Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

Post by Si » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:10 am

suziginajackson wrote:
Daveyy wrote:Does anyone know if there were any changes to the set list/show at all last night?
Si wrote:It looks like Ace of Spades has been added to the covers, but other than that it doesn't appear so. awaiting some confirmation though
According to the Setlist.fm site, there is very little change to the set that he has played for the US dates: 'Is It My Body' has been dropped. The order of 'Long Way To Go' and 'Woman Of Mass Distraction' has been changed. 'Under The Bed' has been added just before the covers section (but I am unsure whether this is the actual song from 'W2MN' or a spoken piece to introduce the 'Raise The Dead' segment) and finally a cover of the Motorhead song 'Ace Of Spades' has been added
Setlists.FM is where I saw the setlist, hence needing confirmation as their listings often start out incorrect and slowly get corrected.

I doubt very much they actually played 'Under The Bed'. It's listed before the covers section, and a short tape using the intro to the song has been used to introduce RTD for the past 4 years+ so I'm guessing that's what they mean.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Si wrote:
Setlists.FM is where I saw the setlist, hence needing confirmation as their listings often start out incorrect and slowly get corrected.

I doubt very much they actually played 'Under The Bed'. It's listed before the covers section, and a short tape using the intro to the song has been used to introduce RTD for the past 4 years+ so I'm guessing that's what they mean.
I think it's likely it was the intro tape when he was rolled out on the gurney, as well. As for Ace of Spades, yes, I believe that's accurate. Sunila did not correct it when someone said it was added (and she was at teh show). Also, it appears (handwritten in, so last minute addition?) on a setlist backstage that night, in Tommy's instagram video.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:55 pm

There's video up of Ace Of Spades now. Chuck is singing it (obviously) and it's 100x better then the Vampires messy version.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:57 am

Si wrote:There's video up of Ace Of Spades now. Chuck is singing it (obviously) and it's 100x better then the Vampires messy version.
Thanks Si but, that was the Grammys & they probably had only a couple of run throughs prior to the show. Sure, they all knew the song but was there much practice?? I doubt it.
The Vampires were more interested in presenting the Original in a better light than shooting for a "Best Performance" Grammy for "Ace Of Spades" Who's to say Lemmy would not have wanted a "Messy" Tribute. Only Lemmy has the growl & the presence to get it right & unfortunately - he's gone. RIP Lemmy!!!!!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:18 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Si wrote:There's video up of Ace Of Spades now. Chuck is singing it (obviously) and it's 100x better then the Vampires messy version.
Thanks Si but, that was the Grammys & they probably had only a couple of run throughs prior to the show. Sure, they all knew the song but was there much practice?? I doubt it.
No, I'm talking about comparing video of the current band playing it a couple of days ago in Switzerland vs the Vampires playing it on their recent European shows. Nothing to do with the Grammys performance.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:49 am

Chuck Garrick is a bass player with a good raspy voice. It's a perfect song for him. I saw the Vampires in Germany and this song didn't worked as well as the others. There was too much musicians on the stage for this pure rock tune. I check it today with Chuck in Ljubjana ;-)
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Pitta wrote:Chuck Garrick is a bass player with a good raspy voice. It's a perfect song for him. I saw the Vampires in Germany and this song didn't worked as well as the others. There was too much musicians on the stage for this pure rock tune. I check it today with Chuck in Ljubjana ;-)

Three guitars is too many?

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:55 pm

First of all, there were 4 guitars during Ace of Spades in the Vampires' show.

Second, and most important IMO. The problem with the Vampires' rendition is the voice.... they just can't play that song. Should've played Born to Raise hell,amazing song, Motorhead classic and would fit Alice perfectly.

