Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by Maaki » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Maaki wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:The artist can decide whether they want to fleece their fans with a quick few minutes photo op. Where's the integrity?
No one is forced to pony up. I guess you don't want to, and that is fine by me.

You use such harsh words. Do you think there was integrity back in the day? When record companies sold 2 penny records for a pound?

If anything this new order puts the little money there is circulating closer to the artitst. But I guess that can't be good either, since it isn't the early 70's amirite?

No one is forced to pony up? They are if they want the great seats they used to get in the past for a fraction of the cost. You think there is " little " money in this? As far as the record companies two wrongs don't make a right. Alice Live and for the Wealthy would make a good lp. Maybe on one of those $30 sticks with no encore.
No one is forced to want great seats, though, are they?

Spend more, get more. If you have a problem with that, be my guest, but please don't try and argue that any one is forced to spend it. It is completely voluntary and thus by definition it is not forced. Past is past, in the past BB was bloody hot, too.

"Alice live for the wealthy" as a title and all that implicates? Oh, cry me.

As for two wrongs making right, you asked for integrity and I responded that there has never been too much of it in the show business, but pricing structures are hardly immoral. There is limited number of first row seats for example. Tell me how to spread them with integrity? Fastest served? That is not integrity. Some one always has an advantage and money is the way stuff is spread in this society. You don't have to like it, but don't make it out to be about integrity because it is not.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:29 am

From pitkin88:
"No one is forced to pony up? They are if they want the great seats they used to get in the past for a fraction of the cost."

With respect, you are now moving the goal - posts because prior to this, you had not referred to "the great seats". This is because that issue is a recent development. Your complaint is and has always been, with the concept of "meet n fleece", as you referred to it.

>You think there is " little " money in this?

I agree with you about that.

> Alice Live and for the Wealthy would make a good lp.

Is this the right place to fight a class war?

>Maybe on one of those $30 sticks with no encore.

I don't know what that means.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:13 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Maybe on one of those $30 sticks with no encore.

I don't know what that means.
Think he's referring to those USB sticks that you could buy at the end of some shows. You could get the encore, but usually had to download it at a later date.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:08 pm

From wind_up_toy:
"Think he's referring to those USB sticks that you could buy at the end of some shows. You could get the encore, but usually had to download it at a later date."

It was the discs on the next tour which had that issue not the tour with the format he referred to and as you say, that was quite quickly dealt with.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:49 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From wind_up_toy:
"Think he's referring to those USB sticks that you could buy at the end of some shows. You could get the encore, but usually had to download it at a later date."

It was the discs on the next tour which had that issue not the tour with the format he referred to and as you say, that was quite quickly dealt with.
I don't think it was necessarily an issue, more a logistical challenge too far to include the encores so soon after the shows. All the Theatre of Death USB's that I have featured a sticker on the box pointing you where to go to download the encores.

I do recall there were issues with the content on some of the No More Mr Nice Guy CDs.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Well the tour starts next weekend I can't wait to see what tweaking the setlist will have done...if what I've been hearing is correct, we will hopefully see at least one song to represent the 30th anniversary of Raise Your Fist and Yell...I assumed that world needs guts will drop (since it represented the 30th anniversary of Constrictor last year) and perhaps that song will fill in the void but I could be completely wrong...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:51 pm

From wind_up_toy:
"I don't think it was necessarily an issue, more a logistical challenge too far to include the encores so soon after the shows. All the Theatre of Death USB's that I have featured a sticker on the box pointing you where to go to download the encores."

Yes, that vaguely rings a bell now, so you're right, which means the complaint wasn't reasonable.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:58 pm

"I don't think it was necessarily an issue, more a logistical challenge too far to include the encores so soon after the shows. All the Theatre of Death USB's that I have featured a sticker on the box pointing you where to go to download the encores."

Yes, that vaguely rings a bell now, so you're right, which means the complaint wasn't reasonable.
Nope, they were decent releases and an innvovative idea by the producer.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:13 pm

From wind_up_toy:
"Nope,"

I was referring to the comment from pitkin88 not your comment.

>they were decent releases

I thought so too.

>and an innvovative idea by the producer.

Had it not been done before though?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:21 pm

"Nope,"

>and an innvovative idea by the producer.

Had it not been done before though?
I've no doubt they were not used for the first time at Alice shows, they would have been the first exposure for many members of this forum though. I prefered the USB sticks to the CD's.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:23 pm

From wind_up_toy:
"I prefered the USB sticks to the CD's."

Yes. The packaging was nicer, although very simple.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:34 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Well the tour starts next weekend I can't wait to see what tweaking the setlist will have done...if what I've been hearing is correct, we will hopefully see at least one song to represent the 30th anniversary of Raise Your Fist and Yell...I assumed that world needs guts will drop (since it represented the 30th anniversary of Constrictor last year) and perhaps that song will fill in the void but I could be completely wrong...

