Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Austin, TX gig will be LIVE on PPV via cable and online

Post by alicebackstage » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey everyone!

For those who can't make it to his solo show this year and/or don't wish to sit thru another Motley gig... This was just announced on alicecooper.com - http://www.alicecooper.com/alice-cooper ... -live-ppv/

No word on the price yet, but I'm told it'll be available worldwide via web for those who don't have access to PPV TV. Working on embedding a player on our website and or Facebook.

No news on a new setlist unfortunately. Pushing to try to insert some new stuff, but my hopes aren't high at this point. Alice is anxious to do a new show! But we're tied in to this show with Motley and it's not feasible to design a new show for only 50% of the year and bounce back and forth. Just a little insight.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Austin, TX gig will be LIVE on PPV via cable and online

Post by SickThings » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

Hunter

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Will the PPV be available as a BD for purchase? Sure would love something official with Ms. Nita.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Kyler, seems easy enough to just swap a couple songs without redoing the entire show. Sub another deep cut for He's Back for example, or just slip another song in after it. The Feb run is short, no one will burn out with an added song or two.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:26 am

so may we conclude that in Alice's mind ( and his environment) there is a feeling that a new (or slightly changed) setlist would be "necessary" from now on ?
you really wouldn't understand..

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:51 pm

I know the ppv will be available for 24 hours but I will be on the road away from home and at a convention so my timing is bad to see this...will it be available to purchase after the 24 hours in other formats, etc?

Thanks
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:06 am

Jumping Jack wrote:Sub another deep cut for He's Back for example, or just slip another song in after it. =
Take out one of the best songs in the set?!? No way.

I can think of many other songs I'd yank before that one.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:09 am

Anyone have the webcast working? All I have is a pic of Picard and Riker and a loading icon...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:22 am

Looking over twitter shows that some people do have it working, but there are quite a lot of people that don't.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:28 am

Half an hour in and still the same star trek photo and loading...
Hasn`t changed at all. Loaded from different locations and still nothing at all. All the same.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:30 am

Star Trek photo is amusing. Picard looking annoyed and Riker looking embarrassed...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:46 am

Finally working just about. 45 mins into the show and stuttering but its there.. just

killer123
Trash
Trash

Post by killer123 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Usually the observer on this site, I look 3 times a day but never feel qualified enough to actually offer my opinion.

I'm not a casual fan. Hell, my social media handles are all sick_thing!

As an Australian yet to see the show live this was an absolute treat. I've got the Amazon box set... but hell... this is the reason us fans go to more than 3 shows in a tour. Regardless of the money it costs or the setlist we see there are subtle differences in every single show that excite us. The band makes a minor adjustment to a song and it gives us chills. These are the reasons we keep coming back.

I can't believe I was able to watch this show in high definition a few hours after it finished. I don't care what it cost... that's a big deal. We live in a very lucky time. 15 year old me (jeez, 18 years ago now) would have absolutely spun out to the point of struggling to breath at the opportunity to see an Alice show in the states almost immediately after it was performed.

His voice was strong. This setlist is as diverse as I've seen in some time. The band has always been sublime but with each show you're given a new reason to come back.

Hello Hooray should always open an Alice show... a fantastic selection of the 89/90's hits (though it must be said Feed my Frankenstein has aged to the point it has to be retired). Caffeine plays brilliantly live. Dirty Diamonds gets the respect it deserves from the band. The energy from this band that has been playing the same songs for years now is infectious. Am I the only one who couldn't help but scream along to No More Mr Nice Guy when I've heard the song a million times!? It was brilliant!

I do take issue with those behind the scenes (probably Alice himself) believing there is no room to move within this setlist. It's not a particularly theatrical show. As somebody who has seen Alice live over 20 times I feel like this is the show I've been wanting for years. It's "bare bones" Alice almost. You get those glam songs and you get the hits... but there are so many opportunities in the first 45 minutes of this show that could be swapped out to make the show feel more dynamic and reward those who do want to come back more than once. Under my Wheels, Billion Dollar Babies and House of Fire won't be missed if you swap them over every couple of nights. (It's 2015) Why can't they be substituted for some smaller hits or obscure songs. It's not theatrics holding them back here. It's being comfortable.

