Why did the Vampires never play in the UK?

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NikToo
Trash
Trash

Why did the Vampires never play in the UK?

Post by NikToo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:07 pm

I'm sort of a returning Sickthing-reader, so not sure if this has been covered before, but with Alice always seeming to be a bit of a UK-phile, how come the Hollywood Vampires never played in the UK? Hopefully he'll be here in 2017 as my kids really want to see him as well.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Why did the Vampires never play in the UK?

Post by Si » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:26 pm

NikToo wrote:I'm sort of a returning Sickthing-reader, so not sure if this has been covered before, but with Alice always seeming to be a bit of a UK-phile, how come the Hollywood Vampires never played in the UK? Hopefully he'll be here in 2017 as my kids really want to see him as well.
If the offers from promoters weren`t there, there isn`t much Alice can do. Same as him (on HV) playing anywhere else. AC doesn`t decide such things.

There could be a connection to the Stone Free show contract stating it would be Alice's only UK performance this year, which could have been seen as stretching to the Vampires shows as well, but that's just conjecture on my part.

NikToo
Trash
Trash

Re: Why did the Vampires never play in the UK?

Post by NikToo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Seemed they had enough attention in the media, even before the Johnny Depp debacle. Too bad, would have been fun to see, and would have been my first AC gig with my kids.