Johnny Depp's surprise appearance at the LA show!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Johnny Depp's surprise appearance at the LA show!

Post by hallowedbemyname » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am

Johnny showed up for the covers portion of the set and stayed straight through to the end of the show. Everything sounded amazing, I FINALLY got a cane after all these years, and I managed to catch Alice outside afterwards to have him sign it and get a picture :grin: And I got a wave from Johnny from his car! Still overwhelmed by how awesome tonight was, I have to go through my pictures and see if I have any good ones to share.

Also, has anyone else ever had this happen? When I bought my tickets on the official site I wound up with 10th row seats, but when I picked them up at will-call they were 3rd row seats. I'm definitely not complaining, but it was still interesting.

Was at Conan yesterday, going to the show Saturday night, and then to Christmas Pudding the week after that...it's Alice madness for me haha :alice:
Yelling at fathers, screaming at mothers...

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Johnny Depp's surprise appearance at the LA show!

Post by alicebackstage » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 am

Congrats on a great night! Love it when the planets align like that. See you in Indio and in Phoenix!

bmbcali
Trash
Trash

Re: Johnny Depp's at LA show - Ticket Mess up ground(ctrl)

Post by bmbcali » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:12 pm

hallowedbemyname wrote:
Also, has anyone else ever had this happen? When I bought my tickets on the official site I wound up with 10th row seats, but when I picked them up at will-call they were 3rd row seats. I'm definitely not complaining, but it was still interesting.

I bought a ticket when they first were available through Alice's official website - when you buy tickets there they go through a company called ground(ctrl)in Sacramento, CA. I bought my ticket and it said I had seat A9, yet when I went to Will Call, they gave me seat C7. I told the girl at Will Call that was NOT the ticket I bought. She told me to let management and ground(ctrl) know because they messed up a LOT of tickets.

She tried to find my ticket and went through all the envelopes, but said it wasn't there. However, 2 days before the concert 2 seats in the A row went up for sale - one was possibly my ticket.

So, for every person that got a closer seat than they bought, there were others that bought a closer seat and then got put further back.

Someone needs to investigate this because it isn't right.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:02 pm

>I'm definitely not complaining, but it was still interesting.

You can thank Toby Mamis for that. If he suspects something like this isn't right, he will always try and correct it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 pm

>Someone needs to investigate this

Apparently, that is now happening.

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Johnny Depp's at LA show - Ticket Mess up ground(ctrl)

Post by hallowedbemyname » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 am

bmbcali wrote: I bought a ticket when they first were available through Alice's official website - when you buy tickets there they go through a company called ground(ctrl)in Sacramento, CA. I bought my ticket and it said I had seat A9, yet when I went to Will Call, they gave me seat C7. I told the girl at Will Call that was NOT the ticket I bought. She told me to let management and ground(ctrl) know because they messed up a LOT of tickets.
That's interesting, C7 is the exact seat I wound up with. That almost makes it sound like the people in will call were just shoving tickets in random envelopes or something. The only conclusion I could come up with at the time as to why I got a closer seat is that maybe some opened up and they just moved people closer, I feel bad if that was supposed to be someone else's seat but I had no idea :/

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:39 am

Toby consistently tries to do what's right for the fans in a very difficult job at times.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by hallowedbemyname » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 am

I can't imagine having to deal with everything he must have to. He was very nice when I met him once, I definitely believe he takes good care of the fans.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:32 pm

You both had seat C7? Or did one of you exchange that C7 for something else?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by hallowedbemyname » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm assuming that bmbcali traded seat C7 in for something else because at the show no one else came and tried to sit in C7 while I was there.

bmbcali
Trash
Trash

Post by bmbcali » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 pm

My mistake - I was given Seat C12. When I ordered through the official AC site months before, on the screen it showed I had bought seat A9. And here is a problem with the print out from ground(ctrl) - it did NOT show the seat number I had ordered. So that is a problem on that end also.

