Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:31 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:
I'd like to make the point that when going to London mid June I will be stoked to here Public Animal #9 and Long Way To Go in particular. As the rest of the setlist goes it does sadden me that we haven't had a completely new revamped set and feel that it feels very similar to that of last year.
Ryan mentioned last night that "Long Way To Go" is in what they are looking at as a "Fan Favorite" spot. They are/have been practicing other songs, and that slot may get swapped around from night to night with different songs.

This backs up what Alongcameaspider was saying.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:13 am

pitkin88 wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:
I'd like to make the point that when going to London mid June I will be stoked to here Public Animal #9 and Long Way To Go in particular. As the rest of the setlist goes it does sadden me that we haven't had a completely new revamped set and feel that it feels very similar to that of last year.
Ryan mentioned last night that "Long Way To Go" is in what they are looking at as a "Fan Favorite" spot. They are/have been practicing other songs, and that slot may get swapped around from night to night with different songs.

This backs up what Alongcameaspider was saying.
Wow I was hoping that would be true...that means we might actually see some of these rare or unplayed songs...could be a lot of fun
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 am

From Lucius Mothem:
"Difference between Brutal/dragon tour and Raise/Spend the tour is that, Dragontown was not a strpped down Brutal Planet, they added many things, new songs and old song,"

I didn't write anything about "songs". I wrote "in terms of the visual presentation".

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed May 04, 2016 2:24 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote: Wow I was hoping that would be true...that means we might actually see some of these rare or unplayed songs...could be a lot of fun
It won't be that fun if it's at shows you don't attend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Wed May 04, 2016 7:54 pm

If the're looking for a fan favourite, then I would say Freedom :alice: And they should replace Public animal with Hey Stoopid. With this 2 songs could be this set not so bad.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:58 pm

Pitta wrote:If the're looking for a fan favourite, then I would say Freedom :alice: And they should replace Public animal with Hey Stoopid. With this 2 songs could be this set not so bad.
Freedom is my favorite song of Alice's so yes I would LOVE it to be included....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed May 04, 2016 8:20 pm

> And they should replace Public animal with Hey Stoopid. With this 2 songs could be this set not so bad.

The latter has been in the show since 2012 though.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Wed May 04, 2016 9:34 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:> And they should replace Public animal with Hey Stoopid. With this 2 songs could be this set not so bad.

The latter has been in the show since 2012 though.
Yes I know, I saw him the last 4 years 8 times live :alice:

But I think he should play Hey Stoopid every time, like Poison, No more mr. nice guy, School's out, and 18, because it's an essential hit, almost everybody knows it, and the audience enjoys it really.
Last edited by Pitta on Wed May 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed May 04, 2016 9:35 pm

My vote goes for Freedom either as an opener or an encore... And they need another song between opener and Public Animal 9, That one as a second song, doesn't work

PS: Leave Hey Stoopid alone... let it rest!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed May 04, 2016 11:05 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:My vote goes for Freedom either as an opener or an encore... And they need another song between opener and Public Animal 9, That one as a second song, doesn't work
I've only seen youtube vids but I think the switch from BW to PA#9 actually sounds amazing. Much better then I expected it to.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Wed May 04, 2016 11:36 pm

Headed into the arena soon here in Peoria. Will report back in a bit.

Looks like the Coop had a nice VIP group of 12+. Couldn't justify spending that much money.

Cheers
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed May 04, 2016 11:37 pm

Si wrote:
Lucius Morthem wrote:My vote goes for Freedom either as an opener or an encore... And they need another song between opener and Public Animal 9, That one as a second song, doesn't work
I've only seen youtube vids but I think the switch from BW to PA#9 actually sounds amazing. Much better then I expected it to.
I do like that transition too from what I've seen. Looking forward to Columbus on Friday.

I just hope that cape is flame retardant.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Thu May 05, 2016 12:25 am

T-shirts run $45 now?! Yeesh

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu May 05, 2016 12:31 am

Just put a bug in Roxie's ear about "Sunset Babies". He responded that Alice really likes that one, too. I'd be psyched to see that one back.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu May 05, 2016 12:32 am

$40 for S--XL, $45 for 2X and 3X. I was impressed that they had 3X for all of the shirts! That's a first.

Hunter

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu May 05, 2016 1:14 am

SickThings wrote:$40 for S--XL, $45 for 2X and 3X. I was impressed that they had 3X for all of the shirts! That's a first.

Hunter
Still expensive but that's common at every concert in these days ::((:

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Thu May 05, 2016 2:48 am

No surprises.

MAN- the acoustics were tough up front tonight. This was my fifth Alice show and was by far the worst audio wise. I felt bad for the first timers around me because if I didn't know what was going on I think even I would've had a hard time picking up some of the songs. Putting the blame on the arena.

Speaking of the arena... Doors opened at 7 but we couldn't make our way to our seats until 730? That was odd. Alice hit the stage about 15-20 min late.

Boy.... Not only do we get the covers.... We also get Alice rolled out on the cart with the sheet over top of him and the -same- RAISE THE DEAD audio track :yawn:

That being said, at least around me, the covers went over extremely well. Maybe the loudest the crowd got all night. Guess we are just gonna have to deal with it.

-
Over and out

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:11 am

Sparticus wrote:No surprises.

MAN- the acoustics were tough up front tonight. This was my fifth Alice show and was by far the worst audio wise. I felt bad for the first timers around me because if I didn't know what was going on I think even I would've had a hard time picking up some of the songs. Putting the blame on the arena.

Speaking of the arena... Doors opened at 7 but we couldn't make our way to our seats until 730? That was odd. Alice hit the stage about 15-20 min late.

