For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Tour Between Alice And Marilyn Manson COnfirmed In Alice

Post by Desperado22 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:40 am

I think this would have been a bad idea 3 or 4 years ago, but I think his performances have been 100% better since he released Born Villain. His voice is almost back to how it was in the 90's. Just my opinion but he sounds really good lately.

I can't wait for more info lol.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:49 am

firstly, Manson's always needed oxygen. secondly, the Manson of 10 years ago would have been pretty unsuitable as a pairing for Cooper, and i don't think Coop would have agreed to it at that time.
i've seen some vids of Manson that were dreadful around the previous tour, i think he got too far back into various pharmaceuticals, but having seen him a few months ago in Manchester he can still put on a damn good show when he wants to.
after the double bill of AC and TS, this pairing would be a dream : as long as they come up North. i'm sure promoters have maps of England that only have 4 cities on them :angry:
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Also, I've seen mention that the tour starts in NM. If that's the case, keep an eye out for that date sometime before the Salt Lake City date.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Desperado22 wrote:I think this would have been a bad idea 3 or 4 years ago, but I think his performances have been 100% better since he released Born Villain. His voice is almost back to how it was in the 90's. Just my opinion but he sounds really good lately.

I can't wait for more info lol.
Really? He managed to be even worse than he is now? I saw him last year at Sonisphere France and really, it was horrible. He's got a crappy voice, no stage presence, the music sucks and there is not really a show whatsoever. I usually get something out of any show I attend, but here... I really don't understand at all what the appeal could be. There is no redeeming quality whatsoever.

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:53 pm

I guess everyone has different tastes. For me, he's the best performer in Rock music (other than Alice of course).
I saw him in 2009 which was probably the worst year for MM. He put on an ok show but when I saw him last year it was the best concert I've ever been to. Alice still comes first though lol.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Well as usual. Wait and see.
So far it seems to be only a US tour. I'll worry about it if it also comes to Europe :)

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Lets hope it doesn't.

oh did I type that out loud?
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:34 am

I am a huge fan of manson , seen him countless amounts of times but personally he is way passed his best and almost needs to retire, to me his heart isnt set on music anymore, something is just missing from the performer that was a huge success in the 90s and early 00s.

And I cant see why Alice would agree to open during this tour, talk about a huge slap in the face, its will be like pupil ahead of master lol

electrocute1031
Trash
Trash

Post by electrocute1031 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:40 am

I'll be in the odd minority of people who love both acts. However I agree I don't know how well the audience's will react well to both bands. Maybe it will go over really well. What I do know however is Alice is going to mop the floor with Manson. I've seen Manson 3 times over the past year on different occasions, and he was okay, but not great, the latest show I saw in January he was pretty drunk, and spent a decent amount of time flipping off the sound guy.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:32 am

Well maybe Alice can give Manson some advice on overcoming his drinking issue.

Never a big Manson fan myself. Glad the MN show is Cooper only. A few good songs. I think the crowds will do well together.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 am

>And I cant see why Alice would agree to open during this tour,

Who made that suggestion?

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Oh God...NO!!! Have never seen Manson's appeal and pretty much find him a big poser. Don't know if this will be a "Co_headline" tour, but no way Alice should have to go on first after all these years!
Personally, I think a great "Co-Headline" tour would be with The Stooges who have a new album coming out soon as my friend "The Igster" emailed me. At least Alice and Iggy have a history. And even though the logistics would be impossible, think it would be cool to see Alice do this type of tour with Ozzy Osbourne, as has been mentioned before. Maybe they could do a couple of Beatles tunes somewhere in the show.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:23 pm

In France we say a "Faire Valoir".
We must respect Alice's will to get Manson in the show but for me its only a
"faire valoir"to the Genius of Alice.
As soon as MM dont make shadow to Alice its okay for me.
But if Alice was to look like or be like or sing in his songs what MM is or say, i would stop to love him at the very second.
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 pm

tuneylune wrote:Oh God...NO!!! Have never seen Manson's appeal and pretty much find him a big poser. Don't know if this will be a "Co_headline" tour, but no way Alice should have to go on first after all these years!
Of course, without knowing the details if there will be alternating nights, etc., it wouldn't be surprising since Manson is the bigger draw. Alice went on first with Zombie, Maiden, etc. The bigger draws will generally be the closers.
think it would be cool to see Alice do this type of tour with Ozzy Osbourne, as has been mentioned before.
In which Alice would likely open. Besides Ozzy is active with Sabbath for now.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:14 pm

>Don't know if this will be a "Co_headline" tour,

It is.

> but no way Alice should have to go on first after all these years!

It is clear that a lot of people here don't know what a headliner is and given that there have already been two pages of discussion based on very little, let me explain one or two things.

A headliner is the act that appears at the top of the bill - in other words, to be a headliner, the act's name or logo appears above those of other acts that are appearing in all the advertising and on the tickets. Not only that, a headliner's name or logo is printed at a bigger size on all the advertising than that of any other acts appearing at the event. In this case, you all will have seen that both Alice’s and Marilyn Manson’s names and logos are the same on the advertising as far as size and position are concerned. So there is no headliner here as they are sharing that title.

When you have a tour such as this, it is almost irrelevant who performs last at such events, because in almost all cases, both acts will play for broadly the same amount of time and will both have access to the same range of production facilities they need to put on their performances. There has been NOTHING so far to suggest that Alice is ‘opening’ for Manson, even if Alice does not close the show. In 1990 (I may have this not exactly right but I think it’s broadly correct), The Cure went on after Bob Dylan even though Dylan was specifically the headlining act at that event. I don’t know for sure but I think this meant that The Cure played for less time than Dylan did. Hopefully, people will now stop speculating about something on which there is so much little public information.

Also, what some of you don’t seem to understand is that there are more and more tours of this nature (at least it seems that way) where two acts are sharing the billing. This is an ECONOMIC REALITY which some people don’t seem to understand. In other words, you can have a tour like this, or you can have no tour at all – your choice.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 pm

>Alice went on first with Zombie, Maiden, etc.

Those were two completely different situations.

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 pm

There is one thing that makes Alice higher than all these horrorookinggirlnamedclones of him: humour. This point means intelligence and class the equivalent in movies is Christopher Lee. This distinguish the ones that are i the Gore and the Ridiculous from the Other Genius who sublimate horror with Humour Or Class.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 pm

You All talk about Manson gives poor shows but something is very important here, He's too much mmm everthing that goes around affect him, the crow his girl, Here in Chile he sang preeeeetty well, he made the news in others country for what he did here, great stage pressence, great show, Bit Argentina oh my ****! He couldn't sing, stage pressence my ass! Very poor show, And As I Was saying He'll do EVERYTHING to impress Alice....And even Alice could Help him as he did with Dave Mustaine !

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:20 pm

I personally think it could be a fun show. Seen MM a few times and it's always been an enjoyable stage show.

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:51 pm

MM will be a very good stageprop....amongst the others.
Am kidding.