For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Cruise Ship Setlist

Post by concolz » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Just been looking at the cruise ship, official setlist. (Incidentally, the STs one is incorrect; someone may wish to amend it.)

Department of Youth/House of Fire/No More Mr. Nice Guy/Under My Wheels/I'll Bite Your Face Off/Brown Sugar/Billion Dollar Babies/Caffeine/Lost in America/Hey Stoopid/Dirty Diamonds/Welcome To My Nightmare/Go To Hell/Wicked Young Man/Feed My Frankenstein/Break On Through/Revolution/Foxy Lady/My Generation/I'm Eighteen/Poison/Back Door Man/School's Out

Hello Hooray dropped, I suppose, due to lack of pyrotechnics entrance. Dept. Of Youth as opener - first time ever, I think, that Alice has opened with this in full (as opposed to a segment on 'DD' tour). Obviously no 'Dwight Fry' section, due to props restrictions. Two additional covers, presumably geared toward such a diverse audience - or the shape of things to come?!

I still think it's an ill-suited venue, but was intrigued by this 'behind the deck stage' opening. (Also, note the presence of 'Jumping Jack Flash' on their backstage setlist!!)

http://youtu.be/yHG7GAg6-LQ

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Cruise Ship Setlist

Post by Si » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:02 pm

It doesn`t surprise me that the setlist here is wrong as I had very little to go on when I put it up there!!Thanks for the update.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:39 am

concolz wrote: I still think it's an ill-suited venue, but was intrigued by this 'behind the deck stage' opening. (Also, note the presence of 'Jumping Jack Flash' on their backstage setlist!!)

http://youtu.be/yHG7GAg6-LQ
Thanks concolz!! What an unusual angle to watch an entire video from. Glens' drum sound comes through very well & AC vocals are there just enough to follow.
Fascinating to watch all that Glen does behind the kit.
The Cymbals & Toms hide a lot of his stick action! :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:46 am

Quite true DAC, but kind of neat seeing the song from that angle. Whole show in that format would be interesting.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Pretty sad.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:07 pm

6 covers. still way too many.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 pm

killer wolf wrote:6 covers. still way too many.
Presumably, The Hollywood Vampires 'supergroup' won't be forming just to pass the time - nor just playing Rio - and will, I'd venture, be the promotional front for the covers album. (In a recent interview, I thought it rather telling when Alice declared that the covers album wasn't an Alice Cooper record as such, but a Hollywood Vampires album.) So, for better or worse, I think there'll be even more live covers!!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:58 am

if the Vampires want to tour, good on them. i won't be there. if Alice Cooper tours, i want to be there, but if there's going to be 6 or so covers i doubt i will.
kinda annoys me that people have been banging on for ages about wanting different/obscure tracks in the setlist and each time we get the "oh, the people expect to hear Poison/NMMNG etc etc we can't not play them" excuse rolled out and so things don't get added/changed. Except now it appears they think "oh the people expect/want to hear other people's songs" and he's quite happy to add six covers to a set. Well, i frankly just don't get it; or want it. if this is what the set list looks like next time he tours, i'll be passing on a tour for the first time, and that makes me sad.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:57 am

From killer wolf:
"Except now it appears they think "oh the people expect/want to hear other people's songs" and he's quite happy to add six covers to a set."

As usual, there is a lot of exagerrating. The selection of songs under discussion was specifically for the cruise. Not all of those are in the current show. There are still only four cover songs in the current show.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:14 am

Adding a few covers when they play a non-regular one-off shows during a tour is nothing new. When they played 100 Club and Whiskey a Go-Go in 2011 they also played 5-6 covers in the set and I don't remember anyone complaining about it then.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:17 pm

concolz wrote: Alice declared that the covers album wasn't an Alice Cooper record as such, but a Hollywood Vampires album.)
I think I'm due an apology from a particular board member after suggesting this very scenario a few weeks ago.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."