Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat May 14, 2016 9:41 pm

If you think about it... in some way... The setlist (Not counting the addition of WOMD) is kind of disrespectful to his band...

I mean, You've got two guys whom you've already worked with in albums and you don't play songs from that albums? It is like saying their work was pointless

You hire a total badass shredder who could bring glory to those past eighties songs from albums as RYFAY or Constrictor and you don't use that special set of skills she owns

You've got one of the five fastest drummers in the circuit who could also help revive those songs (specially the ones maimed by the drum machine)

You've got a third guitarist who is very versatile, who has been involved in many music styles such as pop, punk, rock, etc. Who could add a lot to songs that could generally not being played live (Dada, Flush the fashion.Special Forces)

And yet... the setlist remains pretty much classic.

I Mean, if you've got this in mind... Alice should better get rid of Chuck and bring Dennis, Out with Sobel and bring Smith.

Not to be disrespectful to the originals (I love them, and I love when they work together) but if you have a current band... make the most of them. I'm sure there is a reason why they were hired and it was not because they could do what others have already done

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun May 15, 2016 2:15 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:If you think about it... in some way... The setlist (Not counting the addition of WOMD) is kind of disrespectful to his band...

I mean, You've got two guys whom you've already worked with in albums and you don't play songs from that albums? It is like saying their work was pointless

You hire a total badass shredder who could bring glory to those past eighties songs from albums as RYFAY or Constrictor and you don't use that special set of skills she owns

You've got one of the five fastest drummers in the circuit who could also help revive those songs (specially the ones maimed by the drum machine)

You've got a third guitarist who is very versatile, who has been involved in many music styles such as pop, punk, rock, etc. Who could add a lot to songs that could generally not being played live (Dada, Flush the fashion.Special Forces)

And yet... the setlist remains pretty much classic.

I Mean, if you've got this in mind... Alice should better get rid of Chuck and bring Dennis, Out with Sobel and bring Smith.

Not to be disrespectful to the originals (I love them, and I love when they work together) but if you have a current band... make the most of them. I'm sure there is a reason why they were hired and it was not because they could do what others have already done
Stage presence/style has nothing to do with "The Show"? Work the songs in, if (and when) they work with the presentation.
When you're the Road Manager or Shep, you can call the shots! How deep are your pockets? A ticket price? Enjoy the show!! :headcutoff:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun May 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:And yet... the setlist remains pretty much classic.
While I hear what you're saying, this can be said for many, MANY other acts on tour right now, not just Alice. Bottom line, if you add a new song, what old "proven" song gets taken out? Do you sacrifice No More Mr. Nice Guy or Under My Wheels for a newer song that leaves some audience members scratching their heads? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear a setlist completely devoid of anything I've heard before, but it would be weird not hearing the songs that *made* Alice or songs that work really well for the theatrical component. Most people going to the show are not diehards, and there's a HUGE slice of folks coming to the show for the first time. Who do you cater to? No one is ever going to get the setlist that is agreed upon by everyone. Just seems logical to keep things familiar and tweak a bit as you go.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun May 15, 2016 7:41 pm

I have to ask - it that the original toy box from 1975?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr9bo8CIDP0
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sun May 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Shoesalesman wrote: Bottom line, if you add a new song, what old "proven" song gets taken out?
The ones that are old and proven but by another artist. :evil:

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Mon May 16, 2016 6:02 am

Does anyone else get the impression that Alice is paying homage to Frank N Furter from 'The Rocky Horror Show' during "The Black Widow"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcJMuuhDYc
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 16, 2016 9:30 am

From Dannorama:
"I have to ask - it that the original toy box from 1975?"

No.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 16, 2016 9:34 am

From suziginajackson:
"Does anyone else get the impression that Alice is paying homage to Frank N Furter from 'The Rocky Horror Show' during "The Black Widow"?"

Are you referring to the cape? If so, then no.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue May 17, 2016 10:39 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Dannorama:
"I have to ask - it that the original toy box from 1975?"

No.
Thanks, Andy. I couldn't imagine that it would have stayed intact all that time. They did a good job recreating it!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 17, 2016 11:40 am

From Dannorama:
"They did a good job recreating it!"

I think so too. I sent in as many pictures as I could which showed as much detail as possible including the inside of the box as well.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Tue May 17, 2016 7:41 pm

The first (official) review of the tour that I have seen - Lynn Memorial Auditorium, MA
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed May 18, 2016 12:35 am

If the cape is an homage to anyone, which I doubt it is, I would think it would be to Vincent Price.

Daveyy
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Daveyy » Wed May 18, 2016 12:38 am

suziginajackson wrote:The first (official) review of the tour that I have seen - Lynn Memorial Auditorium, MA
Dreadful. Probably should've payed more attention haha!
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:29 pm

I looked the VIP tickets the last week, and it was available for all the shows, and now all of the European shows are Sold Out. Is it possible that all of the shows went to sold out in 5 days, or can it be a website failure? :x ::((: :/ :blush:
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:12 pm

i've been VIP twice and both times surprised how many had turned up, but for EVERY date, perhaps it's more likely the VIP stuff has been cancelled?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:11 pm

killer wolf wrote:i've been VIP twice and both times surprised how many had turned up, but for EVERY date, perhaps it's more likely the VIP stuff has been cancelled?
VIP Upgrade is available (or was 2 days ago when I checked). It's the VIP package that includes a concert ticket that is sold out. Not entirely which he was referring to. At the time of his posting, he could still buy a MnG.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Daveyy
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Daveyy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:05 am

Does anyone know if there were any changes to the set list/show at all last night?
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:16 am

It looks like Ace of Spades has been added to the covers, but other than that it doesn't appear so. awaiting some confirmation though

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:18 pm

Si wrote:It looks like Ace of Spades has been added to the covers, but other than that it doesn't appear so. awaiting some confirmation though
LOL
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:51 am

Daveyy wrote:Does anyone know if there were any changes to the set list/show at all last night?
Si wrote:It looks like Ace of Spades has been added to the covers, but other than that it doesn't appear so. awaiting some confirmation though
According to the Setlist.fm site, there is very little change to the set that he has played for the US dates: 'Is It My Body' has been dropped. The order of 'Long Way To Go' and 'Woman Of Mass Distraction' has been changed. 'Under The Bed' has been added just before the covers section (but I am unsure whether this is the actual song from 'W2MN' or a spoken piece to introduce the 'Raise The Dead' segment) and finally a cover of the Motorhead song 'Ace Of Spades' has been added
  • Vincent Price Intro
    Black Widow
    Public Animal #9
    No More Mr Nice Guy
    Under My Wheels
    XX Is It My Body XX
    Billion Dollar Babies
    Long Way To Go
    Woman Of Mass Distraction

Poison
    Halo of Flies
    Feed My Frankenstein