Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Alice in Crans Montana 14 March!

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:07 am

http://www.caprices.ch/fr/

Just got the news through a work mate Apparently they replaced "the Kills" with Alice!!?

I'll do my best to go, please send good vibes so my boss is in a good mood, as I'll have to ask for the day off.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice in Crans Montana 14 March!

Post by old school vet » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:40 am

Dear Boss,Please let DragonLady,have the day off to see the greatest show on earth. In fact, why don't you take her and see for yourself what a great showman Alice Cooper is!!!!!

Kindest regards
Sickthings from all around the world..............

Show your Boss this Dragonlady. it should get you to the ball.Good luck...

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Ha, ha! Thanks! I bet he would actually enjoy himself.
I have plenty extra hours but we're not really allowed to take them, in fact we're forbidden to do them either, it's one of these serpent eating it's own tail rules. Don't we All have them.

I'll go anyway, at the worst I'll only get there minutes before Alice goes on stage. Which would be horrible :)

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Thanks for sharing, Dragonlady! Just got 2 tickets for the show. Really looking forward to the trip, as we might also be able to do some skiing there :clap:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 pm

You're most welcome! That was some surprise.
See you there!

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Well, I hope he lets you go....Enjoy!!! :clap: :clap:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:30 pm

At the very worst I'll leave by car at 5pm and pray for snow free roads and no traffic jams. And get there hopefully before Alice goes on stage.

Good grief, this means I am seeing Alice in two and a half weeks! Countdown on start! ;)

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Geez, what kind of place is this? In the middle of the mountains? Kinda a bitch getting there. Kinda close, but it takes hours to get there. Have to think about that one.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Well, it's a ski resort? Hence the "up in the mountains" part :8): Some people love to go to the festival and ski during the day. I don't ski ;)

There are trains every hour not a problem really. Takes me about 3.5 hours from here, just a bit more than Basel. It's a village but quite big and posh. But the festival isn't, it was fun the last time I went.

I sense a trend of rockers playing up in the mountains. Try getting to Veysonnaz where CSSC played last year, then you'll see utterly impossible to get ;) Crans is pretty regular as such.

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:16 pm

yes Crans montana is a famous ski resort...
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm

^^Yeah, I a realize that Mürren and Piz Gloria (location of '69s James Bond on her majesty's secret service) is close by, I always wanted to go there... so if I'm going to the mountains already I could do that too... but to get there I would have to drive around the mountain. :/ Hmm, I will see what I will do about that. I really want to go. Why can't it be on a friday though? Thursday sucks for something like this... but then again, tuesday or wednesday would be even worse. ;)

But the show is indoors, right? Not like Ischgl, where they play in the freezing cold.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:49 pm

It's a hall alright (Centre des Congrès). It's -10°C in the middle of the night!
But take good shoes, I remember a long, long metallic stair completely iced over. Maybe they replace it now but that was rather dangerous.

And if you drive you really need snow tires or a 4X4 vehicle. It's bad enough up here and I am "only" at 1000m, Crans is 1500.

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:41 pm

^^Oh, joy. ;) I do have winter tires... not sure though if I want to drive up a snowy mountain road. Really have to think about that. :/

Another question, do all the bands play back to back or are there several stages? There are 5 bands on that day.

Edit: I found a pretty cool panorama picture of the village: http://www.crans-montana.ch/

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:07 pm

According to the festival website, there are several stages (2 bands playing before Alice).

As for driving up there, I wouldn't worry too much really. I spend half the week on the mountainside during the winter, and as long as there isn't heavy snow, road conditions are normally quite ok (though of course I'd also recommend everyone to have winter tyres). And, after all, winter is slowly coming to an end :)

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 pm

^^Yeah, I found that out too, in the meantime... the tube and the moon... it helps to read ;) it also says on the website that it's easy to reach with every car. I'm assuming they are talking about the winter, it's obviously no problem in the summer. ;)

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 pm

From my experience I can tell you they take every pains to make sure people can reach the ski resorts without trouble... Our apartment on the mountainside is close to a main road leading up to 2 high situated ski resorts and when there is snow during the night they start clearing the roads at 5 a.m.... In the early morning there's sometimes some problems getting though to some places, but by the time the bulk of people turn up, that's done with most of the time

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm

^^Yeah. I hope that is true. We went skiing once. Stayed overnight, the next they, when we wanted to leave, we were supposed to have snowchains (? Schneeketten) and didn't have any and all stores were closed.

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:25 pm

That must have been a nightmare... We always carry chains in the boot nowadays, luckily we haven't needed to use them for ages. Not even sure if I knew how to do it these days

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:33 pm

^^Yeah. It was. I guess it was rather naive (or stupid) to drive up there without chains. After a long search we were able to make somebody sell us chains.

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Yes, you don't normally think a lot about these things. We had a flat tyre after the show in Avenches last summer... Modern cars do not have a spare tyre anymore! At first we didn't think that was a big problem. But it turned out it is nearly impossible to get a tyre in Switzerland on a Saturday. After quite a few hours and much effort, we managed to buy a used one privately and finally were able to continue our journey...