For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

O2 pre sale

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:08 am

Bloody hell just got my Alice standing ticket for O2 on presale £65 plus £15+ in fees/signed for delivery total £80.75 who needs to make albums anymore at those prices!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: O2 pre sale

Post by Si » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:24 pm

steven_crayn wrote:Bloody hell just got my Alice standing ticket for O2 on presale £65 plus £15+ in fees/signed for delivery total £80.75 who needs to make albums anymore at those prices!
Could be cutting their own throats at that price. Can`t see AC filling the 02 on his own, will all depend on the supporting bill. That price plus travel, parking, hotel, expensive London food/drink etc could turn off a LOT of people. Especially if, as someone I think posted, Download is basically the same price around the same time.
I expected about £60 but forgot about the fees....

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:29 pm

How times have changed, I first saw Alice at Portsmouth Guildhall in 2000.

Ticket price - £17.50.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:58 am

i mentioned Download, yeah - the daily tickets are £80 but you're getting what, about 9 bands per day or something? Not as good for me who again is only going for one act, but that price for somewhere like the O2 seems a p-take, even w/out those effing 25% "service charges". (why hasn't the monopolies & mergers commish looked at this?)
£65 is the presale offer too, is the public sale more?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:13 am

killer wolf wrote: £65 is the presale offer too, is the public sale more?
Not normally, although of course fees can vary from place to place.

AXS events who are doing the "venue presale" today is £75.50 which includes a £9.50 "venue presale service charge" - a change for having the honour of buying a ticket to go to their event... what a scam.. and a £1.50 "facility charge" whatever the hell that means.

Last week a friend went to Wembley and bought a ticket on the night from the venue box office about 30 minutes before the doors opened, and even then they charged him around £10 for handing him the ticket.
Face value on a ticket no longer means a thing to the person paying it. The face value is related to how much they have to pay the artists etc (I think), and they add these fees on top so that the artist doesn`t get a cut of this money and they can scam their customers into paying more.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:03 pm

It's rare, but you still get the occasional place that charges no overheads for tickets bought in person. Near me, the Edinburgh Playhouse and the Usher Hall (if I remember correctly) don't charge anything other than the face value ticket price. It really should be the situation everywhere.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 pm

this is the reason the commission should look into these moneygrubbing scum and ban this kind of thing. charging you to pick up a ticket from a box office is a p-take of the highest order,a nd is flat fees for "service" chargs when they're just doing what they're supposed to do. it's like getting charged a tenner at a petrol station for "fuel dispensing fee". what service do you even get; when i used to go to the City Hall, the girlie would show you a map and you'd pick your seat, w/ ticketba$tard you lucky if you get anything less random than "best available", of which you have no idea if they really are, cos they don't show a seat plan. and don't even get me started on the high price VIP tickets vanishing from sale only to turn up en masse at shadow sites that are owned by....ticketba$tard.
KW
/X\oo/X\

drgntwn99
Trash
Trash

Post by drgntwn99 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:56 am

I see Stone Free offer it's own meet and greet with Alice.

Tempting! :clap:
The local freak with the twisted mind

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:51 pm

just had a quick try out of curiousity - price is good (i'm assuming it's low cos you don't get the goodie bags you normally get?) but it said no tickets found when i did a search.
KW
/X\oo/X\

drgntwn99
Trash
Trash

Post by drgntwn99 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:42 pm

https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3U ... f%3Devs_fb

Meet and greet should be available here.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Very odd that they're offering meet-and-greet plus the whole VIP experience for a comparatively good price (about £150) when the standard tickets are so expensive.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Am I right in thinking they've pulled the meet and greet with Alice...now just a Day Hot Ticket for £20 less than they're offering to meet and greet with Rick Wakeman.
Wouldn't be surprised seeing that Alice charges more than double that for the privilege of meeting him normally.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:32 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:Am I right in thinking they've pulled the meet and greet with Alice...now just a Day Hot Ticket for £20 less than they're offering to meet and greet with Rick Wakeman.
Wouldn't be surprised seeing that Alice charges more than double that for the privilege of meeting him normally.
Yes, they longer appear to be on sale.

The price was certainly good but then there's no guarantee that it was the same experience as the normal shows. For example, you may just stand in line and then get a photo and an autograph.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:33 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:Am I right in thinking they've pulled the meet and greet with Alice...now just a Day Hot Ticket for £20 less than they're offering to meet and greet with Rick Wakeman.
Yes, they no longer appear to be on sale.

The price was certainly good but then there's no guarantee that it was the same experience as the normal shows. For example, you may just stand in line and then get a photo and an autograph.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:39 am

See that The Darkness have been added to the bill, gonna be one long day waiting for Alice , think I will role up in the evening , life`s to short for all this
It must be true A_Michael said so

drgntwn99
Trash
Trash

Post by drgntwn99 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:55 am

Has anyone here got the meet and greet with Alice for this event?

I have heard it has been replaced with an interview. No meet and greet.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:58 am

drgntwn99 wrote:Has anyone here got the meet and greet with Alice for this event?

I have heard it has been replaced with an interview. No meet and greet.
I think it's in addition to the interview, not instead of. The schedule shows that only people with M&G tickets will get into the interview.

drgntwn99
Trash
Trash

Post by drgntwn99 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:01 am

drgntwn99
Trash
Trash

Post by drgntwn99 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:05 am

That's what I thought but I have heard there is no meet now.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:17 am

drgntwn99 wrote:That's what I thought but I have heard there is no meet now.
Is it possible the meet and greet is before the show, and will follow the interview? I seem to recall some M&G's have been preshow. If it is I would have though there would have been an email sent out or something. I don`t know any more I'm afraid. I can`t see that they can simply cancel the meet and greet after people have paid for it.