Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Alice touring with Motley Crue?

Post by alicebackstage » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi everyone,

There seems to be some weirdness going on with the presales. Some venues are showing high ticket prices on the map, but when you click on the section they are way lower. For example, pit tickets in Pittsburgh show at 4000 on the main map. But when you click on that section you find tickets for $300-$400. Keep digging guys and know we're not in control of what the prices are or what the availability is. We love all of you.

Also, check alicecooper.com/tour-dates to be SURE you're buying tickets for a show that Alice is actually on. There are a handful of shows that Alice is not on.

NO Hollywood, FL
NO Syracuse, NY

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:01 pm

Kyler, please say there will some UK dates announced at some point.......... :( :(
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Got tickets to Edmonton and Calgary on the AC presale this morning. Not anywhere near great seats, but I wasn't expecting that. It's Motley's party, plus their fanclub presale was yesterday. I don't care where I'm sitting, really. I'm there, and that's the main thing.

Jaded, 10 months of tour-beard manscaping. Bring it.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:49 am

Just as a point of interest, the same seats available yesterday with the $50 MC code were available today with the free AC code. You might not be happy with the allocation today, but at least you didn't pay an extra $50.

Remember that the unsold VIPs will eventually be marked down and sold, usually the week before the show.

Flexible pricing - beat them at their own hustle game and only buy seats that meet your criteria. Wait them out or buy tickets to artists that are more honest and transparent.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:17 am

cherrypie wrote:Kyler, please say there will some UK dates announced at some point.......... :( :(
They are on tour until the end of 2015 so there is plenty time for a European leg, then I'd imagine they'll do a short tour over the US again to finalise it....anyway I forgot I was on an Alice board (logged into a Motley board as well) lol so I presume it as Alice you wanted to know about.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:15 am

>Wait them out or buy tickets to artists that are more honest and transparent.

I think that comment needs to be directed at the promoter, actually.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:27 am

rgallie wrote:
cherrypie wrote:Kyler, please say there will some UK dates announced at some point.......... :( :(
They are on tour until the end of 2015 so there is plenty time for a European leg, then I'd imagine they'll do a short tour over the US again to finalise it....anyway I forgot I was on an Alice board (logged into a Motley board as well) lol so I presume it as Alice you wanted to know about.
You are correct rgallie! Not remotely interested in seeing him with Motley Crue, though - half a show at twice the price. Here's hoping he is saving 'the hole' for the UK.

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:49 am

cherrypie wrote:
rgallie wrote:
You are correct rgallie! Not remotely interested in seeing him with Motley Crue, though - half a show at twice the price. Here's hoping he is saving 'the hole' for the UK.
There are rumblings in the force, though I have no idea if they will work out. We WANT to get back to the UK of course! Here's hoping.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:42 am

Any chance of solo shows on off dates of the Motley Tour, Kyler?

I plan to avoid this tour for the most part given the ridiculous pricing for decent seats but still want my annual Alice fix.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:03 am

Thank you Kyler. Will keep everything crossed :8):

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:12 pm

cherrypie wrote:Thank you Kyler. Will keep everything crossed :8):
As will I, 2 years without a proper Alice gig in the UK is not a nice thought.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Yes Andy, but the promoters work for the artists. Bill Graham and Michael Cohl learned the hard way. For a big enough guaranty I guess MC is willing to look the other way. The ends justify the means.

Anyway, at the box office in ATL today there were 10 seats row EEE in the pit available at face value w/o TM markup. First 6 went to someone who was there 5 hours early. Hope they don't go to a broker. The other 4 are in very good hands.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:11 pm

>Yes Andy, but the promoters work for the artists.

Technically, they do not. The promoter does the hiring, not the other way round. Obviously there are exceptions and there are artists that can dictate to the promoter, but given that this tour (as big as it is going to be) is not being put on in baseball stadiums, I don't think that is happening in this case.

>For a big enough guaranty I guess MC is willing to look the other way. The ends justify the means.

I am not denying that can happen, but you don't know what the headliners are being paid in this instance and if you are buying a ticket, your contractual relationship is with the promoter not the artists so that's to whom any accusations or comments about transparency should be aimed at.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Ho hum!

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... er-demise/ - Neil now says it’s not the end for Motley
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Well, what a surprise. :yawn:

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:43 pm

They actually said that in the press conference. Not sure why Classic Rock felt the need to make a big deal about it, except that they didn't bother to report it in their original article. Sensationalism at its finest....

I've read many quotes from the band members that this is their final tour, not their final anything else....

Hunter

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:23 pm

I though that they said no more touring after this one, not no more making records, and Alice mentioned about the RRHoF and Tommy said they would play together for that.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:47 am

The whole thing is disingenuous. No doubt they're hoping people think the band is breaking up.

In addition to that silly meaningless contract they signed saying they won't tour again, the press conference had them each appearing in front of head stones with RIP and each members respective name on it.

If that's not suggestive of the band ending, I don't what is.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 pm

alicebackstage wrote:Hi everyone,

There seems to be some weirdness going on with the presales. Some venues are showing high ticket prices on the map, but when you click on the section they are way lower. For example, pit tickets in Pittsburgh show at 4000 on the main map. But when you click on that section you find tickets for $300-$400. Keep digging guys and know we're not in control of what the prices are or what the availability is. We love all of you.

Also, check alicecooper.com/tour-dates to be SURE you're buying tickets for a show that Alice is actually on. There are a handful of shows that Alice is not on.

NO Hollywood, FL
NO Syracuse, NY
Why isn't Alice not playing these two shows? Does he have other shows booked in the area and can't play them because of contractual obligations?

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 pm

It's not that difficult to understand, The Crue's been talking about this for about 2 years. About releasing music they also said a few years ago that they wouldn't (maybe) release albums but random songs (Like Sex, the latest single) but that they wanted to stop touring while they can do a big show.

And from the start they said "final TOUR" and the contract was of Ceasing of touring, so. The media is just doing what the media does: talking nonsense to sell