For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Re: New Crue Dates (Oct/Dec.)

Post by lordcatfish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:11 am

Got standing ticket sorted for Manchester through o2 presale by 10:02. £51 is a bit steep for a shortened Alice set (not really interested in Motley Crue) but haven't seen him since 2009 so was willing to pay the price.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:02 am

Steven Allan wrote:Not rubbing it in at all, if I told you where I was seated that would have been rubbing it in :)

Still can't get my tickets for the Arena, I may have to go standing :(
lol. was it front row centre? i was there (via a meet & Greet ticket)for Alice at teh arena when Twisted Sister were support. storming show, worth every penny.

my mate was on O2 for his mobile, if you know anyone w/ that you could mebbes sweet talk them into getting a ticket for ya.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:14 am

Nah, it was one of the boxes practically on the stage at The Sage for Nick Cave.

That was an excellent gig, Alice & Twisted Sister, that was when I done the meet & greet as well.

I still remember Dee giving us a ticking off for sitting during the Twisted Sister set :)

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:19 pm

lol, that does wind him up - one of his best stories is ranting at a section of audience and someone later told him it was the wheelchair section :-D

hoping to get a ticket for next year's farwell tour, just read that AJ Pero died too :-(
KW
/X\oo/X\

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Following numerous issues with O2 Priority and Ticketmaster, I've managed to score seated tickets for London and Manchester.

I find it odd that standing is being advertised when I thought they were all-seated shoes? Does this explain why standing was 'not available' when I selected that option?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:06 am

maybe it depends on the venue. i think the Crue stage is fairly elaborate, maybe some places have had to forego the floor seating - it was definitely floor standing at Newcastle according to my mate, though as i've said i've seen both AC and MC there before and had floor seats both times.

frankly i don't care - i'm just glad to have a ticket!
KW
/X\oo/X\

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:19 am

I'm pleased to have a ticket too but would be interested to know if I spent 2 hours trying to buy standing tickets that never existed. The whole O2 / Ticketmaster system seemed a bit amateurish.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:08 am

They are live. SICKTHINGS!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:15 am

Can`t get anything for Wembley on the Floor. Its only offering me tickets standing at the very back. Not interested in those.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:56 am

Wembley was a nightmare was online at 10am presale Live Nation but no standing tickets available, so went for 2 standing at Newcastle.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 am

I finally got normal standing at Wembley through the venue presale. Then for some reason weird reason got Birmingham standing through TM as well. Oh well.
Won`t be going further north for this.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Went to Live Nation at 10.00am nothing showing, went straight to Ticketmaster site and Wembley standing ticket straight away , still not sure I can stay on and watch the Crue set need more than a bit of convincing on that one :/
It must be true A_Michael said so

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Sounds like a complete nightmare Si, at least you got sorted in the end though :)

I managed to get in block 114 Row A at Newcastle. Which is pretty close in a lower seating block (well, you couldn't get any closer from the side) but sort of looking across the stage. Oh well.

I told a mate and he was convinced I had the acts the wrong way around :)

One thing is for sure, anyone following Alice onstage has my sympathy. And yes, I do like Motley Crue as well.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:22 pm

Rob wrote:Went to Live Nation at 10.00am nothing showing, went straight to Ticketmaster site and Wembley standing ticket straight away
Didi you check exactly what ticketmaster said? The standing ticket I was offered from them was in the tiered section at the very back of the arena (section E), not in the main standing section in front of the stage.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Si wrote:
Rob wrote:Went to Live Nation at 10.00am nothing showing, went straight to Ticketmaster site and Wembley standing ticket straight away
Didi you check exactly what ticketmaster said? The standing ticket I was offered from them was in the tiered section at the very back of the arena (section E), not in the main standing section in front of the stage.
Just checked and it says ( Standing General Admission )
It must be true A_Michael said so

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Si wrote:
Just checked and it says ( Standing General Admission )
Good. Just wanted you to make sure. As I say the original ones I was offered via TM weer Tiered Standing Section E, which appear to be at the back.

It wouldn`t be the first time people have been screwed on tickets because they assume they are getting the best ones.
Happened to me some years ago. Called to get Rush tickets at Wembley and was offered Row B. "Second row?" I asked. "Yes, second row center".
When they arrived I discovered they were second row of the second block on the flat floor. Barely saw the band all night because of the 60 or so rows in front of me. If I had known what they actually were I wouldn`t have bothered. I only bought them as it looked like I had excellent seats. Was a complete waste of money.

There was a AC case a few years ago as well where AC.com was allocated the wrong tickets. If you didn`t look carefully you ended up with the front rows in the balcony, because the people at the venue thought THEY were the best seats, not the front row in front of the stage.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:22 pm

I was front centre of the balcony for Tom Waits in Edinburgh and it was amazing!

Best seat in the house though, I don't know about that.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:57 am

Si wrote: Won`t be going further north for this.
that's what most of the tour bookers say! :-D
KW
/X\oo/X\

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:04 am

Si wrote: It wouldn`t be the first time people have been screwed on tickets because they assume they are getting the best ones.
Happened to me some years ago. Called to get Rush tickets at Wembley and was offered Row B. "Second row?" I asked. "Yes, second row center".
When they arrived I discovered they were second row of the second block on the flat floor. Barely saw the band all night because of the 60 or so rows in front of me. If I had known what they actually were I wouldn`t have bothered. I only bought them as it looked like I had excellent seats. Was a complete waste of money.

There was a AC case a few years ago as well where AC.com was allocated the wrong tickets. If you didn`t look carefully you ended up with the front rows in the balcony, because the people at the venue thought THEY were the best seats, not the front row in front of the stage.
there was Hell on a few years back when Maiden did presale for a Twickenham (?) gig. turned out a load had obscured views, and a load more got a "we've had to move you" mail a few days later and ended up in pretty crappy seats.
KW
/X\oo/X\

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:36 pm

I see the Halloween date is free and is on a Saturday, two days before the first UK date. Is there any possibility there'd be a headline show or two scheduled before the Motley Crue support shows kick off again?