Nita hinted at FREEDOM,so I say that song is in.

Would love the trilogy of Chop, Chop, Chop / Gale / Roses On White Lace instead of the covers section but one can dream.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Well the tour starts next weekend I can't wait to see what tweaking the setlist will have done...if what I've been hearing is correct, we will hopefully see at least one song to represent the 30th anniversary of Raise Your Fist and Yell...I assumed that world needs guts will drop (since it represented the 30th anniversary of Constrictor last year) and perhaps that song will fill in the void but I could be completely wrong...

Would love the trilogy of Chop, Chop, Chop / Gale / Roses On White Lace instead of the covers section but one can dream.
Well Freedom is my all-time favorite song so to see it live finally will be a treat to say the least...I've seen bootlegged versions of the Live in the Flesh Tour 87-88 and it phenomenal...

Now as for the "Trilogy," to see that done live as well visually brought to life, I could see Sheryl doing the role of the "lady of the night" and Alice as "The Ripper" in Chop Chop Chop, then going into Gail, then ending with Roses on White Lace...but who knows what is planned...just as long as the album has representation on this tour, I will be happy....

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:06 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:

Well Freedom is my all-time favorite song so to see it live finally will be a treat to say the least...I've seen bootlegged versions of the Live in the Flesh Tour 87-88 and it phenomenal...

Now as for the "Trilogy," to see that done live as well visually brought to life, I could see Sheryl doing the role of the "lady of the night" and Alice as "The Ripper" in Chop Chop Chop, then going into Gail, then ending with Roses on White Lace...but who knows what is planned...just as long as the album has representation on this tour, I will be happy....
Sticking with last years set and taking out the covers this would be a great show

The Black Widow
I'm Eighteen
Public Animal #9
Billion Dollar Babies
Long Way to Go
Is It My Body
The World Needs Guts
Woman of Mass Distraction
Poison
Halo of Flies
Feed My Frankenstein
Cold Ethyl
Chop Chop Chop
Gail
Roses On White Lace
Only Women Bleed
Guilty
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Killer
I Love the Dead
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Schools Out
Freedom
Under My Wheels

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:08 am

A picture discussing set lists on Facebook is doing the rounds with a comment from Nita:
"Hey I heard you missed us, we're baaaaack. Working out the new songs Coop wants to add to the show today. (Kyler captured the exact look on my face when a song I wanted didn't make the set list this time around) Dress rehearsal on stage tomorrow, first show on Friday."

My guess would be if they are only discussing setlist changes a couple of days beforehand I wouldn't expect many surprises in the setlist.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 am

Yeah the song she is more than likely referring to was Freedom...it had been rumored to being possibly added but now it looks DOA...what a shame...30th anniversary of Raise Your Fist and Yell and it gets no love...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 am

bigbradwolf wrote:A picture discussing set lists on Facebook is doing the rounds with a comment from Nita:
"Hey I heard you missed us, we're baaaaack. Working out the new songs Coop wants to add to the show today. (Kyler captured the exact look on my face when a song I wanted didn't make the set list this time around) Dress rehearsal on stage tomorrow, first show on Friday."

My guess would be if they are only discussing setlist changes a couple of days beforehand I wouldn't expect many surprises in the setlist.
You'd be surprised at some of the songs the band were asked to learn this time (and no, I'm not at liberty to say what they were/are, sorry).
Of course they are always asked to learn new songs before a tour, but few actually get in the setlist, which is a shame.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Yeah the song she is more than likely referring to was Freedom...it had been rumored to being possibly added but now it looks DOA...what a shame...30th anniversary of Raise Your Fist and Yell and it gets no love...
She tried hee hardest to get it in and going by the hints she was giving was pretty sure it had a shot only to find out today the coop had other ideas at the end of the day the final call is his.

I don't think he reslly knows how many people have wanted the trilogy or anything from ryfay to make a set it would go down better than he may currently think.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 am

I don't think he reslly knows how many people have wanted the trilogy or anything from ryfay to make a set it would go down better than he may currently think.
I would be rather surprised if he didn't, given the number of people that say they brought it up at a MnG and discussed it with him.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 am

Si wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:A picture discussing set lists on Facebook is doing the rounds with a comment from Nita:

You'd be surprised at some of the songs the band were asked to learn this time (and no, I'm not at liberty to say what they were/are, sorry).
Of course they are always asked to learn new songs before a tour, but few actually get in the setlist, which is a shame.
I guess a lot of it boils down to what Coop is comfortable in singing at his age. I'd really love to see Wind Up Toy live but I've already come to accept I'll never see it! :(