Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tour 2016---Thoughts???

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:14 pm

From pitkin88:
"Your welcome. I also sent some photos from WTMN in London."

I definitely don't remember those but it's possible. Were they used? Hopefully, I sent you something in return.

> You might have forgotten as you didn't go to those shows in 75 despite living in London.

Well, whether I went to those shows or not has nothing to do with whether or not I remember what you sent me in 1984 or so, but in any case, those shows were quickly and completely sold - out, unfortunately.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

From pitkin:
"I have no idea about his current band"

You just proved the point I've been making. You raised an issue which has nothing to do with the next tour.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Just a few thoughts. The bottom line is most bands are going to play the hits because a lot of the audience are casual fans (For the record, I have always admired how Iron Maiden has never shied away from playing a lot of new songs when they put a new album out). For those of us who have seen Alice a bunch of times and are diehards, that can be frustrating but it is what it is. That being said, I do think a lot of fans are ready for a few different songs to be played. As a fan of many of the 80's hard rock bands, the one album I do hear getting mentioned by a lot of 80's fans is Raise Your Fist and Yell for whatever that is worth. I don't know if Alice doing the trilogy is realistic or not, but I would think Freedom would work well in the set. Just my two cents.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:57 pm

From cooperocks:
"Just a few thoughts. The bottom line is most bands are going to play the hits because a lot of the audience are casual fans"

Exactly.

>(For the record, I have always admired how Iron Maiden has never shied away from playing a lot of new songs when they put a new album out).

The difference is that any albums they put out tend to be big hits so those songs aren't exactly unfamiliar. You can't say that about Alice's recent albums.

>That being said, I do think a lot of fans are ready for a few different songs to be played.

Yes. We will see what happens.

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:50 am

I'm just happy Alice continues to tour and perform at such a high level.

Sure, I have my dream set list...

...but I'll be cheering and singing along to whatever is played.

That being said, what are some of the "deep cuts" would all of you like to hear played this upcoming tour?

Can't wait for the Morristown, NJ and Pittsburgh gigs in May!

:8):
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Just read the following conversation on Nita's Facebook page. She said she's really excited because she got emailed the setlist for the new tour. Somebody then asked if it's just the normal 1-2 song change to which she replied: " Why would I be that excited about adding one or two songs? " she then got asked when the last time was alice changed his complete setlist. Her answer :" since the amount of songs I have to lernen is now in the double digits, I'd say this morning "
Go Alice. If that's true I am really looking forward to the tour.
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:35 pm

schinkengott wrote:Just read the following conversation on Nita's Facebook page. She said she's really excited because she got emailed the setlist for the new tour. Somebody then asked if it's just the normal 1-2 song change to which she replied: " Why would I be that excited about adding one or two songs? " she then got asked when the last time was alice changed his complete setlist. Her answer :" since the amount of songs I have to lernen is now in the double digits, I'd say this morning "
Go Alice. If that's true I am really looking forward to the tour.
Yeah I was actively responding to Nita's post and one person said, please add "Freedom" to the setlist. Nita said, Love it. GREAT song!

I know she won't say but I asked her, "Does the emphasis on GREAT mean a possible inclusion?"

If so, I would probably jump up and down for joy...regardless, we should be in for a treat.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Daveyy
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Daveyy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:17 pm

I'm SO excited about this new tour after reading Nita's post! I wonder what kind of theatrics they have in store for us with the set list change. Bring on June!! :clap:
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:48 pm

While Alice doesn't play a lot of rarities, many fans seem to exaggerate the sameness of the setlist. Alice does change more than 1-2 songs on every tour. To proof it I decided to list songs that were played on Raise The Dead tour but not on No More Mr Nice Guy tour.

Hello Hooray
Congregation
House Of Fire
He's Back
Department Of Youth
Go To Hell

I didn't even list the controversial covers. If you count them in as well,
you will notice there were about 10 changes in the setlist.

Note: According to this site He's Back really wasn't played on No More Mr Nice Guy tour at all not even in Sweden.

And if you compare No More Mr Nice Guy tour to Theater of Death you will find these changes. Following songs were not played on Theater of Death tour.

Muscle of Love
Halo of Flies
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Caffeine
Brutal Planet
Clones
Elected.
Feed My Frankenstein

So Alice does change the setlist way more than many fans realize. Only 1 or 2 changes blame is completely false but he could certainly choose more obscure material and perform something he has never performed before a bit more often at least.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:35 am

i hope this turns out to be as good as it sounds. 3 weeks and the first gig reviews should tell us. no UK dates yet, US up to Jun so i wonder if this bodes well for another UK Hallowe'en gig?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:12 am

killer wolf wrote:no UK dates yet
Umm, yes there is. Was announced months ago. O2 in June.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:28 am

i don't know how you class things, but one date as part of a festival <> a tour to me.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:53 am

killer wolf wrote:i don't know how you class things, but one date as part of a festival <> a tour to me.
No, it's not, but you said "no UK dates" so I thought you may have missed that one.

Actually I have a difficult time thinking of this show as a real "festival". I know that's how it's being advertised but if you think back to the 'Monsters Of Rock' tour that was supposed to be a "indoor festival" and it was basically an Alice Cooper show with too many support bands. I kinda feel the same about this one. An AC show with some extra bells and whistles.

Daveyy
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Daveyy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Regarding the London show, has anyone else on here purchased their Meet & Greet package for Alice and have any idea what it'll be like? I'm guessing it won't be as personal as the ones sold through his site as they were considerably cheaper, but you never know!

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:58 am

Hopefully we may get something later in the year , as Si has already pointed out it`s not the first time a show has been billed as the only UK date only to have dates added after that show.I am going to the O2 date but I`m starting to think that perhaps I would rather of had a Hollywood Vampires London show instead if only for something of a change ;)
It must be true A_Michael said so

Daveyy
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Daveyy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:42 pm

If I remember correctly, his set at Download Festival in 2011 was billed as his only UK date, and then he toured the UK in October. If we believe it's his only UK date, we'll all make sure we buy our tickets. They all do it.

I've got mine though haha!

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Here in South America, the festivals and all that are always.... ALWAYS, based on rumours.

There are 2 big festivals coming on September, and Rammstein is almost confirmed, and the producers have let "sliped" several names which they are interested on and things like that. Among them, Hollywood Vampires... What do you think? Will they be coming back? September is free after all

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Post by zoogirl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:13 am

Yay! Vancouver October 19! Tic on sale this Friday... I think I feel a headache coming on. Might be late for work...!
I'm too young to be this old!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 pm

zoogirl wrote:Yay! Vancouver October 19! Tic on sale this Friday... I think I feel a headache coming on. Might be late for work...!
Good for you, zooey. I'm going to the Calgary show a few days before yours. Have fun!!

In terms of the setlist, I don't have a preference of songs I NEED to see or hear, though a metalized Prettiest Cop On The Block would be a skirt twirler.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:39 pm

I'm seeing Alice in Lynn,MA on May 14 my fifth time seeing him very excited for the change in setlist an new theatrical show.