Tonight's setlist:
Hello Hooray (with pyro)
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels
Billion Dollar Babies
Poison
Dirty Diamonds
Welcome to My Nightmare (with snake)
Feed My Frankenstein (with electric table and FrankenCoop)
Ballad of Dwight Fry (with nurse Sheryl)
Killer/I Love The Dead (Guillotine sequence)
School's Out

The crowd was up and on its feet instantly, and they were singing along to choruses right away. I was impressed with how into it they were from the first moment.

And I gotta say.....for anyone who thinks Poison or Frankenstein could be dropped...go to one of these Motley shows, and watch the reaction. At least tonight, it was instant and LOUD for those two.

I thought it was a great show, and the people around us were really impressed. A few things that we heard:
"Damn, now THAT is how you start a show!"
"Wow....I hope Motley's that good."
"Alice ****** Cooper....that was amazing!"

Was my first time seeing Nita. Personally, I think she fits in well, and she can play!! The guy behind us exclaimed, "Holy crap! She can shred!"

---

Motley's set was much smoother than the review from the first show. They only had one brief pause, when a handful of songs in, Tommy Lee broke a snare drum head. That was a quick fix, and on they went. Though, notably, his drum solo was lacking. He didn't do it in any form, and the drum-coaster was very short tonight. Not sure if that was for problems, or if it just didn't fit in the amphitheater (which wouldn't surprise me).

Their show is big, visually. LOTS of pyro and lights. They were ok overall. The sound mix wasn't all that great, and a lot of Vince's lyrics were lost in the volume. If you're someone who always/sometimes wears earplugs (and even if not), I'd bring 'em to this show.

Also, do NOT even consider playing the drinking game, "Drink when you hear the F bomb." You will die of alcohol poisoning. :laugh:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Juy 4th-Milwaukee

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:27 am

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/f ... 15251.html

Summerfest 2014 | Concert Review
Mötley Crüe, Alice Cooper light up Marcus Amphitheater
By Piet Levy of the Journal Sentinel
July 4, 2014

The guys in Mötley Crüe have brawled with undercover cops and drag queens, broken bottles over their heads for fun, set beds and trees on fire — and much, much worse. Do you think they'd give a flip that their Summerfest show Friday ran more than an hour late?

The official word is that technical problems were the reason thousands upon thousands slowly began filtering into the Marcus Amphitheater right when the show was supposed to begin. But it at least allowed Mötley Crüe to live out one more rock star cliché (that of the tardy headliner) before it supposedly calls it quits at the end of this two-year tour.

And when Mötley Crüe arrived on stage at 10 p.m. to an eruption of fireworks on the second night of the run, it delivered the show fans demanded and deserved. Frontman Vince Neil sprinted around for "Too Fast for Love" and slayed the hair metal money notes for "Looks that Kill." Drummer Tommy Lee and guitarist Mick Mars supplied the meat; Lee even destroyed a snare drum at the end of "Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)," and Mars ended the surprisingly good new send-off song "All Bad Things" with a guitar solo that stretched notes like taffy. And bassist and songwriter Nikki Sixx — well, even he has admitted he isn't much of a bass player, but he had the rock star swagger down.

The guys got help from a couple of hair-tossing, writhing girls in thongs (there were stripper moves, yes, but objectively speaking, they were well-choreographed), an sweet-looking industrial set (complete with Sixx's mic dangling down from a metal pipe) and an overload of flamethrowers, fireworks and retina-stunning lights. The near-capacity crowd took care of the rest, passionately singing along to anthemic choruses as if the band was never going to die.

But if indeed this truly is the end, it was a hell of a way to go.

If you're going to run really late, there's probably no better opener to have in the wings than Alice Cooper. From the set-starting rain of sparks, Cooper was on fire. He sang "I'm Eighteen" with the unstoppable conviction of a man 48 years his junior, and even grabbed a fistful of a front row fan's hair for "Poison," nonchalantly tossing off a few strands.

He was backed by a gripping and glorious three-guitar army — including Nita Strauss, a very worthy new replacement for ace ax shredder Orianthi — and dynamic drummer Glen Sobel, who literally let sparks fly, firing flares from his drumsticks during "Dirty Diamonds." And there were ghoulish set pieces aplenty — including a live python draped on Cooper's arm for "Welcome to My Nightmare" and a 20-foot-tall singing monster for "Feed My Frankenstein" — that were way cooler than they probably should have been, thanks largely to the performers' conviction. Given Cooper's reputation, the Crüe guys honestly should have been opening, but you know, Cooper isn't the one who feels the need to quit.

Print deadlines prevented a full review.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

WillDouglas77
Trash
Trash

Post by WillDouglas77 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:17 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Tonight's setlist:
Hello Hooray (with pyro)
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels
Billion Dollar Babies
Poison
Dirty Diamonds
Welcome to My Nightmare (with snake)
Feed My Frankenstein (with electric table and FrankenCoop)
Ballad of Dwight Fry (with nurse Sheryl)
Killer/I Love The Dead (Guillotine sequence)
School's Out

The crowd was up and on its feet instantly, and they were singing along to choruses right away. I was impressed with how into it they were from the first moment.

And I gotta say.....for anyone who thinks Poison or Frankenstein could be dropped...go to one of these Motley shows, and watch the reaction. At least tonight, it was instant and LOUD for those two.

I thought it was a great show, and the people around us were really impressed. A few things that we heard:
"Damn, now THAT is how you start a show!"
"Wow....I hope Motley's that good."
"Alice ****** Cooper....that was amazing!"

Was my first time seeing Nita. Personally, I think she fits in well, and she can play!! The guy behind us exclaimed, "Holy crap! She can shred!"

---

Motley's set was much smoother than the review from the first show. They only had one brief pause, when a handful of songs in, Tommy Lee broke a snare drum head. That was a quick fix, and on they went. Though, notably, his drum solo was lacking. He didn't do it in any form, and the drum-coaster was very short tonight. Not sure if that was for problems, or if it just didn't fit in the amphitheater (which wouldn't surprise me).

Their show is big, visually. LOTS of pyro and lights. They were ok overall. The sound mix wasn't all that great, and a lot of Vince's lyrics were lost in the volume. If you're someone who always/sometimes wears earplugs (and even if not), I'd bring 'em to this show.

Also, do NOT even consider playing the drinking game, "Drink when you hear the F bomb." You will die of alcohol poisoning. :laugh:
AWESOME review !!!!!! THANKS !!!! :alice: :unclesam:

WillDouglas77
Trash
Trash

Post by WillDouglas77 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:16 am

I LOVE THE CRUE.....They were my first concert..we even flew to Las Vegas for both residencies,however I know that the Coop will blow them off the stage... no doubt !

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:30 am

"20-foot-tall singing monster for "Feed My Frankenstein" Probably closer to 10 :)
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:16 am

Thanks, NSP! I'm looking forward to seeing the show next Friday in DesMoines!
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:03 pm

I always enjoy hearing Poison and FMF in the setlist. Both of those songs are two of Alice's most popular post 70's songs. Sometimes I think longtime fans forget that some people didn't become Alice fans until his mid 80's comeback or even later. For them, a song like "Poison" means just as much as "Eighteen" means to some people. That's one of the reasons I have started a different thread concerning Alice's solo career. There is a place for all eras of Alice in his setlist (I know on this forum many of us would love to hear a few more songs from his early 80's better and RYFAY seems to be commonly requested as well). Poison and FMF definitely fit with the Motley Crue audience.