Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

No opening Is a Good thing

Post by danielleV » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

....i like the idea of all Alice evening show. Most of the time opening bands
deceived me , bored me by the past, at each Alice show where i went. Poor songs poor voices...imagine my head when i discovered twisted sister first row middle in london before Alice...i found the leader voice was very poor, very ugly, not to say his head... (even since that i have discovered good songs they made)
Etc...in comparison with the Master it had to be called not Opening band but Torture session. After all it might be a normal thing to suffer before the entry of the "bad guy wicked young man Alice"!!!
:)
I don't know if you have gone to the louvre in Paris; when you are in a room near a MANET painting, you turn your head around and find horrible any other painting even these hang on the same wall; its a violent contrast; the Genius is best than the good...the Genius make ugly all we see around it.
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: No opening Is a Good thing

Post by PatrickS77 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:55 pm

^^Oh, shut up. The reason I went to that particular UK tour was Twisted Sister. I wouldn't have went, had they not opened. I would be willing to bet that Dee Snider's voice is in better shape than Alice's.

And that London show was seated... you could have just arrived later, if it was that horrible for you.

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:59 pm

shut up?
come on!
they sing very bad, it was horrible to my ears; i went back to my home , went to You Tube and yeah discovered good songs of them, but they are 4/5, not more; no comparison with the work of Alice.
More, they copied Alice with the idea of the girl name and its ridiculous as the singer is particularly ugly
i add its my personal thought, not yours apparently and this must be respected as i respect yours; but in fact, i insist as written in the stone the fact that Alice is best, on all sides.
i know the show was seated! i was sat,first row, middle, and arms crossed just in front of the singer, haha
i regret a little now to have shown so little charity for him. And Alice is such a giant and a wise and a kind guy to talk about TS in his last video as he do..... oh, yes!

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 pm

"sing very bad"? They are a rock band. And for that they sing like what is expected of a rock band. Dee Snider is one of the better frontmen and voices out there. Wow, Dee Snider is ugly!? And that's a criteria for a good or bad show? Geez, I guess I missed that GQ issue where Alice was a cover model. :smack:

We should have traded places though for that opening slot. I was stuck somewhere in the middle, seeing close to nothing... seated shows. :/

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:45 pm

I must say I agree with Patrick77. Having seen so many Alice shows, Twisted Sister were one of the few opening bands I absolutely enjoyed. In fact, I knew absolutely nothing about this band before I saw them at Brighton for the very first time on that tour. Been a big fan ever since...
danielleV wrote: i know the show was seated! i was sat,first row, middle, and arms crossed just in front of the singer, haha
If you did that, it would really have been a very rude thing to do. Nothing to be too proud of, in my eyes... I was also lucky to get a seat in the front row near the middle, and thoroughly enjoyed Dee's comments about people popping in late (you probably did not even get that) :evil:
danielleV wrote:And Alice is such a giant and a wise and a kind guy to talk about TS in his last video as he do...
If you are referring to the Rock'n'Roll Roast video posted a couple of weeks ago, I think you missed the point of it completely. In fact, for all I know Alice and Dee are good friends and this video was in no way supposed to put Twisted Sister down or something ...

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm

I dont fear to say it. The singer voice is zero.
Just like ACDC now singer voice...etc. They may be big rock bands but speaking about voices
Zero.
Alice has a beautiful rich voice.And is a big rock band.

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Danielle, maybe it's just me - but you do seem to be a little narrow minded. We are all big Alice fans, but that surely doesn't mean you have to demonstrate disrespect for every one else?

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 pm

danielleV wrote:....i like the idea of all Alice evening show. Most of the time opening bands
deceived me , bored me by the past, at each Alice show where i went. Poor songs poor voices...imagine my head when i discovered twisted sister first row middle in london before Alice...i found the leader voice was very poor, very ugly, not to say his head... (even since that i have discovered good songs they made)
Etc...in comparison with the Master it had to be called not Opening band but Torture session. After all it might be a normal thing to suffer before the entry of the "bad guy wicked young man Alice"!!!
I don't know if you have gone to the louvre in Paris; when you are in a room near a MANET painting, you turn your head around and find horrible any other painting even these hang on the same wall; its a violent contrast; the Genius is best than the good...the Genius make ugly all we see around it.
Danielle... I can hear you. ... But, tell me, other than Alice Cooper, which artist, rock or not, do you like?
[

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:46 pm

I like opening bands. I've never went to a show with a big, established band as opening band, but I saw a few bands that were pretty good. Sometimes, it makes you discover some music that you like. Like in 2008, in my town, I saw the band Econoline Crush, they were very good. I bought their CD at the door after the show.
So, if the opening band is good, I listen and enjoy, if it's not good, this is extra time for going to the washroom or to buy a beer.
[

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:13 pm

frontrowjunkie wrote:Danielle, maybe it's just me - but you do seem to be a little narrow minded. We are all big Alice fans, but that surely doesn't mean you have to demonstrate disrespect for every one else?
Yep. There is definitely some ignorance going on.

That one kinda slipped me by:

danielleV wrote:More, they copied Alice with the idea of the girl name and its ridiculous as the singer is particularly ugly
Seriously?? Dee a woman's name? Are you sure? The singer's name is Daniel, hence Dee as his stagename. Like the guitarist's stagename is Jay Jay, his real name is John and A.J. the drummer's name is Anthony Jude. So really. No one copied anyone (other than the members within the band).

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:54 am

I love Twisted Sister, Dee is a great singer and frontman
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Shows with no opener are definitely my preference (only ever been fortunate enough to go to a few of those) as I find support to be very hit and miss. Loved Twisted Sister; Dee is a great front man with huge personality and a very nice chap. Viking Skull and Zodiac Mindwarp - would rather have cut off my own backside and sat in vinegar than listened to them really (but with a GA show it's the price we pay to be down front for Alice, as we know).

Far and away the best I've seen open for Alice was Ugly Kid Joe; I found Alice's UK tour opening show last year in Cardiff to be rather weak and was genuinely worried that if Coop didn't step it up a gear the next night he'd be well and truly out-performed by them. Fortunately not the case as it turned out. Joan Jett comes a healthy second in terms of support that I've seen.

It can't be easy to be the support / opening act - going out on stage to a crowd where the majority have likely not come to see you. I try to remember that when watching but a couple have been so truly awful IMO that its been hard to be enthusiastic! Ultimately, give me the main event without an opener anytime.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->