Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:28 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:So no bits from nightmare then like he talked about like what does the toybox do
Props were handed to him out of it, and Sheryl came out of if during either Only Women Bleed.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:41 am

The setlist makes me wonder "why not just do an ACG tour instead?"

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:45 am

I think his sets are getting worse each tour, pretty boring one this time around. No need for all the covers 2 tours in a row save that for Hollywood vampires and add 4 more classic gems.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:19 am

If he wants to keep a covers element to the show, he should rotate one a night, ideally in the middle of the set to give people an opportunity for a toilet/bar break.

Music is all about differing, sometimes wildly differing opinions. Despite that, I'm fairly sure there will be almost complete agreement on here that retaining a sizeable covers section, especially with his covers band playing regularly at the same time, is a terrible decision and a massive let down.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:28 am

The selected covers are better than the Raise The Dead tour selections in my opinion, but I have no desire to see Alice playing covers. That being said, Suffragette City was cool, and it fits in with his songs better than anything else he covers. The others are completely useless just like his cover band.

Tomasz_Biniek
Trash
Trash

Post by Tomasz_Biniek » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:52 am

Lets face it .. this setlist is nothing more like schools out for summer 1996 and bare bones 2003 again. Spend the night with alice cooper? No thank you, id rather spend the night in my bed than watching bare bones again :( thats just soooo dissapointing that over last years nothing is changing ... all we get are samebest of song over and over that have been played before like in 2003. New pants, white and black stripes suit and toy box? Seriously? And those covers again? :( new tour? Is that really so hard to make some good production show like brutal planer dragontown or theatre of death? How many more years this best of songs tours will last? :( just sick and tired of it ... wanna hear new songs,see and hear some freshness. Its getting worse each year ... makes me wanna think its over ... and i dont think that we will get any good New tour anymore and i mean new tour not changing clothes :(
Spend the night with alice? No thank you ...
Alice - do a new tour finally and suprice us or go retire cuz u keep dissapoing us each year even more ...
Last edited by Tomasz_Biniek on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alice Cooper Bootlegs Trading
www.alicecooper.pl
alice@alicecooper.pl

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:06 am

Considering the feverish speculation from some of AC's more starry-eyed 'believers' (regarding which 'deep cuts' might be played), then I can't help but give a Nelson Muntz-type 'Ha-ha' at the unveiled setlist.

What did people expect? That Alice has basically decamped to the '71-'75 zone of Nostalgia City, should be of no real surprise; it's what most old-time troopers are doing - especially ones whose recent records don't generate much interest. 'They' calculate that it's what nostalgic 'casuals' (who've maybe still got one or two of your very old albums) want to hear; the uber-fans are regarded as so gullible they'll pay to see anything.

Alice has shrewdly pushed the revenue envelope a little bit further though, with the advent of The Hollywood Vampires: two albums, two concert tickets and two megabucks 'meet and greets'. (It's highly possible that the HVs will trot out those same covers too.) You have to admire his chutzpah.

It's a pity though he doesn't end the entire set with 'Suffragette City' ("Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am"!), followed by Johnny Rotten's face projected onto the backdrop, cackling: "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? Good night." Now that would be sheer class.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:07 am

Concolz, that ending would be fantastic. The casual fans there eat it up. Halo Of Flies, Public Animal #9, and Long Way To Go got hardly any reaction compared to the hits. A lot of people were into the covers. I personally would have liked more, but I can't fault him for giving the majority of the people what they want.

Desperado1990
Trash
Trash

Post by Desperado1990 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:10 am

It does also seem that this set this year is shorter than previous tours. I miss shows like Theatre of Death and No More Mr Nice Guy which were full of surprises and io two of the best shows I have ever seen. I'm not a fan of the covers section tbh and I always feeling like it kills the atmosphere in the show so I was hoping Alice would save it for the HV tour.
However, I am very excited to see Halo Of Flies and Guilty back in the setlist. Also, I have never seen Alice play Public Animal or Long way to go so this should still be an excellent show.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:15 am

I think it's worth noting that the covers section has always seemed to go down better in the US then in the UK.
The simple fact is that the setlist is no longer aimed at the big fans who know all the albums and paid to see him for decades, but at the casual fans who only know the hits. To them the covers are recognisable songs so they love it.

Desperado1990
Trash
Trash

Post by Desperado1990 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:18 am

I would probably enjoy the covers more if it was a HV vampire show. I guess when just seeing Alice solo I would prefer to see his own music. Still very excited for the tour though. I can't really complain as Halo is my favorite song. Hope I'll Bite Your Face Off or Hey Stoopid comes back though.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:26 am

Guess I jinxed it guys. He moved around Poison and 18 instead of putting rare songs into the set :/

I've never seen Long Way To Go, so I'm stoked for that. Not a huge fan of Public Animal or Guilty, but at least I've never seen those either. As a metal guy, those covers are even worse for me. If he was going to do the covers, I was at least hoping for a Motorhead one.

Is this Alice basically giving up on writing new music too? For the last two albums (ACAS/W2MN), he's totally messed up the timing with his tours, so he barely plays anything from them. Now he just avoids the last two decades altogether. I can't imagine him bothering to write a new album if he's not willing to support it.

Desperado1990
Trash
Trash

Post by Desperado1990 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:28 am

Hopefully he'll mix the covers up a bit. I have to say I would love to see Alice sing a Motorhead song. I'm thinking Born to Raise Hell would be perfect but he would probably just choose Ace of spades because it's so well known.

Desperado1990
Trash
Trash

Post by Desperado1990 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:34 am

I've been hoping to see Desperado return since 2009. Some day.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:36 am

Well, as Lemmy is on the backdrop I would guess they have rehearsed one, and it's unlikely to be anything but Ace Of Spades lets be honest. Would be very surprised if it was anything else.

Desperado1990
Trash
Trash

Post by Desperado1990 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:40 am

True. It's not my favourite Motorhead song but the non-fans will most likely know it too so it makes sense to pick that one. I think it would be better to do a medley of covers but it is what it is. I would be very excited to see Alice cover Motorhead though as they are my favourite band.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:49 am

Desperado1990 wrote:I think it would be better to do a medley of covers
This. So much better. Maybe 60 seconds of each and then done, as an encore.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:51 am

The covers need to go. Even if he didn't play any obscure songs and focused on the ACG stuff, I'd rather see Be My Lover and Muscle Of Love in the set over those covers. I would love to see Caught In A Dream, Dead Babies, and You Drive Me Nervous in the set again, because they were fantastic on the Brutal Planet Tour. Luney Tune, Yeah Yeah Yeah, or Gutter Cats would be wonderful, but I don't expect anything that "obscure" at this point.

Desperado1990
Trash
Trash

Post by Desperado1990 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:16 pm

If memory serves me correctly, on the first couple of nights of the RTD tour there were 6 covers played. Then Alice dropped two of them and added in Caffeine and He's Back. I'm hoping maybe the same will happen here and we could get another couple of Alice tracks. I would love to see Love's A Loaded Gun.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:20 pm

Yeah I can't believe he dropped Dirty Diamonds and Bite your face off...but I guess I got overly excited cause I bought hook line and sinker that this person who claimed to have heard that Roses on White Lace was going to be added...I guess other than old footage I'll never here any song from that brilliant album :(
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"