Review: Noblesville, In - July 5 (Not Mine)

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Review: Noblesville, In - July 5 (Not Mine)

Post by Devon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:24 am

This is an official write up from the Indy Star about Saturday's concert. It seems to echo what is being said so far regarding Motley Crue's show in contrast with Alice's.

http://www.indystar.com/story/entertain ... /12264829/

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Review: Noblesville, In - July 5 (Not Mine)

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:04 am

ouch,the author called vince neil an "out of breath has been"! the billing needs to get flipped before everyone loses money on this tour, because the word is spreading fast that motley is not cutting it. why won't everybody just agree that alice should always headline? ahhh.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:18 pm

So, night one was a trainwreck, and now night three is 'Motley Crue limps toward finish line', with Neil being utterly slated. For me, the sentence that really jumps out is where the reviewer states that Mars "made this sleazy hard rock franchise resemble something more than a rotting carcass emitting an Aqua Net stench"!!

Excuse the schadenfreude, but HA! HA! HA!

Alice is being praised to the skies for his professionalism. Here are some quotes, from another first night review (by Kurt Schwarz) - where the reviewer calls Crue 'pure disaster' - about AC:-

"Alice Cooper was phenomenal....ripped through hit after hit....looked great and sounded great....band got the chance to really show off....all in a days work. Alice Cooper is the consummate showman and proved that Rock'N'Roll is not dead. But perhaps I should re-phrase that! The audience watched Alice die on stage TWICE last night. Then we watched in horror as the headliner 'died' for real."

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Looks like all the years of being "Motley Crue" have caught up to them.
"I need everything the world owes me..."