Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

Post by Si » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:30 am

The son of Don Quijote wrote:Can you post a link to the photo Si? I can't find it. This tour isn't coming to Finland so I won't be too disappointed. Of course I hope everyone is having fun and that there are at least some surprises on the set list, especially because Alice Cooper himself has said there will be 6 or 7 songs he hasn't performed for a long time.
I don`t think people will be able to see it. You'll know tomorrow after the first show.
It's a photo of what looks like a new backdrop (and the toy box seen earlier with the band in front of it), featuring gravestones for Bowie, Moon, Lemmy, Hendrix, Lennon and Morrison....
I truly hope it's a Vampires backdrop being tested/checked, and not an Alice solo one...

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:41 am

Si wrote: It's a photo of what looks like a new backdrop (and the toy box seen earlier with the band in front of it), featuring gravestones for Bowie, Moon, Lemmy, Hendrix, Lennon and Morrison....
I truly hope it's a Vampires backdrop being tested/checked, and not an Alice solo one...
As the HVs concerts are almost a month away, I can't see why they'd test their backdrop now. Obviously, tomorrow will reveal all, but oh what gnashing and wailing there'll be from some of the starry-eyed if six covers are played.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:08 am

concolz wrote:
Si wrote: It's a photo of what looks like a new backdrop (and the toy box seen earlier with the band in front of it), featuring gravestones for Bowie, Moon, Lemmy, Hendrix, Lennon and Morrison....
As the HVs concerts are almost a month away, I can't see why they'd test their backdrop now.
Just desperately looking for some other explanation....

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:44 pm

It's very sad, if he plays a bunch of covers again :-( The Ace of spades was awful, and Bowie is also okay for the HV concerts. After the Raise the dead tour would be nice a full solo set, and he can play his covers with the Hollywood Vampires.

I can visit two Vampires and two solo concerts in June, but if he plays covers, then one Vampire show is enough. :x
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:51 pm

I think you can spot the backdrop very briefly in Kylers latest instagram post.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:19 pm

i know a lot of people would be disappointed with any covers, given these factors: the length of RTD tour, Alice/Nita/other reports of a significant change to the set list, the tour name being SPEND THE NIGHT WITH ALICE COOPER, and the fact that there are Hollywood Vampire shows later that will be all covers!

That being said, before we freak out, maybe they are doing a medley of Vampire songs that takes up ten minutes of the show? And that's why all gravestones are out there at once?

If there are 6 covers and they do them 1-by1 with the gravestones like RTD..... Yikes. ::((:
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:47 pm

I'm curious to see if there'll be covers in the set, but want to avoid any spoilers for original material. Any chance someone could send me a PM detailing any covers played (AC standards like Hello Hooray excluded) with no mention of original songs played? It'd be much appreciated.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Who cares what's going to be played. Won't be disappointed with covers, old songs long in the tooth or new songs that'll lengthen the beer lines. And it's a bonus even if we only get one song from the heap of gems that are long forgotten. If not, oh well. All I know is I don't trust 2016 with our rock folks, so any show's a welcomed show as far as I'm concerned.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:28 pm

Is it my body, Cold Ethyl and Elected... How long since those were played??

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:19 pm

Well hopefully like Shoesalesman said, at least one rare song is thrown in...its been 4 years since any ballads have been done (the entire RTD tour was ballad-less) so its obvious OWB is back I bet. It's an election year so Elected for sure. Probably something from WTMN since they are bringing some of its props back...we will know more I hope tomorrow night...whomever is going to the Biloxi show PLEASE put the setlist up if you can and make sure to address it as spoilers for those who wish to be totally surprised.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:14 pm

The pic is a real blow. I always hated the covers, but understood their context of raise the dead. However, with the HV doing their own tour, it is inexcusable to have some many covers in an Alice set. This is the type of alienating move I am used to seeing from KISS.
I already have front row tix to one show, and was going to go to at least two more, but unlikely now. Not even interested in going to the HV show, although I was going to take in one.
Are we going to gets songs from Prince and the Eagles, and whoever else happens to die during the year?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:11 am

