For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by rgallie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:00 am

VinceRaven wrote:Went on it at 9am via SSE Rewards presale for the Hydro - was then redirected to Ticketmaster which I thankfully already had a password for. Got Row N in 006. Hardly the most fantastic but not too bad either.

Curious choice to go all seated, but there you go.

Thanks to the vast numbers of private and corporate online touts these days, I rarely find buying tickets any kind of pleasure anymore.
Did the same at 0900 on the button and most seats where showing as sold.
Ticketmaster is horrible, tickets are not reserved once seats are selected and kept losing my seats in 006 due to the captcha (which of these is not sushi). it ended up saying sight busy and I can only use auto select to find best seats which dumped me in 012 row K.

Pretty stressful, especially since I think most the seats I got knocked back from will end up on ebay going for £100+

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:09 am

rgallie wrote:
VinceRaven wrote:Went on it at 9am via SSE Rewards presale for the Hydro - was then redirected to Ticketmaster which I thankfully already had a password for. Got Row N in 006. Hardly the most fantastic but not too bad either.

Curious choice to go all seated, but there you go.

Thanks to the vast numbers of private and corporate online touts these days, I rarely find buying tickets any kind of pleasure anymore.
Did the same at 0900 on the button and most seats where showing as sold.
Ticketmaster is horrible, tickets are not reserved once seats are selected and kept losing my seats in 006 due to the captcha (which of these is not sushi). it ended up saying sight busy and I can only use auto select to find best seats which dumped me in 012 row K.

Pretty stressful, especially since I think most the seats I got knocked back from will end up on ebay going for £100+
I just went for the first two it gave me as they seemed OK. I completely agree about the stresses of getting tickets these days, which is only made worse by the ones that subsequently appear on eBay and the secondary ticketing sites.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 am

There's already tons of tickets supposedly available on tout sites.... it's a joke.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:49 am

Any idea what the various VIP options will cost? I'd consider paying the extra for a good seat, no interest in being stuck twenty rows (or further) back and off to the side.

Sticks in the craw that they have us over a barrel like this.

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:05 pm

The resale of these tickets on sites like Getmein is disgusting and pure touting, and what makes it worse, these sites legitimise the Touts.
Considering how far in the future this gig is, I can't believe how Ticketmaster can deem resale of this seats as legitimate, have all these people bought tickets in advance and then realised they can't go next November!!!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Unfortunately it appears getmein has the monopoly as they are effectively ticketmaster. They just handpick the best seats, increase the value by tenfold and then entice the die hards to over spend. As I normally do most of the dates I'm half tempted to go VIP for one of the five shows but then at the same time it feels as though you're succumbing to the extortionate cost of the experience. I paid about £300 to meet Alice and go VIP about five years ago and I have to say it was truly amazing but it for me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity as I'm not on megabucks. Judging by the cost of the USA VIP's this potentially will cost twice as much.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm looking to go ViP at one show but would happily do without the online store voucher for a slightly cheaper cost. There's also the fact that if I go my wife will insist on having a ticket too so it becomes crazy money :nono:
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:40 pm

Hey guys. Not sure what went on here, but most of you know my feelings on these big box ticket sellers. It is never fair to the fans, and they really don't care who buys the tickets or even if the venue is full. Anyway I'm not sure if this is a link issue or if it's an availability issue. try this direct link - http://www.axs.com/uk/series/3681/alice ... =aegliveuk

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:55 pm

alicebackstage wrote:Hey guys. Not sure what went on here, but most of you know my feelings on these big box ticket sellers. It is never fair to the fans, and they really don't care who buys the tickets or even if the venue is full. Anyway I'm not sure if this is a link issue or if it's an availability issue. try this direct link - http://www.axs.com/uk/series/3681/alice ... =aegliveuk
Thanks Kyler. That wasn`t the link on the AC.com site all day.
Checking tickets now, there doesn`t seem to be anything near the front available at any of the shows.
Maybe they are saving them for themselves tomorrow...

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:01 pm

Utter debacle. I'm not forking out best part of £60 (which is what it comes to after 'convenience fees' - HA!) for a seat 24 rows back on a flat floor; I'm not that tall and I won't see anything.

Will check pre-sales tomorrow in the hope of something better.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:07 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:Utter debacle. I'm not forking out best part of £60 (which is what it comes to after 'convenience fees' - HA!) for a seat 24 rows back on a flat floor; I'm not that tall and I won't see anything.

This is what I'm being offered:
Leeds: back of the second block back at the very far right of the stage and an angle. EDIT: Now front block 20 rows back...
Manchester: Back block up the right side, right up in the gods above the stage
Birmingham: Better, 20 rows back on the flat floor...
Glasgow: Second block back, and waaaay at the back of it on flat floor
Wembley: NOTHING AT ALL

Love the "fan club service fee" as well..

Nope.. not happy. Sorry Kyler, I KNOW it isn`t you guys fault, but this sucks.

And why are they even seated shows?!?!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm not an old timer, but even I remember the good old days of knowing that if you got a ticket and then arrived at the venue 3 or 4 hours before doors then you'd more than likely be standing right at the front against the barrier. Bournemouth 2007 was great as the venue let us in to a warm area and then made sure we got in first.

