October 23, 2013 - Huntington, WV - Review/Pics (Spoilers)

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

October 23, 2013 - Huntington, WV - Review/Pics (Spoilers)

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Huntington was the second show of my trip and the weather was quite different from sunny and warm Richmond.... cold and rainy. At least there was an overhang to shield from the rain throughout the wait.

The hotel right across the street had a big bus parked in front of it, so it wasn't hard to figure out where the band was staying for the day. Throughout the wait I saw some of the guys going back and forth from the bus. Ryan was nice enough to stop by the line and say hello as he made his way to and from the box office early in the day and even handed out some of his Roxie cards to the few of us there. Thanks Ryan.

This is a bigger venue and thus it has a bigger stage than Richmond. While Richmond was jam packed, attendance here was a bit on the light side. The PIT tickets here were pretty high priced at $90+ total so that probably explains some of it. I also noticed that there were posters for all kinds of other shows plaquered up all over the place but conspicuously I couldn't find one poster for this show. Regardless, Alice and the band came out and put on a *killer* show, as usual.

I am SO glad that Sheryl is in the show as the demented nurse. She is great. And there is NOTHING cooler than seeing Alice in straight jacket literally 5 or 6 feet in front of you with Sheryl working him over. Awesome!

I won't elaborate further as I did that in the previous thread, but I will say that there is no better show on the planet.

My pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95849697@N ... 934061653/
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Re: October 23, 2013 - Huntington, WV - Review/Pics (Spoiler

Post by Maaki » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks for the reviews and pics. :)

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:04 pm

That's a great set of pictures - thank you for sharing. I especially love the one where Tommy is stood right in front of Alice!

(not that on my first glance through the picture set I was looking solely for pictures of the Tominator... :evil: :blush: )
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the pics. I enjoyed taking them.

I thought that pic of Tommy in front of Alice was cool too.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

vince_raven
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by vince_raven » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:02 pm

I was also at that show. Thanks for the pics, had camera issues so the few I got were from my phone. Wish the crowd would have been larger but those of us down front had a good time. A few years ago he played at a smaller theater in Huntington and it seemed better suited for his show. I used to go to many shows at the Huntington Civic Arena but over the past decade it seems like its had trouble booking larger acts.

Overall, great show and was good to see Roxie again. I was over on Tommy's side and was very impressed how well all the band gelled together. Also got a laugh during the band's intros where Alice introduced Glen as being from "Huntington, Va." Guess nobody had the heart to tell Alice that part of the state seceded from Virginia in the 1860s.
Cooper took the stage,put on the best rock show since Gloria Estefan/Miami Sound Machine in 1987.

tallcoolone
Trash
Trash

Post by tallcoolone » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Once again, great photos. Thank you for sharing with us!