For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

UK 2013 - Yes or No ?

Post by Rob » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 am

Can we assume that as we are now into July it is looking more than likely that will not see anymore uk dates other than the Cropredy Festival.We would be looking at the last couple of months in the year now and is that enough time left to generate decent ticket sales depending on the size of venues chosen ?.Someone please tell me I`m wrong
::((:
It must be true A_Michael said so

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: UK 2013 - Yes or No ?

Post by Si » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 am

Rob wrote:Can we assume that as we are now into July it is looking more than likely that will not see anymore uk dates other than the Cropredy Festival.
Yes
Rob wrote:We would be looking at the last couple of months in the year now and is that enough time left to generate decent ticket sales depending on the size of venues chosen ?.
I doubt ticket sales would be an issue in that way. They could put a december Tour on sale in October and still sell it. Alice has enough pulling power to sell enough for a theatre tour or similar

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:20 am

An Australian tour is more likely than a UK tour this year in my opinion.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:33 am

Si wrote:
Rob wrote:Can we assume that as we are now into July it is looking more than likely that will not see anymore uk dates other than the Cropredy Festival.
Yes

With no Thursday only tickets anyone got any fence cutters :nono:

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Looking very doubtful which is bad news indeed. Looking forward all the more to the Orianthi show at the 100 club to help make up for the disappointment of not seeing Alice

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Si wrote:
Yes

With no Thursday only tickets anyone got any fence cutters :nono:
Not going for specifically this reason. It's a con to have what is possibly the biggest act of the festival on the first night then force people to buy full weekend tickets to see it.

gothicsue
Trash
Trash

Post by gothicsue » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:22 am

It did say the festival would be Alice's only UK date. :( :( :(
Wouldn't do a festival - i like Alice closer.
Will be DEVASTATED if this is true, agree ticket sales wouldn't be an issue - i'm sure he will sell out.
Hoping for December dates :alice:

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:07 am

there is no way even if Alice was to play extra dates in the UK this year that it would be announced until after Crapredy as ticket sales for that rip off festival would be affected.

It's disgusting that for the first time you can't buy a day ticket for the day Alice is appearing its cynical marketing by the organisers and I'm not buying this environmental rubbish as to why you can't buy a Thursday only ticket, we all know the real reason.

I've been to every UK festival Alice has played from Reading 87 onwards but I won't be going to this and I'm glad other fans are boycotting it.

I hope Alice has a great gig and picks up new fans but I hope the organizers take a financial hit on it.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:21 am

Can I buy a day ticket for just Thursday or Friday?

The answer is no. We only sell 3 day (Thurs/Frid/Sat) tickets, 2 day (Frid/Sat) tickets and Saturday only tickets. The reason for this is that the country lanes around Cropredy and the accesses to the campsites simply could not cope with the two way traffic which such a ticketing system would create.

So if you can buy a 2 day ticket or a 1 day ticket for Saturday will the volume of traffic be any different to being able to go with a 1 day ticket on the Thursday or am I missing something other than good old fashioned marketing ??
:bam:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:33 am

>am I missing something other than good old fashioned marketing ??

It might be a condition of the licence granted by the local authority, as well.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:40 pm

It might be a condition of the licence granted by the local authority, as well.[/quote]

Could be - Still sucks what ever the reason

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Oh dear! And here I was still hoping for early November dates maybe, mostly because I'll be in the UK then and it was my only chance to see Alice in the UK this year. :(

I am holding out buying plane tickets for my trip because I am waiting for news. I guess I'll just have to decide something by the end of this month and hope for the best, but a holiday without any music is not a real holiday.

Don't usually do festivasl as I really don't hold up well in the heat and festivals mean long, long hours of waiting for the main act. OK I just did it for the Stones this month.

As for the three days pass thing it's not so uncommon. I really wanted to go see Nightwish this year but it was the same problem (and even higher price) I gave up.