Re: Newcastle - Stage Times

Post by Steven Allan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:40 am

Wow, that was a hell of a night!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:40 pm

echo that. i tried a The 100 song on youtube and it wasn't for me so i just turned up for Coop, stormingly good show, and the Crue were fantastic. can't believe it's a decade since i last saw them at that same venue!
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:31 pm

That band the 100 totally wrong for that show.

Alice was great better sound than Swindon though give me a hall over an arena or leisure centre anyday as both not a patch on say Newcastle City Hall in 86 and 88.

However much some Alice fans slag off Motley Crüe, that was one hell of a show they put on.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:43 pm

steven_crayn wrote:That band the 100 totally wrong for that show.

Alice was great better sound than Swindon though give me a hall over an arena or leisure centre anyday as both not a patch on say Newcastle City Hall in 86 and 88.

However much some Alice fans slag off Motley Crüe, that was one hell of a show they put on.
It might sound like I slag off Crue, but really I don`t hate them. I have a few albums around and they do have some good songs (some of which they aren`t playing this tour).

My problem is more that I think they are poor live. This isn`t the first time I've seen them, although previous times were back in the 80s, and I have never thought they were that good live (they were blown off stage by Cheap Trick one time I saw).

Now they have the money to throw at the show, and yes, it's a big show with explosions and amazing lights, but all that stuff only works if you have the songs and performances to back it up and IMHO they just don`t. Take away all the bells and whistles and you have a fairly average band.

EDIT: I will say that I have always hated their name. Terrible terrible name for a serious band.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:25 am

Ah, yes. The old Theatre of Pain tour. That did suck, and Cheap Trick were better.

But, to be fair, they were only kids back then. Not much older than the people in the audience. Mick Mars, the eldest, was only in his mid '30s. With the rest of the band in their mid to late '20s.

Carnival of Sins was much, much better and I thought All Bad Things was excellent. But I like Motley Crue. I also think the name suits the band perfectly :)

The Arena is terrible for sound. I never go expecting good sound. That is what The Sage is for.

For Alice though, give me City Hall any day. Great venue and it suits Alice perfectly. I just hope it isn't six years before we get to see him up here again.

I really want to do another VIP with him. My last one (Dirty Diamonds Tour) I kind of ballsed up. I was a little preoccupied as I have Leukaemia and at the time I'd had a bad set of blood results and things were not looking good.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:15 am

well i've seen them about four times and each time was excellent. first caught them on 85 (3 decades ago...jeez) on ToP and the City Hall, and i thought it was superb (and l-o-u-d), couldn't be bothered w/ Cheap Trick at all.
Carnival of Sin was amazing, can't believe it was a decade ago, the DVD kicks ar$e as well. everyone's got opinions on their musinc/songs, fair enough, i just don't think there's many if any that do what they do better then they do.

Edit ~ on an unrelated theme, i was a bit disappointed by the Merch quality; i got a Crue t-shirt and a Coop t-shirt, the prints are good but the material is very thin compared so some others i've bought. i've only had the Coop one on so far and despite being XL it's tight on the biceps cuff. looks like the same company did both sets.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\