern day football fan where you are just a customer and not a supporter. There's a lot on here that do all the shows, every tour because we simply have to see Alice as much as possible. As has been mentioned the initial excitement of the tour being announced has kind of diminished a bit with the sad way the tickets have been distributed.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:11 am

This is why I have seen Alice once in the past 5 years. The shows near me are always seated and the good seats are gone immediately. My single show this year was one I could get GA for. Used to be so much easier to get good seats.

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

2 questions on 2017 tour

Post by danielleV » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:18 am

Hi there; i just saw as i can see, no France date?the 2017 dates announced, and i see no France date? Si, do you know something about this? no hope?
2/ I plan to go to London show but what is the difference between "Spend the night with Alice Cooper" show, and "Alice Cooper With Special Guests The Mission and The Tubes "?
Thank you.
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:22 am

Anyone have any joy in today's presales?
Hydro site offered me block 005 row U (block closest stage, central one of three) but I released the ticket and it then tried five or six times to pap me away off to the side and at the back, before finally offering me another block 005 ticket, row S.

Long story short, I've had to buy a second ticket (after the AC.com one yesterday), but I'm now in row 17 instead of row 30.

I'll try general sale tomorrow, but so far I already have one ticket more than I need. Block 008, row FF if anyone wants to buy it - in front of the mixing desk, so theoretically that's where the sound should be best.
Last edited by jram on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:25 am

lucky i stumbled across this thread, i didn't see any announcement anywhere about a tour. sad it's only 5 shows, and - yet again - my ticket cost will be complemented w/ another £80 petrol or so, ffs.
managed to get Row H in one of the blocks on the Hydro floor so about as good as i could hope for, i think ~ i say Think, cos the 3D-ish view seems different to the floor plan layout if you have a look at the VIP stuff :-/
i get the feeling there'll be more added, which will be very annoying if he announces Newcastle later, but you don't want to take the risk of waiting and missing out if nowt else appears.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:28 am

jram wrote:Anyone have any joy in today's presales?
Hydro site offered me block 005 (block closest stage, central one of three) but I released the ticket and it then tried five or six times to pap me away off to the side and at the back, before finally offering me another block 005 ticket.

Long story short, I've had to buy a second ticket (after the AC.com one yesterday), but I'm now in row 17 instead of row 30.

I'll try general sale tomorrow, but so far I already have one ticket more than I need.
I can find nothing good at any venue via ticketmaster or ASX presales.
So fed up now. Never had this much problem before.

GAZZ
Trash
Trash

Post by GAZZ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:46 am

No joy with tickets this morning as soon as ticketmaster presales went live at 9am all it was showing was

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet
Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at Ticket Centres or the box office

on all venues . have to wait till tomorrow now .

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:50 am

Si
Check your mail
It must be true A_Michael said so

Si
Dada God
Dada God