For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Paul
Killer
Killer

Alice headlines Cropredy

Post by Paul » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Alice to headline the opening night of Fairport Convention's folk festival Cropredy!

http://folkcasters.blogspot.co.uk/

States this expected to be Alice's only UK live show in 2013. :-(

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Cropredy 2013

Post by SickThings » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:52 pm

http://www.fairportconvention.com/cropr ... .php#news1
ALICE COOPER to Headline Thursday at Cropredy 2013!!!!
Added 2013-01-09 19:58:37

That's right folks. American rock icon Alice Cooper will headline the opening day of Fairport's Cropredy Convention on Thursday 8 August 2013. It is expected to be Cooper's only UK public appearance during the year.

Alice Cooper's legendary stagecraft and showmanship will mean a uniquely theatrical rock extravaganza for 20,000 fans at our three-day Oxfordshire music festival.

Peggy says: "We've been hoping to get Alice to Cropredy for years and at last the work calendars have coincided. Alice is one of rock music's great originals and his live shows are pure entertainment with their great combination of rock, theatricality and breathtaking staging. But at the end of the day it's the music that counts at Cropredy and Alice has produced some of the most accomplished and exciting rock of the past four decades."

"We are sure our audience will be blown away by Alice Cooper," Peggy continues, "Rock acts always go down well with the Cropredy crowd - just ask Status Quo, for example."

With numerous platinum discs, sold-out tours and dozens of awards, Rock N Roll Hall of Famer Cooper's unique body of work extends over forty years and more than two dozen albums. He is best known for bringing horror imagery to rock'n'roll on a cinematic scale - however, the bizarre and dark theatrical themes are always underpinned by finely-honed guitar-driven rock'n'roll with a heavy metal edge.

Hunter

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Re: Alice headlines Cropredy

Post by cherrypie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Gosh, I hope not.......... :( :(
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 am

No way that I can get there. Looks like this will be my first year of not seeing Alice since I became a fan. :(
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:58 pm

I wouldn't read so much into it. I've often seen the first announced dates billed as such. It could still happen, but obviously only time will tell.

Apart from that I am extremely tempted. So much so that I've already changed my Summer holiday just in case. Not "just" for Alice but I've always wanted to go to Cropredy and was always hoping to see Robert Plant there one day and waiting for that. Never expected it would be Alice that would be my "excuse" to go. Now if only Plant would also announce a date then my life would be perfect ;)

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:52 pm

And I'm on holiday so shall miss him. ::((:
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 pm

I am all for Alice giving love in other places, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan will be good :laugh: then obviously Europe and NA not the end of the world for no UK tour

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm

However could it be now ship of fear is cancelled that leaves his Halloween plans open......... :)

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm

>However could it be now ship of fear is cancelled that leaves his Halloween plans open........

That's already being discussed in the "Ship of Fear" thread.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 am

Anybody thinking of going to see Alice, see statement below from the official FAQ page,and be prepared to part with a lot of money if you only want to see Alice, like I wanted to.Seems a mighty high price to pay for being a fan especially as it is currently being touted as maybe his only uk show.Lets hope some dates can be fitted in later in the year.

Can I buy a day ticket for just Thursday or Friday?

The answer is no. We only sell 3 day (Thurs/Frid/Sat) tickets, 2 day (Frid/Sat) tickets and Saturday only tickets. The reason for this is that the country lanes around Cropredy and the accesses to the campsites simply could not cope with the two way traffic which such a ticketing system would create.

How much are this year's tickets?

The ticket prices are as follows:

3 Day Concert Ticket - 8,9 &10 August 2013
Before - May 31st £105.00
June 1st - July 31st £110.00
After July 31st £115.00

2 Day Concert Ticket - 9 &10 August 2013
Before - May 31st £95.00
June 1st - July 31st £100.00
After July 31st £105.00

1 Day Concert Ticket -10th August 2013 (Same price as 2012!)
Before - May 31st £70.00
June 1st - July 31st £75.00
After July 31st £80.00

3 Day Camping for Thurs/Frid/Sat - £35.00

2 Day Camping for Frid/Sat is £30 per vehicle.

Saturday ONLY Camping is free.

Bikers & backpackers camp for free.
Children UNDER 12 Years of age
Free Admission

There is a £6 booking fee per order to cover Special Delivery postage & packing - NOT per ticket.

::((: ::((:
It must be true A_Michael said so

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:However could it be now ship of fear is cancelled that leaves his Halloween plans open......... :)
Hopefully we'll get a couple of shows. If not, this will be the first year I've not seen Alice since I became a fan.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:57 pm

The answer is no. We only sell 3 day (Thurs/Frid/Sat) tickets, 2 day (Frid/Sat) tickets and Saturday only tickets. The reason for this is that the country lanes around Cropredy and the accesses to the campsites simply could not cope with the two way traffic which such a ticketing system would create.

What they really mean, is that they have no way of ensuring you leave after Thursday. But what they don't know is that wild horses couldn't make me stay.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Is anyone planning on going then?

Rob kind of means to get tickets anyway, but I am not so sure. I'd love to stay the whole festival, I've always wanted to go, but I don't know if I can afford three nights (at the hotel of course I am not crazy). Apart from Lunasa I don't know the other artists, well I know about 10cc and Nick Kershaw having been a teenager in the 80's but I don't really have good memories of them. I'm sure their show is very different now.

I saw that Capercaillie is on tour also if only they played there I wouldn't hesitate one second, they're my favourite folk band and I've never seen them live.

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm

We're planning to go.

Depending on what else is going on in August, we might also do all 3 days.

The fact that they only sell tickets for the entire festival doesn' make much of a difference to me since I've never bought day tickets because they go on sale much later normally (might never happen when it's sold out before), and also I'm too afraid they change the schedule last-minute...

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 am

cynical marketing by the organisers; 'lets make sure the biggest star plays on the day you can't buy a 1 or 2 day ticket for and blame it on 'environmental issues' hope it backfires on them re ticket sales. Should rename the thing Crapredy!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 am

>blame it on 'environmental issues

It might be one of the conditions for granting a license to the promoter by the local authority as well.