Back to the Alice Cooper Band, I still have not seen the footage but I'm quite sure Chuck nailed the song, he is a singer who can do justice to that type of songs

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Orgasmatron might have been a better fit but not sure if he would do a song with that title.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:50 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Pitta wrote:Chuck Garrick is a bass player with a good raspy voice. It's a perfect song for him. I saw the Vampires in Germany and this song didn't worked as well as the others. There was too much musicians on the stage for this pure rock tune. I check it today with Chuck in Ljubjana ;-)

Three guitars is too many?
Three guitars are too many for a Motörhead song.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

The_Reaper
Trash
Trash

Post by The_Reaper » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:50 am

The setlist is still a little too cover heavy - it's ridiculous that he's replaced Is It My Body for another cover not even sung by him. It would be more varied if he added Grim Facts or Model Citizen; something to surprise the fans. Hopefully he changes that around before London on Saturday. Speaking of London, is it actually a full show? It says he comes on at 21:15 and the aftershow is at 22:30, I hope there's just an overlap especially with the steep price of £70!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:26 am

The_Reaper wrote:Speaking of London, is it actually a full show? It says he comes on at 21:15 and the aftershow is at 22:30, I hope there's just an overlap especially with the steep price of £70!
It damned well better be the full show!!!!!!! I haven`t seen anything suggesting it isn't and will be very pissed off if the have to cut ANYTHING.
You forgot to include the extortionate £25 just to park your car in their car park, plus the fact everything at the 02 like food and drink is double the price or more.

The_Reaper
Trash
Trash

Post by The_Reaper » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:00 am

Si wrote:It damned well better be the full show!!!!!!! I haven`t seen anything suggesting it isn't and will be very pissed off if the have to cut ANYTHING.
You forgot to include the extortionate £25 just to park your car in their car park, plus the fact everything at the 02 like food and drink is double the price or more.
My thoughts exactly - it's the fact that they've not released any finishing times either and have kept stating that the IndigO2 afterparty which no one cares about is "after the arena show". Hopefully there'll just be a slight overlap, they probably would've said if it wasn't a full show.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:22 am

The_Reaper wrote:
Si wrote:It damned well better be the full show!!!!!!! I haven`t seen anything suggesting it isn't and will be very pissed off if the have to cut ANYTHING.
My thoughts exactly - it's the fact that they've not released any finishing times either and have kept stating that the IndigO2 afterparty which no one cares about is "after the arena show". Hopefully there'll just be a slight overlap, they probably would've said if it wasn't a full show.
I'm presuming it just means that the aftershow starts AFTER the show finishes and the time on the schedule is just an approximate place holder

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Yeah I did not mention Orgasmatron because of its lyrics... I mean, he doesn't sing Bed of Nails, Imagine Orgasmatron hahaha

Daveyy
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Daveyy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Just saw a video on YouTube of the show in Slovenia. Alice played NMMNG after Black Widow instead of PA#9. Does anyone know of anymore changes? I hope Is It My Body is back in the set by the London show!!
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:28 pm

That change makes sense at least.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:03 pm

Daveyy wrote:Just saw a video on YouTube of the show in Slovenia. Alice played NMMNG after Black Widow instead of PA#9. Does anyone know of anymore changes? I hope Is It My Body is back in the set by the London show!!
That was a shorten show some some songs were dropped.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:04 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:That change makes sense at least.
I must say I think BW into PA#9 works amazingly well. Far better then I expected when I first heard about it.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:15 am

As Alice is headlining it has to be a full show especially when you consider he was announced a good few months before Blackberry Smoke and The Darkness were added.

I too will be driving to the O2 as I'll have to pick my brother up from Brighton after travelling down from The Midlands.

Having a quick look at a blog which seems to show some good tips for parking. They seem to suggest the NCP car park which is £11 per day but obviously the issue would be getting a space. I'd presume arriving Saturday morning this wouldn't be too bad but I don't know.

The £25 pre booking does seem expensive but I'm not sure I'd want the stress of trying to find an NCP car park when the 'official' ridiculously priced car park would be sign posted in an area I've never been and am completely unfamiliar with.

Anyone with any other known tips for the area in terms of parking etc I'm sure would be appreciated on all.

Anyway heres the blog: http://www.chrisrand.com/blog/2014/12/g ... tips-2014/