I should have had Seat A9. The Will Call girl looked through a bunch of envelopes and offered to seat me in a Box seat (off to the side). She said there had been a lot of ticket mixups at that show.

If you are a fan and had front row, you want to sit in the orchestra, not off to the side in a box seat. (Note to those that went to this show - I was wearing my 1979 Madhouse Rock T shirt (original) and my leather jacket with Alice's face painted on the back, a small Alice skull painted on one arm, and my leopard skin print rain boots.)

I didn't see Toby and I was up since 5am that day, worked all day, and after I got my ticket from Will Call, I had to get in the LONG line where people already had their tickets. I just wanted to get in, see what merchandise there was, get a diet coke and get in my seat.

I understand the matter is being investigated. I wish I had seen Toby because I would have brought it up on the spot. Yes he does have a difficult job and comes through for the fans.

I now think that Will Call may have put the wrong tickets in the envelopes, not that THAT hasn't been done before at other venues in the past. Which is why I'm always a little nervous until I go to Will Call and actually have my ticket in my hand - because I have seen screw ups in the past (like a missing "backstage" pass and the people at Will Call just took one out from another envelope and shoved it in mine - that was MANY years ago and I don't remember the venue.)

It would have been better instead of relying on Will Call at the venue if tickets could have been mailed out, especially since I ordered it months ago. It would have saved waiting in line at Will Call and if there was a problem with the ticket mailed it could have been resolved MONTHS before the actual concert date.

Or maybe the venue should just have a list of names and Seat numbers on a list and have their tickets in alpha-numeric order and as the person goes up and shows ID, they then pull the correct tickets and give them to the person.

I thought the venue, the Orpheum, was a great place to have an Alice Cooper concert, so I hope this matter is investigated so Alice might play there again in the future.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 pm

bmbcali wrote: Or maybe the venue should just have a list of names and Seat numbers on a list and have their tickets in alpha-numeric order and as the person goes up and shows ID, they then pull the correct tickets and give them to the person.
They had this in the UK.
When one set of our tickets were placed under the wrong name by GroundCTL, they could see exactly who had been allocated which tickets, and as we had a print out showing which exact tickets we had bought, they matched it all up and with a little help from backstage everything was sorted out in plenty of time.

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Si wrote:
bmbcali wrote: Or maybe the venue should just have a list of names and Seat numbers on a list and have their tickets in alpha-numeric order and as the person goes up and shows ID, they then pull the correct tickets and give them to the person.
They had this in the UK.
When one set of our tickets were placed under the wrong name by GroundCTL, they could see exactly who had been allocated which tickets, and as we had a print out showing which exact tickets we had bought, they matched it all up and with a little help from backstage everything was sorted out in plenty of time.
I can confirm this. All the venues knew exactly who had ordered which seats. I didn't even need any printed papers to collect my tickets, everything just went perfect.

BTW, the order summary in my customer profile does state the exact seats I bought. The receipt (which is also sent out by email), on the other hand, doesn't. So I would really recommend everyone to print out the summary/confirmation and not the receipt in order to collect tickets...

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 pm

hallowedbemyname wrote:Johnny showed up for the covers portion of the set and stayed straight through to the end of the show. Everything sounded amazing, I FINALLY got a cane after all these years, and I managed to catch Alice outside afterwards to have him sign it and get a picture :grin: And I got a wave from Johnny from his car! Still overwhelmed by how awesome tonight was, I have to go through my pictures and see if I have any good ones to share.

Was at Conan yesterday, going to the show Saturday night, and then to Christmas Pudding the week after that...it's Alice madness for me haha :alice:

That's great, Hallowedbemyname.
[

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:04 am

That's really cool. I'd love to have been there.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 pm

its strange how this man hide him; a cap, beard, glasses, etc, all his head is hidden, he dont know what to do to ugly him and hide him....on stag or in private, not in movies; strange...
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm

It would be cool to get Johnny to play a song on the next album!
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER