For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice touring with Motley Crue?

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:And from the start they said "final TOUR" and the contract was of Ceasing of touring, so. The media is just doing what the media does: talking nonsense to sell
Yea, it's all a fabrication of the media. :/
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Pompey Alice
Trash
Trash

Post by Pompey Alice » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:32 am

I hope this is a fabrication of the media. Type ALICE COOPER MOTLEY CRUE into the search box of http://www.ebay.co.uk. Looks like the 'hole' is going to be filled down under. :(

The sicker my Fans get, the sicker I will get

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:29 am

Interesting.
I can't see them going down to Australia in the Halloween gap. Not really enough time to move everything for just a few days.
September is possible. I haven`t heard anything about it yet though.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Didn't know where else to put this, here's as good a spot as any.

Alice opening for MC, the shows I saw in the last few days anyway, was nothing short of spectacular. He did a good job of narrowing the songs down to the essentials, while still throwing in the props and theatrics. If you had to showcase Alice in short order, this would be the show. There was nothing taken away from the punch you would normally expect from seeing Alice live. And even with the opening slot, Alice received better reviews all around than MC did.

We don't see Alice as often in these parts, so it was money well spent, opening for another band or not. They did a great job on the tour shirts, too.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Post by zoogirl » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 am

Vancouver tomorrow! Will report back. I don't honestly know if I'm staying for motley. I will have to work and if they suck and I'm tired its Alice and gone!
I'm too young to be this old!

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

The first reviews I have seen from the Australia leg of the tour:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... h3dpu.html

"Alice Cooper's mix of shock and aw-you-didn't-really-do-that-on-stage-did-you? predated​ the arrival of the quintessential '80s poodle metal quartet by more than a decade, though these days he is an unlikely celebrity Republican and golfer.

He opened the night with his usual theatrical shtick condensed into 50 minutes of metal pantomime that meant a totally ridiculous rolling through the staples of blood, snake, electrocution, Frankenstein, guillotine and general cheap horror so quickly it was like ticking boxes on an inventory.

There's no doubt that the chaps of Mötley Crüe — erudite, witty and droll each one of them, no doubt — are fans of Noël Coward: the umlauts are a dead giveaway of that. So I'm sure they'll understand this sentiment in their shell-like: forget don't put your daughter on the stage Mrs Worthington, try don't put your idols on the stage before you, in case it makes you look like even bigger plonkers​ than you are on your farewell tour.

The Crüe? You suspect they couldn't cobble together a melody with two hammers, a box of nails and a 30-year career of material."

http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/motley-cru ... na-160515/

"It surprised and confused many fans when Alice Cooper took a knee and was announced as the opener for this particular world tour. After all, these are the kind of arenas he’d be used to playing in his own right – and on his own terms, too.

Perhaps it was this that added a little extra kick to his set – with less than an hour of allocated time on stage, there was next to no time to waste. This was a set concerning Cooper, at 68 years of age, still having something to prove and laughing in the face of generational gaps.

Transcending shock-rock and the glam movement, Cooper and co. are still putting on a formidable and thoroughly entertaining live show. Even in a condensed form, with only half a stage to work with, it still rattled the right cages and raised the right fists. The nightmare lives yet another day; and school’s out forever.

Mötley Crüe represents the ultimate indulgence in the grand scheme of dolled-up, head-banging rock music. They are the guiltiest of guilty pleasure. Their last night in town, for all of its whistles and bells, was a celebration of this – and, appreciated as such, it was a lot of fun."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/re ... 7360494911

"The snake was back and so was the guillotine, the fake blood and the electric chair, which means Alice Cooper was in town for another night of rock ’n’ roll theatre.

He was there at the invitation of main attraction, Motley Crüe, but given his deep collection of hits, the potential for being upstaged was high.

Crüe of course had the big hair, the big appetites and bad behaviour, which made for an entertaining biography, and a farewell tour that’s going to keep waving bye bye all the way to New Year’s Eve.

Tunes? Well, one meat and potatoes piece of cartoon metal bluster starts to sound very much like another after half an hour.

Alice, as ever, is good for a laugh and a singalong.

There’s plenty of fireworks and invitations to make some noiseat a Motley Crüe show, but you are not so much entertainedas pummelled into submission."
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

flanostu
Trash
Trash

Post by flanostu » Wed May 20, 2015 12:10 am

Went to the Brisbane concert last night. Alice was pure class as usual and the band simply rocked. Only 50mins but wow!!

grim facts
Trash
Trash

Post by grim facts » Sat May 23, 2015 1:50 pm

flanostu wrote:Went to the Brisbane concert last night. Alice was pure class as usual and the band simply rocked. Only 50mins but wow!!

I was there too!

WAS FANTASTIC!!

As usual.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu May 28, 2015 12:42 pm

I hope Glasgow gets plenty of votes to bring Motley and Alice. Don't fancy a trip to London.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:35 pm

::((: Oh well, Alice alone tends to visit Glasgow so my money is better spent then when the headline act actually gives 100%, probably woulda ruined some memories seeing Motley Crue now anyway