For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Ori's replacement?

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Maaki wrote:For Orianthi it has to be said that she is or at least was before Sambora - now I am not so sure anymore - she was a total professional as well as a sweetheart
What are you insinuating here? Sounds to me like you're saying because she is working with Sambora that she's not a "total professional".

You need to back up those sorts of things with facts.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:09 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Maaki wrote:For Orianthi it has to be said that she is or at least was before Sambora - now I am not so sure anymore - she was a total professional as well as a sweetheart
What are you insinuating here? Sounds to me like you're saying because she is working with Sambora that she's not a "total professional".

You need to back up those sorts of things with facts.
I was certain that she was extremely professional as well as a great person. I hope she still is and I don't know any facts saying otherwise.

I just don't like Sambora at all and I don't get it. Take out Gene Simmons and he is the most extreme self proclaimed ladies man in the business. King of swing. He's had all sorts of incidents in her professional musician's career such as quitting the last BJ world tour in the middle of it. As well as professionally his ties to Nikki Rich business. And he has well documented problems with substances and in some of the videos with Ori he seems to be quite far from sober. Bear in mind again that that is not a fact merely my observation and I can be wrong. I often am.

I hope Ori knows what she's doing because from what I know she is the most charming and lovely person. I just don't get why someone like that would drop her relationship with a long time companion as well as working relationship with Alice and exchange them both for Sambora.

Now bear in mind, I have no facts other than what are public. Sambora has driven the whole thing hard through tabloids so even those are questionable at best. I am not saying anything other than that I feel like she might have made a couple of wrong turns here.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Maaki wrote: I hope Ori knows what she's doing because from what I know she is the most charming and lovely person. I just don't get why someone like that would drop her relationship with a long time companion as well as working relationship with Alice and exchange them both for Sambora.
Only time will tell if working with Sambora was the right move or not, but I don't think it's realistic to have expected her to stay in Alice's band forever. She's got her own career and I'm guessing no shortage of opportunities to play with different people. She's a singer, guitarist, songwriter, solo artist so playing guitar in Alice's band is probably not the ultimate goal for her. She's going to be recording an album with Sambora which is considerably more high profile than simply being a member of Alice's band.

She stayed longer than I expected and I'm sure she got a lot out of it in the long run, but this was to be expected all along.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:26 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Maaki wrote: I hope Ori knows what she's doing because from what I know she is the most charming and lovely person. I just don't get why someone like that would drop her relationship with a long time companion as well as working relationship with Alice and exchange them both for Sambora.
Only time will tell if working with Sambora was the right move or not, but I don't think it's realistic to have expected her to stay in Alice's band forever. She's got her own career and I'm guessing no shortage of opportunities to play with different people. She's a singer, guitarist, songwriter, solo artist so playing guitar in Alice's band is probably not the ultimate goal for her. She's going to be recording an album with Sambora which is considerably more high profile than simply being a member of Alice's band.

She stayed longer than I expected and I'm sure she got a lot out of it in the long run, but this was to be expected all along.
I do agree with everything you said. It's just that it really pains me when Sambora does stuff like the other night when he joked to the audience that Ori is four years old and that makes him (Sambora) a pedophile. Ori has also far smaller role on stage with this "joint" project than she did with Alice. But let's hope it gets better.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Maaki wrote: I do agree with everything you said. It's just that it really pains me when Sambora does stuff like the other night when he joked to the audience that Ori is four years old and that makes him (Sambora) a pedophile. Ori has also far smaller role on stage with this "joint" project than she did with Alice. But let's hope it gets better.
Well, they are a couple now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ation.html

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Dated 19th of June, but report says Ori is back with Alice on the 13th of June, shoddy journalism.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:06 am

Actually, the story is dated June 3.

Hunter

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:23 am

I see, was looking at the top of the page. :x
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Ori seems to be a good replacement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz9VyggeSbA

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:23 am

Nita ofcourse , I was kind of distracted...

WillDouglas77
Trash
Trash

Post by WillDouglas77 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:54 pm

I think she's an excellent fit !!! I can't wait to see her live with the Coop August 15th in Pelham,AL !!!! :alice:

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:57 pm

I have had a day off and I have been educating myself on Ms. Strauss. My apologies to her, as I sold her well short. She is a great player.

I can't see this ending in any other way but people loving her to bits. :HEART:

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:17 am

can't wait for someone to give a review,as the tour continued last night!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 pm

RemarkablyInsincere was there. I'm sure he'll pop in sometime fairly soon as tell us what he thought. :)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:26 am

Thank God finally some clips. :)

The sound quality doesn't really permit anything else except that at the very least Nita does well. She is also tall and very confident and active on stage. :bam: :HEART: :love:

Man, I wish the change didn't take place right after the euro dates. On the other hand I got to see Ori for the last time. But then again Nita looks great. In fact the whole band looked good, as always.

EDIT: There is a new interview out here

Nita Strauss living her dream..

She mentions Steve Hunter as one of her influences and of course there is a lot more talk about Alice and rehearsing for the tour etc.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Interesting how your opinion of her has changed once you've seen more than her name and pictures, isn't it?

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:42 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:Interesting how your opinion of her has changed once you've seen more than her name and pictures, isn't it?
I am not so sure if it's interesting, but you are right. I had never heard of Nita apart from those "hottest female guitarists" discussions and, I let my prejudice get the better of me. Shame on me, really.

Then again I am a fan now, so hopefully she forgives me if she ever stumbles in here. :grin:

She even knows her tech. And likes good beer (not counting Corona). :rotfl:

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:08 pm

So was it the same setlist?

hurricanenita
Trash
Trash

Post by hurricanenita » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Hey all, Nita here! I heard about this forum at the band dinner last night and I just wanted to stop in here today and say hi and thanks for the warm welcome! I'm having an amazing time out here on tour with the guys! I'll try to pop in and say hello from time to time- Cheers all around!
:drink:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:43 pm

hurricanenita wrote:Hey all, Nita here! I heard about this forum at the band dinner last night and I just wanted to stop in here today and say hi and thanks for the warm welcome! I'm having an amazing time out here on tour with the guys! I'll try to pop in and say hello from time to time- Cheers all around!
:drink:
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you live! I've heard good things from friends who were at Michigan shows! :)

:rock: