For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Ori's replacement?

Post by scotty » Sat May 31, 2014 7:01 pm

does anyone know yet what is being done about her departure?

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Ori's replacement?

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat May 31, 2014 8:07 pm

See below. My money is on Keri returning when they get back to the states.

Let's hope for an up tempo, hard rocking set list that kicks the Crüe squarely in the a$$.

Coop - use all the firepower at your disposal!!! The Crüe has the flash, you have the songs and the talent. Take no prisoners!!! Schools in for summer, school those boys every night.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Well said! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:19 pm

I wouldn't mind if they found another woman to replace her. It's not like there is shortage of talented guitar ladies. There is more than enough testosterone up there already LOL. Seriously it will be great whatever happens. All I hope is that it won't be too long until we get new shows this side of the pond, and of course the Antipodes too, but selfishly I am hoping for Europe early next year :)

bruceman63
Trash
Trash

Post by bruceman63 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:34 am

If they go with another woman they should get Denny Colt who played with Van Helsing's Curse,I think she would fit perfect.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:06 am

Yeah, Denny would fit perfectly, But I Doubt they will replace Ori with another woman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:09 am

lita ford!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:51 pm

:clap:

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Well...they DID replace her with another woman as seen on the STUK homepage...another lovely blonde :love: :love: and if she can play as well as Ori :HEART: :HEART:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:15 pm

I wonder if the dynamic of having a woman in the band is what he wanted or was she truly the best available guitarist?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:35 pm

scotty wrote:I wonder if the dynamic of having a woman in the band is what he wanted or was she truly the best available guitarist?
Why not wait and see her play and THEN perhaps say something about "or was she the best available"? Perhaps that comment rubbed me the wrong way as a female, but it read to me as you questioning whether she was a good choice because they picked a girl.

If people recall, there was quite a bit of negativity about Ori as well, when she joined. Now that she's leaving, lots of people are sad about it.

Give Nita a chance. If you don't like her after you see her at an Alice show, fine. But beforehand, you'll never know if she fits until you've checked it out. (This is to everyone, not directed at you, Scotty.)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:14 pm

I have seen Nita play and she is a excellent player. That said I'm thinking Alice went for the dynamic of having a woman in the band. Visually it certainly worked before. And I will say IMO Ori is a massive talent. Her playing is beyond just shredding. She is technically as good as anybody around but what separates her from the pack is the soul and feel that comes out when she plays. It's not just a lesson on technique and dexterity or the latest trend of what is popular in rock guitar at the moment. Ori has a nice little solo career on the side showing her talents as a player, songwriter and performer. I really regret that Alice never collaborated on writing songs with her. It could have been huge. Nita on the other hand seems to be a shredder. Technically proficient but generic with other shredders. Maybe her hook up with Alice will allow her to blossom as she will be playing with a much higher caliber of musicians than she has been use to.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 pm

revinkevin wrote:Nita on the other hand seems to be a shredder. Technically proficient but generic with other shredders. Maybe her hook up with Alice will allow her to blossom as she will be playing with a much higher caliber of musicians than she has been use to.
Check out her stuff with Critical Hit (http://criticalhitband.com/). That is more often then not far away from Rock guitar shredding and she handles that just fine. I think there's more to her that meets the eye then just "iron maiden tribute band".

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:45 pm

[quote="NotSoPerfect"][quote="scotty"]I wonder if the dynamic of having a woman in the band is what he wanted or was she truly the best available guitarist?[/quote]

Why not wait and see her play and THEN perhaps say something about "or was she the best available"? Perhaps that comment rubbed me the wrong way as a female, but it read to me as you questioning whether she was a good choice because they picked a girl.

If people recall, there was quite a bit of negativity about Ori as well, when she joined. Now that she's leaving, lots of people are sad about it.

Give Nita a chance. If you don't like her after you see her at an Alice show, fine. But beforehand, you'll never know if she fits until you've checked it out. (This is to everyone, not directed at you, Scotty.)[/quote]

my comment was not at all meant negative,simply wondering if there was a coincidence there that he happened to replace a woman with a woman or of all the possibilities she won out. you have to admit after not having a woman in the band for over forty years,that he's had back to back female guitarists seems more than a passing coincidence,so that's why I brought it up.I have no doubt she'll be excellent... I apologise profusely to you or anyone else that may have taken offense,I would never intentionally do that.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Looking Forward To Nita! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Rock On!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:24 pm

scotty wrote: my comment was not at all meant negative,simply wondering if there was a coincidence there that he happened to replace a woman with a woman or of all the possibilities she won out. you have to admit after not having a woman in the band for over forty years,that he's had back to back female guitarists seems more than a passing coincidence,so that's why I brought it up.I have no doubt she'll be excellent... I apologise profusely to you or anyone else that may have taken offense,I would never intentionally do that.
I think they liked the onstage dynamic of having a woman for Alice to play off, but if there hadn`t been a woman who they thought could do the job we would have had a man.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:05 am

....and you and I used the same word I was trying to have shine through loudly: DYNAMIC. I'm sure she's great,maybe amazing,maybe the best he's had yet in his band. If kane Roberts had been replaced with another muscular guitar player I'm not saying that's the only reason he's hired,but I AM seeing a dynamic or pattern,right? and while speaking of kane,alice did say in addition to being a good axeman he has the whole Rambo thing going on,so it's not out of line to say an image is taken into consideration.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:23 am

scotty wrote:....and you and I used the same word I was trying to have shine through loudly: DYNAMIC. I'm sure she's great,maybe amazing,maybe the best he's had yet in his band. If kane Roberts had been replaced with another muscular guitar player I'm not saying that's the only reason he's hired,but I AM seeing a dynamic or pattern,right? and while speaking of kane,alice did say in addition to being a good axeman he has the whole Rambo thing going on,so it's not out of line to say an image is taken into consideration.
I agree completely, image is definitely a consideration when choosing who to hire, especially for Alice where the "show" is so important.
I was actually surprised when Steve Hunter returned to the band. He obviously has the ability to spare, but his age and look was at odds with the usual choices.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:01 pm

From years of listening, I cannot think of a guitarist Alice has had for touring especially who is not more than competent=seen lots of his concerts= if they look the part whether its muscles or glamour puss its ok as long as they can play-which they always can :rock:
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:03 pm

I very much doubt Nita was the best player available. They aren't often that great matches for what Alice needs and Alice doesn't need the best guitar player because his material doesn't require one. As far as I can tell from clips Nita is competent enough and she does have a stage presence and yeah I am a guy so she has err other talents as well... ;) Obviously Orianthi worked out wonderfully so why not get another woman into the band? I doubt it counted against her.

So yeah, I think Nita might be a very good choice and I doubt some better players would have been good at all.

For Orianthi it has to be said that she is or at least was before Sambora - now I am not so sure anymore - she was a total professional as well as a sweetheart and like Tommy and Ryan once said in an interview she was "one of the guys". That is important when touring. She was also one of the upper echelon talents in the guitar playing.

I don't think Nita necessarily has to live up to Orianthi to be a success. She might for example play more rhythm and let Ryan and even Tommy do more leads and it might still work out great.