Boy.... Not only do we get the covers.... We also get Alice rolled out on the cart with the sheet over top of him and the -same- RAISE THE DEAD audio track :yawn:

That being said, at least around me, the covers went over extremely well. Maybe the loudest the crowd got all night. Guess we are just gonna have to deal with it.

-
Over and out

covers going down well who would have thought it? Loudest all night. I am loving it.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu May 05, 2016 3:13 pm

A couple of thoughts on some recent comments. First, I love the Hey Stoopid album and I have always liked the title track. I think having a few audience participation songs in the setlist is always a good idea and Hey Stoopid always gets the crowd singing back to Alice during the chorus. I agree it works well in the set. During the Dragontown tour, I thought "Fantasy Man" went over really well with the audience shouting, "Hey, Hey" during that part of the song. I think what the user said has some validity about it being in the set, but I have to disagree on it replacing, "Public Animal Number 9." That is a great song and though hardly rare doesn't appear in the setlist that often. The problem is, in my opinion, it doesn't belong as the second song. At least at the Nashville show, the crowd went nuts when Alice came out and then he did about a minute of the Black Widow. By the time that ended, the crowd had settled down a bit, so there was a surprising lack of reaction. I thought Alice and the band transitioned into that song too fast and it didn't get the reaction I expected. Also and I may be in the minority on this one, but I don't think doing a portion of Black Widow is the best opener. I love the song but not as an opener and not as a shortened version.

I also disagree about "Long Way To Go" being interchangeable as the tour progresses. For me, as someone who has seen Alice many times that was the highlight song for me. I think that was only the second time I had heard him do that one live and that one, though not particularly rare either, was about as a rare as it gets on the current tour. If you want to put in Hey Stoopid I would place it somewhere else.

"Freedom" would be cool to add as an encore along with "Elected." I was a bit surprised there was only one Encore as I have seen many Alice shows have up to three. Putting it at the end of the show would be a great "surprising" song at the back of the show which would really appeal to the diehards in the audience.

I said this in an earlier post but I will repeat it. I like "Feed My Frankenstein" a lot personally but the song doesn't fit with this setlist that was 1970-76 with the other exception being "Poison." Poison sounded really good and once again, I really like the song personally and I will admit it got one, if not the loudest crowd reaction, but it didn't fit with the set either really. If you are going to do all early to mid 70's songs with nothing from the last 25 years, etc. including the covers then to include those two contradicts with the rest of the show.

I don't want to keep rehashing this but once again the Covers were the one thing I did not enjoy about the current show. There are just too many of them and as I said, it seemed to knock the wind out of the end of the show. I have never been to an Alice show where "Eighteen" got less of a reaction. Yes some were singing it but in general the audience wasn't that loud and even "School's Out" while a little louder wasn't that loud either (Elected went over well though). It felt like the covers deflated the show to me. The crowd was very much into the first two-thirds of the crows but the last third didn't have the same energy to me.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri May 06, 2016 2:43 pm

cooperrocks wrote:A couple of thoughts on some recent comments. First, I love the Hey Stoopid album and I have always liked the title track. I think having a few audience participation songs in the setlist is always a good idea and Hey Stoopid always gets the crowd singing back to Alice during the chorus. I agree it works well in the set. During the Dragontown tour, I thought "Fantasy Man" went over really well with the audience shouting, "Hey, Hey" during that part of the song. I think what the user said has some validity about it being in the set, but I have to disagree on it replacing, "Public Animal Number 9." That is a great song and though hardly rare doesn't appear in the setlist that often. The problem is, in my opinion, it doesn't belong as the second song. At least at the Nashville show, the crowd went nuts when Alice came out and then he did about a minute of the Black Widow. By the time that ended, the crowd had settled down a bit, so there was a surprising lack of reaction. I thought Alice and the band transitioned into that song too fast and it didn't get the reaction I expected. Also and I may be in the minority on this one, but I don't think doing a portion of Black Widow is the best opener. I love the song but not as an opener and not as a shortened version.

I also disagree about "Long Way To Go" being interchangeable as the tour progresses. For me, as someone who has seen Alice many times that was the highlight song for me. I think that was only the second time I had heard him do that one live and that one, though not particularly rare either, was about as a rare as it gets on the current tour. If you want to put in Hey Stoopid I would place it somewhere else.

"Freedom" would be cool to add as an encore along with "Elected." I was a bit surprised there was only one Encore as I have seen many Alice shows have up to three. Putting it at the end of the show would be a great "surprising" song at the back of the show which would really appeal to the diehards in the audience.

I said this in an earlier post but I will repeat it. I like "Feed My Frankenstein" a lot personally but the song doesn't fit with this setlist that was 1970-76 with the other exception being "Poison." Poison sounded really good and once again, I really like the song personally and I will admit it got one, if not the loudest crowd reaction, but it didn't fit with the set either really. If you are going to do all early to mid 70's songs with nothing from the last 25 years, etc. including the covers then to include those two contradicts with the rest of the show.

I don't want to keep rehashing this but once again the Covers were the one thing I did not enjoy about the current show. There are just too many of them and as I said, it seemed to knock the wind out of the end of the show. I have never been to an Alice show where "Eighteen" got less of a reaction. Yes some were singing it but in general the audience wasn't that loud and even "School's Out" while a little louder wasn't that loud either (Elected went over well though). It felt like the covers deflated the show to me. The crowd was very much into the first two-thirds of the crows but the last third didn't have the same energy to me.
It's hard to disagree with you on every point.
I love Hey Stoopid but I wouldn't want to see it come in for Public Animal or Long Way To Go and if anything I reckon it would make the 'new show' even worse.