I know times change, and that there are probably good reasons for this, but it does suck.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Si wrote:
sparkinthedark wrote:Utter debacle. I'm not forking out best part of £60 (which is what it comes to after 'convenience fees' - HA!) for a seat 24 rows back on a flat floor; I'm not that tall and I won't see anything.

This is what I'm being offered:
Leeds: back of the second block back at the very far right of the stage and an angle.
Manchester: Back block up the right side, right up in the gods above the stage
Birmingham: Better, 20 rows back on the flat floor...
Glasgow: Second block back, and waaaay at the back of it on flat floor
Wembley: NOTHING AT ALL

Love the "fan club service fee" as well..

Nope.. not happy. Sorry Kyler, I KNOW it isn`t you guys fault, but this sucks.

And why are they even seated shows?!?!

Echoing the big, fat WHY on the seated thing, Si; even one of the biggest money-grabbers out there (mentioning no names but they wear a lot of make up) are doing GA over here. I know Coop fans in the USA have had to do this reserved seating malarkey since pretty much forever but it's utterly ridiculous now with the sheer amount of pre-sales ranging from which credit card you hold to who supplies your gas. The 'Money Before Music' mentality has been encroaching for a long time and it seems to have peaked.

It sucks a giant, wet bird.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:23 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:

Echoing the big, fat WHY on the seated thing, Si; even one of the biggest money-grabbers out there (mentioning no names but they wear a lot of make up) are doing GA over here. I know Coop fans in the USA have had to do this reserved seating malarkey since pretty much forever but it's utterly ridiculous now with the sheer amount of pre-sales ranging from which credit card you hold to who supplies your gas. The 'Money Before Music' mentality has been encroaching for a long time and it seems to have peaked.

It sucks a giant, wet bird.
When it looked like it was seated yesterday I said to you, no, wait and see, his has happened before. It's probably just placeholder images etc.
Stunned that it's all seated, and now this fiasco.

Where have all the tickets gone? Wembley has NOTHING AT ALL?? Apparent 02 and SEE presales didn`t have decent seats, maybe the Ticketmaster presale? AXS presale?
At least there's a year to see something turns up on ebay or similar.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:31 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:Echoing the big, fat WHY on the seated thing, Si; even one of the biggest money-grabbers out there (mentioning no names but they wear a lot of make up) are doing GA over here. (...) It's utterly ridiculous now with the sheer amount of pre-sales ranging from which credit card you hold to who supplies your gas. The 'Money Before Music' mentality has been encroaching for a long time and it seems to have peaked.
I sorely miss the days when you could buy good concert tickets by being up early and waiting in line - not this bullshit now, where you need to guess which of three corporate presales (launching at different times) or the general release sale might have decent tickets, or where the best seats are reserved for the fans with the most money. There is no joy in it whatsoever, just frustration and exorbitant fees.

I've bought the one ticket I need, for Glasgow, and think I should probably have bought a pair in order to have a better chance of reselling them (it) if I manage to get something better on general sale.

NINE QUID in fees and charges and postage, to be at the back of what (ordinarily) would be the standing area. Absolutely sucks that this is all seated.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Si wrote:When it looked like it was seated yesterday I said to you, no, wait and see, his has happened before. It's probably just placeholder images etc.
Stunned that it's all seated, and now this fiasco.

Where have all the tickets gone? Wembley has NOTHING AT ALL?? Apparent 02 and SEE presales didn`t have decent seats, maybe the Ticketmaster presale? AXS presale?
At least there's a year to see something turns up on ebay or similar.

Indeed, and I was clinging to the sliver of hope that we'd been there before and common sodding sense had always prevailed and shows were sold as GA.

As you say, someone must have all the seats - I find it very odd that Wembley supposedly has nothing at all. Alice is hardly the hottest ticket in town when it comes to filling arenas, after all.

It's very depressing that my first posts back on these boards in well over a year (possibly two?) are because of this fiasco. :/
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:37 pm

My worst fears yesterday confirmed! £500 for a front row seat!! Come on!! This has totally Priced us guys out!! Nothing available remotely near the front at any gig so far. 27 years I've been going to Alice gigs... pretty much every UK show since I was 15 & ive never known such an utter shambles regarding tickets!! Add to that the gigs are 11 months away!!
Kiss have their ridiculously priced VIP packages... but at least their uk tour is a standing event allowing those who want to get near the front the opportunity! Whose idea was it anyway to make this tour a seated arena tour?? Hugely disappointed.
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:38 pm

I went with AXS presale (I think - the AEG Live one linked to from the official site), and the best it could give me was 32 rows away from the stage...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:40 pm

jram wrote:I went with AXS presale (I think - the AEG Live one linked to from the official site), and the best it could give me was 32 rows away from the stage...
No, AXS have their OWN seperate presale starting tomorrow, as does ticketbastard.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Si wrote:
jram wrote:I went with AXS presale (I think - the AEG Live one linked to from the official site), and the best it could give me was 32 rows away from the stage...
No, AXS have their OWN seperate presale starting tomorrow, as does ticketbastard.
Unbelievable. I didn't even know the company existed until today, and now there's a chance that they'll be the ones with the best (non VIP) tickets! :-/

Long gone are the days when (in 2001) I phoned up the Edinburgh Playhouse direct and asked for a seat "somewhere near the front" - got second row in the stalls. This is poor, I don't want to be half a mile from the stage, and from the very start I'm already priced out of the first ten rows.