I could see him doing Maniac Monday.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:59 am

pitkin88 wrote:I could see him doing Maniac Monday.
LOL! He could follow that with 'Purple Pain', then get the Billy Paul tombstone out for 'Me And (the) Missus's Bones'.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Good news, guys! The Coop e-mailed me the set list this morning! :evil:

Years Ago intro tape
Freedom (curtain drops- pops out of toy box w/ riding crop)
18 (crutch)
Be My Lover
Nothing's Free
No More Mr Nice Guy (cane)
Under My Wheels
In touch with your feminine side (spotlight w/Nita)
Cold Ethyl (w/ doll)
Desperado (w/ snake)
Killer/Steven
Only Women Bleed (in straight jacket)
Pick up the Bones
Guillotine/I Love the Dead
He's Back
Feed My Frankenstein (FrankenAlice)
The World Needs Guts
Poison

Hollywood Vampire Medley (gravestones)

School's Out

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:17 pm

I assume this is a joke right?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Sparticus wrote:Good news, guys! The Coop e-mailed me the set list this morning! :evil:

Years Ago intro tape
Freedom (curtain drops- pops out of toy box w/ riding crop)
18 (crutch)
Be My Lover
Nothing's Free
No More Mr Nice Guy (cane)
Under My Wheels
In touch with your feminine side (spotlight w/Nita)
Cold Ethyl (w/ doll)
Desperado (w/ snake)
Killer/Steven
Only Women Bleed (in straight jacket)
Pick up the Bones
Guillotine/I Love the Dead
He's Back
Feed My Frankenstein (FrankenAlice)
The World Needs Guts
Poison

Hollywood Vampire Medley (gravestones)

School's Out
Actually I would take that list happily. Sure, we could all change a few here and there, but that looks pretty well thought out. The essentials are in there. You'd ned to add Elected at the end though, it's an election year, and maybe one other standard in the second half (B$B) ;)

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Stupid question Si but that setlist is just him being creative right not official?

>
If it was real I would flip cause my all time favorite song opens the show Freedom...

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Just curious, is there a reason why certain songs tend to be at the beginning of the set and others tend to be at the end? For example, I normally find a lot of Alice's sets have I'm Eighteen, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Billion Dollar Babies, and Be My Lover towards the beginning, while Elected, Poison, Under My Wheels, and Schools Out tend to be at the end. I understand the notion of closing with your biggest hits (School's Out/Poison), and having some exciting classics at the beginning, but it seems weird that a track like I'm Eighteen is consistently in the first half of his shows rather than in the encore, for example. It doesn't bother me too much either way, but it's something interesting I've noticed.

Also, if that set is real, that would be amazing.

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Yeah guys, it's fake! Just was listening to Alice this morning during my workout and pumped to hear about the show tonight! Will be seeing him in Peoria next Wednesday!

And I totally thought I typed Billion Dollar Babies in the second half--- I'm throwing that in there. Wonder how close my list will be tonight!

I'm sure Elected will be back... I don't care for the tune, believe it or not, so I used Freedom as the "election" song :)

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Spiner202 wrote:Just curious, is there a reason why certain songs tend to be at the beginning of the set and others tend to be at the end? For example, I normally find a lot of Alice's sets have I'm Eighteen, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Billion Dollar Babies, and Be My Lover towards the beginning, while Elected, Poison, Under My Wheels, and Schools Out tend to be at the end. I understand the notion of closing with your biggest hits (School's Out/Poison), and having some exciting classics at the beginning, but it seems weird that a track like I'm Eighteen is consistently in the first half of his shows rather than in the encore, for example. It doesn't bother me too much either way, but it's something interesting I've noticed.

Also, if that set is real, that would be amazing.
I'm not sure why that is. It has certainly been that way for awhile, but hasn't ALWAYS been that way. For example, NMMNG was played towards the end of the set during the Brutal Planet tour (but has been up front since at least Dirty Diamonds, as far as I can remember).

Under My Wheels used to be towards the end but has sneaked up towards the front in recent tours, too.

But I can't answer your question. Just Alice's personal preference, maybe.