I love the setup of this show. We even get Dada references! There are so many moments where I feel it's been created for the "real - whatever that means" fans. I defy anybody to see this show live and not sing along to the "dead friends" songs. I'll be the first to say I'd rather 4 Alice songs... but the energy from the band and Alice is so high I was singing and punching along in my lounge room. In person I'd be an absolute pest.

Whole point of this post is to say I appreciate it. Felt the need to ramble. From all accounts Alice will be in Aus in a few months but we'll get the watered down Crue version that NOBODY in Australia actually wants. As a fan, having access to a show like this goes a long way towards easing the pain of not getting the show we actually pay for. (that's a bitchy comment... not an Alice thing - more that all the Alice fans who will purchase tickets to the Crue shows don't want to pay the premium price to see a band that should be opening for Alice)

We live in a digital era. It wasn't that long ago Alice had people removing uploads from YouTube. The way his team now (from band to assistant to anybody backstage) has embraced social media and digital in 2015 is the way forward for music now. Still a pioneer.

To finish... please offer opportunities like this show in the future. I'll pay every time - sadly not everybody will mind you... given the time we live in. I work in an industry (movies) that proves that.

Sublime.
I swear i couldnt drink half as much as she spills

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm upset...my wife worked last evening but wanted to see the ppv so I ordered it and selected the buy & record option on the DVR. We were going to watch it today together but I woke up this morning & it never recorded! It showed that it was recording...I was going to call the cable company & explain what happened but there is no other listings of the concert for me to order so...hopefully a dvd will come out... I'm so upset because I really wanted to see this. I know the setlist is almost the same as the Waco DVD but I'd like to see Foxy Lady, Revoloution, & Lost in America & also wouldn't mind seeing Nita Strauss

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Not sure how the PPV from a TV channel works vs the PPV webcast, but of you got a code to access it try going to the website and accessing it there using the same code. It's still running on a loop there for another 5 hours or so I think

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Thanks Si, but no code for the TV ppv...just click on the channel guide to order. I was just surprised there was only 1 showing of it...other concerts & pro wrestling events show for quite while

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:42 am

Well as I'm sure some of you are aware, the internet stream of last night's Austin gig was a fiasco for the first 20 mins or so, with some fans not able to log on at all. Unfortunately the implementation of this stream was out of our hands and in the hands of the very capable Cleeng company. We're not sure what actually happened, but it would seem that a surge of incredible volume crashed Cleeng's servers and caused the outage. I do apologize to anyone who had any issues, and if you were unable to view the stream at ALL I fully understand you wanting and deserving a full refund! Anywho just letting you all know that it sucked big time for me backstage knowing that it wasn't working as planned. VERY frustrating. Anywho much love to you all and thanks for the support!

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:13 am

[quote="alicebackstage"]Well as I'm sure some of you are aware, the internet stream of last night's Austin gig was a fiasco for the first 20 mins or so, with some fans not able to log on at all.

thanks for explaining. I had my doubts ,after reading some posts here, to try to see it: guess I'll stick to the Wacken Dvd then, about the same price and nice packaging too :)
you really wouldn't understand..

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:42 am

From killer123:
"We live in a very lucky time. 15 year old me (jeez, 18 years ago now) would have absolutely spun out to the point of struggling to breath at the opportunity to see an Alice show in the states almost immediately after it was performed."

Exactly but that isn't enough for some people, though.

>We live in a digital era. It wasn't that long ago Alice had people removing uploads from YouTube.

No, not always - there are different rights - holders that canbe involved.

>The way his team now (from band to assistant to anybody backstage) has embraced social media and digital in 2015 is the way forward for music now. Still a pioneer.

I think The Rolling Stones, Prince, Aerosmith and David Bowie would disagree!

> I work in an industry (movies) that proves that.

Exactly.