For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Alice in Crans Montana 14 March!

Post by PatrickS77 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:49 pm

^^Wow! That sucks. Yeah, you don't really think about things like that and hope everything goes well. But those are the war stories, afterwards they are fun... like at Rocksound Festival '07 desperately trying to find the car on the pitch black field (with not really having paid attention where I parked the car beforehand) or driving home from Stuttgart '08, when somehow the cap of the motorblock of my car, where you fill in the oil got loose and fell of while driving and all the motoroil came out of the motorblock and was all over outside the motor, but not inside, where it actually was supposed to be.

Try to find a spare cap on a saturday night/morning. And not being a mechanic and not really knowing what that will do to the motor and also not really finding anyone who could tell me for sure what would happen driving like that it was a nerverwrecking ride home. Especially when the motorlight came on halfway home.

LOL but I lived through it. ;)

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 am

Well since I live up a mountain too, it's a normal thing to change your tyres in September, it's even compulsory. Chains used to be compulsory until they built a tunnel under the pass that goes to Neuchâtel. And I'm ok driving on snow. What I am afraid of is people who have no idea what they do and become really dangerous as such. Or they get stuck and you get stuck with them.

Roads are mostly fine, but it would be going back that I'd be wary of, some places in the plains are not used to having snow and some roads will not be cleared in the middle of the night. In any case I would sleep there.

Winter is far from being over for us, our Winters last six months and there will or can be snow until late May / early June. I've lived up here all my life so it's normal for me, but I must say that as I get older I would like to at least have Spring. We never get Spring, in May you plunge right into Summer, going from -10°C to 25°C in one day. :(

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:07 pm

^So obviously you drive to Crans Montana from the west. Do know anything about coming from the east? Motorway 2 until Andermatt and then road 19 (Furkastrasse). A stupid idea in the winter?

Edit: Okay... it kinda looks like that street is closed in the winter.

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Yes... as far as I know the Furka pass is closed all winter. However it might be an option to use the base tunnel ("Basistunnel / Bahnverladung") - depending on where you start from.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 pm

I really don't know about these roads. Maybe you'd be better off to go through Berne and Fribourg? I don't know where you live but in any case this seems like the safest option? And it might be faster than the tunnel.

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Well, I would be coming from Austria and yes, Google tells me that Berne, Fribourg and Montreux is the quickest, but that's about 100 kms more, than coming directly. But as that other road is obviously closed I guess I wouldn't have much choice.

TheBlackWidow
Trash
Trash

Post by TheBlackWidow » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Yes, that's the way it looks like. And I severely doubt that other road would be quicker even if it wasn't closed. You have to take into account you're almost certain to get stuck behind some really slow vehicle on such a road ...
Take a look at my Alice Cooper photo gallery at http://theblackwidow.minus.com!

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:53 am

^^Well, I did find another option, which is pretty much Autobahn all the way except the last 90 km, which would require to be on the train for 15 min between Kandersteg – Goppenstein. None of these options mentioned so far are ideal (even though the train thing sounds fun), but somehow I really don't fancy driving through Montreux, considering I will go there later this year anyway.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:34 pm

There is a pdf schedule on the site now: http://www.capricesfestival.ch/multimed ... oraire.pdf

Looks like Alice will only go on at 23:30 (11:30pm) Hm, I guess I'll apply my usual method of sneaking in after the first two bands. I'm taking my best friend along and I doubt she'll be too happy about being there from 6pm.

One week! :laugh:

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks for posting :)

God, is this late again... Almost like in Avenches last summer. At least we don't need to leave early the next morning this time, but we are planning to go skiing, and usually we're the first ones out there in the morning. Not sure if we'll make that under these circumstances :laugh:

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 pm

23.30, eeeeeeeeek, might be sneaking in with you Sunila, that IS late.....
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Well on the bright side there will be time for a proper meal, you're most welcome to join in. Sort of sneak in around 8:30 and make it closer for the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and hopefully the front for Alice.
In Avenches I still made it to the barrier, if somewhat on the side. Good enough for me (except I could barely see Ryan ;) .

And unless I can find a way to convince my boss I'll have to head home the next day and work, but only the afternoon. Glad I only work the Sunday of that week end! I'll sleep the whole of Saturday.

We might as well not have booked a hotel ;)

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh, yes... I might do the sneaking thing too. No way I'm gonna stand there for 5 hours watching 3 bands I have absolutely no interest in. I think Black Rebel Motorcycle Club are big enough to have some people who occupy the front and then leave once they're done. It worked like a charm in Avenches with Gotthard before Alice. Many people left and the front row was free.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Oh dear now I have "let's do the sneak thing too" playing on the tune of the "Time Warp" in my brain :p

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:41 pm

PatrickS77 wrote:Oh, yes... I might do the sneaking thing too. No way I'm gonna stand there for 5 hours watching 3 bands I have absolutely no interest in. I think Black Rebel Motorcycle Club are big enough to have some people who occupy the front and then leave once they're done. It worked like a charm in Avenches with Gotthard before Alice. Many people left and the front row was free.
That would be excellent! Lets hope it works here too... :clap:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:31 am

You're all going? Wish you a great concert!
[

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks for the review :)

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Some of you might recall that when Alice played in Crans he borrowed a snake from the Lausanne vivarium and learned they were in financial difficulties. Some of the profits from the concert were donated to them. Well, I just read that they are saved now! They just got "bought" by a bigger institution and will be able to move there.